What do you think about the new Bellator champs?

Koreshkov would be a good test for him, too.

Yep, even MVP if he beats Lima tbh. There's no shortage of legit challengers at WW, there's more than there are at FW imo.

They are going to have a hard time finding a legit challenger for Amosov. McKee has monsters on the way up, so that will be good for everyone. Moldavsky doesn't do much for me, but he's a good contender at HW with decent takedowns, a good chin, and can still breathe in the 5th round.

We may likely see Magomedov as a champ soon as well.
Primus and Shabliy would be his toughest challenges but they are largely unknown, particularly Shabliy. Usman is the fight to make by late 2022, IMO.

Storley is a legit challenger, I would maybe actually favour him in the fight. Joey Davis is potentially a very difficult style matchup for him too.
Joey Davis has gotta be looking at McKee cashing that $1m and wondering Wtf he’s doing with himself. If Joey took mma more seriously he could potentially be champ and could be 14-0 now or something. Don’t know what the hold up is on his part.

Joey Davis has gotta be looking at McKee cashing that $1m and wondering Wtf he’s doing with himself. If Joey took mma more seriously he could potentially be champ and could be 14-0 now or something. Don’t know what the hold up is on his part.

Dunno if it's his fault or if people just don't want to fight him.

They train together you would assume he would want to be as active as AJ.

Primus and Shabliy would be his toughest challenges but they are largely unknown, particularly Shabliy. Usman is the fight to make by late 2022, IMO.
I think they should have a LW grand prix. It's the division that makes the most sense to have a grand prix right now because they need to shake up the rankings, the rankings are trash, few of the best fighters are in rankings and most of the worst fighters are in the rankings. It's also a natural progression for those who think that McKee is trying to move up a class for an easier cut, and Pitbull has to defend his belt. Each installment could be epic and it would lead to a fantastic finish where you might be able to crown a new Russian champ. But more than anything else it would just lead to us having rankings which would make some semblance of sense. You just need to avoid a few things, like Mamedov and Nurmagomedov need to be on opposite sides of the bracket so they only meet for the strap, Pitbull and McKee should probably also be on opposite sides of the bracket so they only meet for the strap. Pitbull and his brother should be on opposite sides. Something like:

Patricio Pitbull/Adam Piccolotti
Pitbull/Shabliy​
Alexander Shabliy/Gadzhi Rabadanov

Sidney Outlaw/Brent Primus
Primus/Mamedov (the rematch)​
Benson Henderson/Islam Mamedov
////////////////////////////
Peter Queally/Usman Nurmagomedov
Nurmagomedov/Goiti​
Patricky Pitbull/Goiti Yamauchi

Myles Jury/Nick Browne
Browne/McKee​
AJ McKee/Dan Moret

They train together you would assume he would want to be as active as AJ.
Exactly. This has to be fuel to the fire for him. Your buddy just changed his life by taking this thing seriously. What's the hold up for you? Joey could be champ if he fought more. I just don't know if he's really about this fight stuff.

I think they should have a LW grand prix. It's the division that makes the most sense to have a grand prix right now because they need to shake up the rankings, the rankings are trash, few of the best fighters are in rankings and most of the worst fighters are in the rankings. It's also a natural progression for those who think that McKee is trying to move up a class for an easier cut, and Pitbull has to defend his belt. Each installment could be epic and it would lead to a fantastic finish where you might be able to crown a new Russian champ. But more than anything else it would just lead to us having rankings which would make some semblance of sense. You just need to avoid a few things, like Mamedov and Nurmagomedov need to be on opposite sides of the bracket so they only meet for the strap, Pitbull and McKee should probably also be on opposite sides of the bracket so they only meet for the strap. Pitbull and his brother should be on opposite sides. Something like:

Pitbull/Shabliy​

Nurmagomedov/Goiti​

Myles Jury/Nick Browne
Browne/McKee​
AJ McKee/Dan Moret

My issues with that are.

1) I'd never put two people in a tournament who would never fight each other. I doubt Patricky would make the final but if he and Patricio did, you wouldn't have a final.

2) I don't think you should have AJ going from being FW champ to fighting Dan Moret.

My issues with that are.

1) I'd never put two people in a tournament who would never fight each other. I doubt Patricky would make the final but if he and Patricio did, you wouldn't have a final.

2) I don't think you should have AJ going from being FW champ to fighting Dan Moret.
True. I mean alternatively you can absolutely just have most of the same fights but not put it in a tournament format. The upside of that is that you're not forced into having anyone fight anyone else that might be a bad matchup for them. But I think the tournament format and the "million dollar prize" is one of the biggest draws that Bellator has right now, the gimmick has a lot of fans both among fighters and also viewers.

True. I mean alternatively you can absolutely just have most of the same fights but not put it in a tournament format. The upside of that is that you're not forced into having anyone fight anyone else that might be a bad matchup for them. But I think the tournament format and the "million dollar prize" is one of the biggest draws that Bellator has right now, the gimmick has a lot of fans both among fighters and also viewers.

Do we have the numbers for the previous GP finals out of interest? I would assume it's somewhat successful if they keep doing it though.

Do we have the numbers for the previous GP finals out of interest? I would assume it's somewhat successful if they keep doing it though.
I'm actually waiting for bubba32 (was it?) to come out with Jedi Goodman's weekly tv ratings for this week' bellator event but I haven't seen the thread yet.

Pitbull/Shabliy​

Nurmagomedov/Goiti​

Myles Jury/Nick Browne
Browne/McKee​
AJ McKee/Dan Moret
LWGP needs to happen, the problem that LW in Bellator has 0 drawing power. There are no names to appeal to the masses. Usman does have some hype behind him but I doubt he would take part of it.

LWGP needs to happen, the problem that LW in Bellator has 0 drawing power. There are no names to appeal to the masses. Usman does have some hype behind him but I doubt he would take part of it.
He should be, I think. He'd be like the McKee of the LW bracket. That's why in my theoretical one (which isn't to be taken too seriously) I tried to give him and AJ the easiest draws. He's 13-0, if he wins 4 fights he'd be 17-0, he has a lot of the name power and he fights in a way that I think fans like as well, he's quite a bit flashier than his cousin. He's the guy I think you're hoping wins the whole thing, no question.

He should be, I think. He'd be like the McKee of the LW bracket. That's why in my theoretical one (which isn't to be taken too seriously) I tried to give him and AJ the easiest draws. He's 13-0, if he wins 4 fights he'd be 17-0, he has a lot of the name power and he fights in a way that I think fans like as well, he's quite a bit flashier than his cousin. He's the guy I think you're hoping wins the whole thing, no question.
I anticipate he will fight some low level opposition for his next couple of fights. Maybe something like Bryce Logan or Saad Awad at the most.

I anticipate he will fight some low level opposition for his next couple of fights. Maybe something like Bryce Logan or Saad Awad at the most.
Yeah, I mean I have him against Queally next and I think that's really not that big a difference from Logan. But realistically at some point he needs to take a step up in competition, if he's 3 fights into the division and 14-0 and he's not fighting a serious guy next, and there I have Goiti but it could be anyone in that range, then I think that his stock will start to take a hit because the perception about him will that he will be that he's not being given serious competition.

Yea, the Usman fight seems a no brainer. If Usman can keep working his English and has anything like the personality of his cousin, then it can be a win win for Bellator. Primus would he tough, but he'd have to get McKee down. I am curious as to how strong McKee will be at LW.

Pitbull/Shabliy​

Nurmagomedov/Goiti​

Myles Jury/Nick Browne
Browne/McKee​
AJ McKee/Dan Moret
Can we not have Mamedov anywhere near this?

Back