What do you estimate the odds at in these potential future matchups?

svmr_db

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Zhang Weili vs Rose Namajunas

Alexander Volkanovski vs Korean Zombie

Alexander Volkanovski vs Zabit Magomedsharipov

Petr Yan vs Aljamain Sterling

Petr Yan vs Cody Garbrandt

Jiri Prochazka vs Corey Anderson

Jiri Prochazka vs Johnny Walker

Weili
Volk
Volk
Yan
Yan
Jiri
Jiri

Are def favorites, - 2xx imo.

Zhang Weili (-310) vs Rose Namajunas (+260): This line is obviously high for Weili but casual bettors back the fighter they like better and Zhang comes from a country with a lot people with national pride. Theres also going to be a lot made of the fact Zhang Weili beat Joanna in her first title defense and the fact that Rose felt a lot of pressure after she won the title the first time.

Alexander Volkanovski (-225) vs Korean Zombie (+190): If this fight were made Volkanovski would have the respect of the betting market and Korean Zombie would be viewed as a potential threat though I think Volkanovski would close a bigger favorite than this.

Alexander Volkanovski (-170) vs Zabit Magomedsharipov (+145): If this fight were made alot of the focus would be on the height difference and that would be percieved as a bigger advantage for Zabit by bettors than it would end up being in reality. Theres also the fact that Volkanovskis latest win over Holloway was not all that convincing so that would be factored into the odds.

Petr Yan (-230) vs Aljamain Sterling (+180): Given that this is going to be Yans first title defense he is not going to be an overwhelming betting favorite and Aljo is going to be viewed as a threat to submit him though the concencus would likely be this fight goes to decision.

Petr Yan vs Cody (-225) Garbrandt (+175): This is a line that pays respect to the champion while acknowledging that champion could lose to a former champion; im also reflecting the fact Garbrandt would have to notch another high profile win to get this title shot so his resume would look better than it does currently.

Jiri Prochazka (+200) vs Corey Anderson (-250): Corey is going to be a pretty significant betting favorite due to how he handled Johnny Walker who is a similar fighter to Jiri, his ranking (#4), and his percieved ability to focus in on his opponents weaknesses.

Jiri Prochazka (-140) vs Johnny Walker (+120): Jiri would be the betting favorite due in part to the recency of his win, but on paper these two are very evenly matched and the odds would reflect that.

Zhang Weili (-310) vs Rose Namajunas (+260): This line is obviously high for Weili but casual bettors back the fighter they like better and Zhang comes from a country with a lot people with national pride. Theres also going to be a lot made of the fact Zhang Weili beat Joanna in her first title defense and the fact that Rose felt a lot of pressure after she won the title the first time.

Alexander Volkanovski (-225) vs Korean Zombie (+190): If this fight were made Volkanovski would have the respect of the betting market and Korean Zombie would be viewed as a potential threat though I think Volkanovski would close a bigger favorite than this.

Alexander Volkanovski (-170) vs Zabit Magomedsharipov (+145): If this fight were made alot of the focus would be on the height difference and that would be percieved as a bigger advantage for Zabit by bettors than it would end up being in reality. Theres also the fact that Volkanovskis latest win over Holloway was not all that convincing so that would be factored into the odds.

Petr Yan (-230) vs Aljamain Sterling (+180): Given that this is going to be Yans first title defense he is not going to be an overwhelming betting favorite and Aljo is going to be viewed as a threat to submit him though the concencus would likely be this fight goes to decision.

Petr Yan vs Cody (-225) Garbrandt (+175): This is a line that pays respect to the champion while acknowledging that champion could lose to a former champion; im also reflecting the fact Garbrandt would have to notch another high profile win to get this title shot so his resume would look better than it does currently.

Jiri Prochazka (+200) vs Corey Anderson (-250): Corey is going to be a pretty significant betting favorite due to how he handled Johnny Walker who is a similar fighter to Jiri, his ranking (#4), and his percieved ability to focus in on his opponents weaknesses.

Jiri Prochazka (-140) vs Johnny Walker (+120): Jiri would be the betting favorite due in part to the recency of his win, but on paper these two are very evenly matched and the odds would reflect that.

I agree with most of your points except for Prochazka vs Anderson. I think recency bias would factor in even from the opening odds, having seen Jiri with such a great first showing by KO'ing Oezdemir compared to Corey Anderson getting blitzed out in the first round by Jan Blachowicz. I could see the fight being a pick em or leaning slightly to either fighter. I think a lot of the narrative from the Anderson vs Walker fight would be relevant to this one as well, in that if Corey could survive the first round he should be able to ugly the fight up and grinding Jiri out to a decision. But Jiri would be incredibly dangerous that first round at the very least especially with the perception of Corey's weak chin.

I agree with most of your points except for Prochazka vs Anderson. I think recency bias would factor in even from the opening odds, having seen Jiri with such a great first showing by KO'ing Oezdemir compared to Corey Anderson getting blitzed out in the first round by Jan Blachowicz. I could see the fight being a pick em or leaning slightly to either fighter. I think a lot of the narrative from the Anderson vs Walker fight would be relevant to this one as well, in that if Corey could survive the first round he should be able to ugly the fight up and grinding Jiri out to a decision. But Jiri would be incredibly dangerous that first round at the very least especially with the perception of Corey's weak chin.
If anything it would lean towards Jiri, Anderson is a dog in so many fights and him getting KOed in a fight he was favoured in wouldn't help

I think Volk vs Zombie would look like:
Volk: -220
Zombie: +200

I think after beating Max “twice” we’ll get some nice odds on Zombie vs Volk and I’m taking Zombie by KO. Volk looked very different in his last performance so much so that I’ve lost confidence in betting him at -200 or more.

Holy shit I hope you're right on Yan/Aljo.

Back