Crime What did the cops do wrong today. Vol. 2

Honestly the worst part of the footage is the cop escalating the situation near the beginning of the clip. Saying "what the fuck you gonna do?" Especially to a teenager is going to result in the opposite of what he wants him to do. It's completely unprofessional and the cop should be trained to know that.
I see what you mean and I don't necessarily disagree. The kid was showing plenty of attitude and it could have been handled differently on that part. I don't have much of a problem with the cop responding in kind to the shit the kid was giving though.

I see what you mean and I don't necessarily disagree. The kid was showing plenty of attitude and it could have been handled differently on that part. I don't have much of a problem with the cop responding in kind to the shit the kid was giving though.

The second half of the video I agree. But the cop as the adult and authority figure is supposed to be the one to responsible for at least trying to de-escalate the situation. This shit happens in a lot of these cases (with cops in general) some of which end in people dying and it's really frustrating to see.

The second half of the video I agree. But the cop as the adult and authority figure is supposed to be the one to responsible for at least trying to de-escalate the situation. This shit happens in a lot of these cases (with cops in general) some of which end in people dying and it's really frustrating to see.
I'll agree that the "what the fuck are you going to do" line was unprofessional and probably not necessary. I was a shithead when I was that age though and being nice to me wouldn't have been helpful either. Hope the kid and the cop learned something from it.

- Yareni Rios-Gonzalez is a female suspected of engaging in a road rage incident, allegedly meancing with a gun
- Plateville police department pulled her truck over just ahead of train tracks.
- She was handcuffed , placed in the back of the police cruiser and the doors were locked.
- The police parked the cruiser right on the train tracks.
- A freight train then smasked into the police cruiser. A cop can be seen walking away from the cruiser as the train approaches.
- Neither he nor any other police on the scene made any attempt to get the woman out before it hit.
- Atlest 1 of the cops who arrived on the scene didn't seem to know there was a person in the back but atleast 1 female police officer did know.
- The freight train was blaring its horn before it struck the vehicle.

- Astonishingly the woman is alive but has suffered serious injuries and is hospital.

Yareni Rios-Gonzalez, 20, was locked in the cruiser, which was parked on tracks north of Platteville, Colorado, the evening of Sept. 16. She could see and hear the freight train coming and "tried frantically to get the officers' attention," personal injury lawyer Paul Wilkinson said. Rios-Gonzalez tried to escape from the car, but the doors were locked, Wilkinson said.

"She saw the whole thing coming and believed it to be the end," he said.
----

Video in below links, shows cop walking away and train smasking into the police cruiser.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...tracks-detained-suspect-hit-train/8094333001/

https://abc7.com/colorado-train-cra...ar-collision-fort-lupton-department/12256661/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...spect-inside-cops-parked-tracks.html#comments

-----

This incident deserves its own thread rather than be buried in the megathread because the willfull negligence and incompetence is unbelievable. Who :
- parks on train tracks...
- and then locks a person inside...
- and then does nothing when they can see and hear a train approaching.

When I read this story I thought to myself "what the eff did I just read"

Last edited:
Isn't that literally a trope of cartoon villainy? I can't make out whether the cop had a long thin mustache.

She sustained a head injury, broken arm, fractured sternum, nine broken ribs, broken teeth and injuries to her back and legs, Wilkinson said. She is conscious, able to speak and has been able to stand briefly. Her recovery will be long, Wilkinson said, but medical staff is hopeful she can leave the hospital sometime next week when she regains more mobility.

Presumably they'll pay through the nose for that sort of ridiculousness.

When you only get 6-8 weeks of training you don't have time to fit a class about not parking on train tracks into the curriculum.

Also wood.

- Yareni Rios-Gonzalez is a female suspected of engaging in a road rage incident, allegedly meancing with a gun
- Plateville police department pulled her truck over just ahead of train tracks.
- She was handcuffed , placed in the back of the police cruiser and the doors were locked.
- A freight train then smasked into the police cruiser. A cop can be seen walking away from the cruiser as the train approaches.
- Neither he nor any other police on the scene made any attempt to get the woman out before it hit.
- Atlest 1 of the cops who arrived on the scene didn't seem to know there was a person in the back but atleast 1 female police officer did know.

- Astonishingly the woman is alive but has suffered serious injuries and is hospital.

Yareni Rios-Gonzalez, 20, was locked in the cruiser, which was parked on tracks north of Platteville, Colorado, the evening of Sept. 16. She could see and hear the freight train coming and "tried frantically to get the officers' attention," personal injury lawyer Paul Wilkinson said. Rios-Gonzalez tried to escape from the car, but the doors were locked, Wilkinson said.

----

Video in below links, shows cop walking away and train smasking into the police cruiser.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...tracks-detained-suspect-hit-train/8094333001/

https://abc7.com/colorado-train-cra...ar-collision-fort-lupton-department/12256661/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...spect-inside-cops-parked-tracks.html#comments

-----

This incident deserves its own thread rather than be buried in the megathread because the willfull negligence and incompetence is unbelievable. Who :

Came of this thread to specifically post this story.
The officer needs to be fired (obviously) and that lady is getting a huge check.
That is pure stupidity. It reminded me of the cops of Reno 911

----

-----

This seems like something Paulie Walnuts would do from the Sopranos.

Summary:

1. Cop pulled over because they identified her vehicle in an earlier road rage incident involving a gun.

2. Police cuffs her, and stick her in a police car that is parked on the train tracks.

3.Train comes in SMOKES the squad car.

4. Woman now on life support in the hospital

(Train hits at 4:56)

Whatcha gonna do when dey come for you bad boys bad boys..

Also, this is why we kneel..

Back