What do you guys think of the Knees over toes guy ?

I've heard of muscle stiffness but never fat stiffness.

More in the sense that fat tissue can impair ROM as the fat pushes against itself and limits how much flexion or adduction of a joint you can obtain, not that it's stiff. Fat induration exists, but usually in sclerotic conditions or if the tissue itself is necrotic. So if you got uncontrolled 'beetus from being morbidly obese and cellulitis sets in, that fat is probably gonna get hard.

Last edited:
Is this the dude that was a prick on bodybuilding.com with a username like "ATG" or something like 8-9 years ago? Would always brag about his vertical.

Well, he don't have any data to prove what he says, but, yeah, a lot of things that professional bodybuilders and strongmans do also don't have any data to prove (especially to usage and mixing of drugs, as exemple, taking at same time GH, testosterone and insulin to get bigger, witch don't have any study to corroborate that). So idk, if people wanna try, it's ok. He says to not push so far that you fell pain. In that sense, i don't think people will get hurt, maybe just in expectations and in their pockets ( i would dowload his progam withouth paying, tbh).

Based on the height of the doors, the rim seems to be regulation height. I have never seen a men's league or adult pickup ball being played on small fry rims.

It's easy to be flexible when you have no muscle

It's honestly pretty easy to be flexible when you have muscle too.

I can and do perform dips with a similar range of motion because it's awesome for my shoulders.

I'm I'm arguing that my BMI isn't too high. I'm arguing that there are people fatter than me with better flexibility. Just as there are skinnier people than KOT guy that have shitty mobility.

The truth is its easy to be flexible if you put effort into it. Which I don't.

Everyone's already ripped this dude. I agree he seems like a total snake oil salesman, but a few things he suggested do seem interesting. Or did to me (tibialis raise, ankle mobility really which he didn't even suggest but is the basis of most of his movements, nordics which everyone already knew)

He was flooding my youtube rec- for a while, randomly. Algorithm was pumping this fucking guy out hard. Then I saw him on a podcast or something after watching a few of his videos, weeks ago, a month ago...

And he was citing Charles Poliquin as his source/inspiration basically for all this. Yeah,,,wasn't Poliquin a fucking quack?

Any proof at all that any of these weird exercises in particular prevent injuries, or are we supposed to take his word for it? What does "end range" mean, is it supposed to be a theoretical abstract ideal that does not vary from one person to the next? So he advocates for getting stronger, but he also never trains heavy with compound exercises, so which one is it, getting stronger or something else?

Many injuries in contact sports come from overuse, fast dynamic motions that force the joint in a direction it's not designed to go, direct impact, excessive loading, etc. How is maximum flexibility supposed to prevent this, and where is the proof that learning the splits or extreme sissy squats (not sure what to call that exercise) help? I don't know, I get the impression that he doesn't even try to substantiate what he's saying other than "Hey, but Usain Bolt and Serena can do the splits". Maybe he does somewhere else, I don't know. Not that I think flexibility is a bad thing.

At the aftercare I work all the double jointed or hyper mobile kids can hit the splits right off the bat. Yet I'd say their flexibility is almost too much and they might even have a higher chance of injury (good luck submitting them with joint locks in mma tho).

So he advocates for getting stronger, but he also never trains heavy with compound exercises, so which one is it, getting stronger or something else?.

This guy breaks it down, basketball players will produce sharper peak forces during plyometrics and an approach jump than they will during a max, full range of motion squat;

From what I’ve seen of Kneesoverthetoes guy recommends depth jumps.

Not sure about the rest of his advice though.

He looks like an injury waiting to happen to me.

This guy breaks it down, basketball players will produce sharper peak forces during plyometrics and an approach jump than they will during a max, full range of motion squat;

Watching a few videos, that guy seems way better than the kneetoe guy.

Understands that people are different.
Understands periodization and managing load in athletes.
Seperates injury prevention and health, from hypetrophy, from performance.
Isn't particularly dogmatic.
Puts evidence into context.
Understand sports mechanics.

Obviously you can still disagree on things, and there's some flash, but still seems pretty sensible and informed.

Last edited:

One obviously obnoxious thing kneesovertoes guy does is claim he’s a world class athlete seemingly just because he has a 40+ vertical.

That’s only one tiny hyper specific aspect of athleticism that he has excelled at.

I’d like to see a bit more varied athleticism before making such a claim.

What I was responding to was a post saying that he advocates "building strength through the end range" as a way to prevent injury, which is kinda unrelated to what the guy on that video is saying. In fact, the guy in the video is sayin quarter squats can be beneficial for your running vertical, which is the opposite of "end range strength" which implies the fullest ROM possible or something like that, from what I understood. I have indeed seen some study that talked about quarter squats being beneficial for jumping. However, from what I've seen from KOT, his injury prevention stuff is at odds with what I've heard from other sources that I trust and seem to be well researched.

Plyometrics is something I don't know much about, but that video does seem interesting. KOT guy comes across as trying to promote himself as some holder of an incredible secret while not providing much evidence or science for what he's saying, from what I've seen. To me he seems like yet another Jeff Cavalier type. He also has the delivery of an infomercial host, full of exaggerated claims and buzzwords like "bulletproofing" "WORLD CLASS ATHLETE", etc. Kinda the opposite of the guy you posted. I'd much rather listen to a dude like the one you posted than him.

Last edited:
What I was responding to was a post saying that he advocates "building strength through the end range" as a way to prevent injury, which is kinda unrelated to what the guy on that video is saying. In fact, the guy in the video is sayin quarter squats can be beneficial for your running vertical, which is the opposite of "end range strength" or whatever. I have indeed seen some study that talked about quarter squats being beneficial for that. From what I've seen from KOT, his injury prevention stuff seems to be at odds with what I've heard from other sources that I trust and seem to be well researched.

Plyometrics is something I don't know much about, but that video does seem interesting. KOT guy comes across as trying to promote himself as some holder of an incredible secret while not providing much evidence or science for what he's saying, from what I've seen. To me he seems like yet another Jeff Cavalier type. He also has the delivery of an infomercial host, full of exaggerated claims and buzzwords like "bulletproofing" "WORLD CLASS ATHLETE", etc. Kinda the opposite from the guy you posted. I'd much rather listen to a dude like the one you posted than him.
Most people don't program or execute plyos correctly.

1/4 squats are a staple in sprinters' and jumpers' programming. Hopefully they aren't the nly squats they're doing. o_O

One obviously obnoxious thing kneesovertoes guy does is claim he’s a world class athlete seemingly just because he has a 40+ vertical.

That’s only one tiny hyper specific aspect of athleticism that he has excelled at.

I’d like to see a bit more varied athleticism before making such a claim.

Agreed, that is some bullshit. He basically claims he's a world class athlete, but in reality he never even sniffed the NBA. Which is an extremely high-bar but from what I could see:

1. His "mixtape" highlights he looks very pedestrian athletically, outside of being able to dunk and even then he gets up there but it doesn't look all that explosive. I'd like to know how tall he is. If he's 6'3 or 6'4 then it's not that impressive to dunk, and I doubt he actually has a 40 inch vert.

2. His college, I believe, was Eastern Florida State. https://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2013-14/div1/players/benpatrickudrw

So this isn't even an actual college program, it's JUCO. Junior College, D1 technically. His stats?

5.5 PPG, 33% FG, 5.5 APG, 2.4 RPG in 9.5 MPG

He was a junior college bench player lol. Which is fine, nothing to be ashamed of. But to claim world class athleticism is autistic. I'd love to see Ben Patrick perform an NFL combine testing to see how he stacks up in the 40/vert/broad/3cone/bench.

I did some band assisted Nordic curls, and reverse Nordics today. They're exercises I'd never done before, and only learned about because of him, so if nothing else he's added to my repertoire...

Back