What does your physique look like?

Why can't you do both? What does your programming look like?

The battle against lower belly fat means getting leaner overall.
My programming is a mess tbh. It’s basically all vanity lifting on movements that I’ve grown complacent with lol

A very real issue though is trying to manage my tendonitis. In a typical week I've pulled and pushed so much from lats and delts (in addition to chest and arms) that there's not much of a gap to hit deadlifts unless I either further aggravate the tendonitis or reduce one of the other muscle groups. As I type this I realize the obvious answer for me would probably be to eliminate biceps which I devote an entire day of isolation to that I then have to space out with lats

EDIT: and regarding belly fat; I know it's bodyfat but I'd like to solidify/develop the underlying muscle so that I'm at least not as soft there in terms of depth when you poke it lol. I have no illusions of cutting to single-digit bodyfat % at this point in my life

Last edited:
I never bench. Instead, I always use dumbbells, but last night I tried and I did 225. I don't think I could have done anymore but I did that and I never train bench. My technique is probably bad but I still did it.

What's a good bench for a natty? 275 seems like a big jump up from 225.

I never bench. Instead, I always use dumbbells, but last night I tried and I did 225. I don't think I could have done anymore but I did that and I never train bench. My technique is probably bad but I still did it.

275 is still not a good bench for a natty, but it also depends what you weigh and how you’re built.

I know a couple 200 lb natties who bench over 4 plates.

If you’re an average size guy who trains with any sort of seriousness, 275x1 is still a shit bench.

A "good bench" depends on the person and what their goals are. In football 225 is unacceptable for an NFL linebacker, but is great for a freshman HS linebacker. Dennis Cieri has hit over 500lbs at 205lbs in his 40s and 50s, to my knowledge he has never failed a drug test. Jake Amendola is a tested lifter that recently hit 600 in training and narrowly missed it in competition, at roughly 240lbs. Not claiming anyone is drug free or not, but they are tested and hitting huge numbers compared to their bodyweight. I think a good bench for a natural lifter that is just beginning to practice the movement, is one that progresses steadily for a year or two without any setbacks or disruptions like injury or plateau.

130 kg / 286 lbs is a pretty good bench for a motivated natty.

it took me 1 month to get from 100 kg / 225 lbs to 115 kg / 253 lbs.

Pretty dehydrated here

3J3EeSq.jpeg

Yd4Jpku.jpeg

Currently working on my core and farmer's tan
wood (no homo)

I'm a skinny dude compared to some of you beasts (I'm 6'2" 185lbs), don't lift real heavy. I just turned 41, don't take any supplements, just eat clean. (Yes I've had puffy nipples since puberty). Took these yesterday after a shower.

upload_2020-12-5_10-9-42.png
upload_2020-12-5_10-10-28.png

I'm a skinny dude compared to some of you beasts (I'm 6'2" 185lbs), don't lift real heavy. I just turned 41, don't take any supplements, just eat clean. (Yes I've had puffy nipples since puberty). Took these yesterday after a shower.

View attachment 818042
View attachment 818043
41 looking 31. Way to not abuse yourself into early aging, brether.

275 is still not a good bench for a natty, but it also depends what you weigh and how you’re built.

I know a couple 200 lb natties who bench over 4 plates.

If you’re an average size guy who trains with any sort of seriousness, 275x1 is still a shit bench.

Considering I’m currently at 250 with my intermediate benching goal being 275 ... cue sadness.

That said I only bench once a week and it’s way lower priority for me than squatting. The sad thing is that my bench is progressing a lot faster than my squat.

I think I just have a crap physique for powerlifting, at the end of the day. Which is fine, I’m certainly not aiming to enter any comps.

5'8, 135/140 pounds and about 10/12% bodyfat.

I spend 7/8 hours at week on my bike and started to lifting weights this year because I couldn't kickbox due the covid.

Not planning into getting any fatter.

View attachment 818042
View attachment 818043
Holy shit bro, i have a hard time believing you're 41! Crazy stuff, great physique by all standards!

Thank you brother. Getting older sucks so I just try to eat healthy, and keep as active as possible.
You're welcome.
Well, it works out quite well for you, doesn't it?
Your physique is probably what i think is close to the ideal for MMA (amongst other things) being muscular, but not bulky or very heavy (in relation to your height).
How much protein do you consume per day?

LUf8jLl.png

5'8, 126lbs ?% --> 150lbs 12%, never explicitly bulked, 3 years time span, 2 years of dieting properly ( I was at ~133lbs for the first year b/c i didn't know how to eat enough lmao ).

Huge difference. I'd say your after pic is around 17-18 percent bodyfat as there is a lack of abdominal definition (on average circa 15 top two abs show, circa 13 middle two appear and circa 10 percent all abs in).

If you are into aesthetics I'd perform a small cut to gain some vascularity and definition and then you will be looking sick next to the average. (5'8- 145 lean will be close to the old fight club physique as Pitt was reportedly 5'11 155 ripped).

You're welcome.
Well, it works out quite well for you, doesn't it?
Your physique is probably what i think is close to the ideal for MMA (amongst other things) being muscular, but not bulky or very heavy (in relation to your height).
How much protein do you consume per day?

I eat very similar everyday. Chicken breast, eggs, broccoli with butter, almonds, almond butter, a veggie protein shake, fresh fruits, oatmeal. I get around 135-150 grams a day. I had stomach problems in my late twenties which turned out to be celiac disease, and I'm lactose intolerant. I used to eat pretty bad, so now I'm basically forced to eat healthy, I enjoy it now though. I eat some lean red meats as well. I get closer to 180-200 grams of protein when I'm bulking but my stomach is pretty sensitive, so my bulking never goes well.

Last edited:
Back