What events should we use for the next Shoop Contests? Voice opinions here.

bigwaverider

✌️ SHOOP MOD ✌️
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Greetings everyone,

We normally hold these conversations in private, but I have decided to move them into the public forum so we all can give our input. Let your voices be heard.

Let me know if these are good events for the contests.

There are some good Main Events coming up for the contests. We have MS Paint next in rotation, and ISL after that. As most of you know, all of the contests are two rounds. First we have Round 1, the Elimination Round, where the top 20 Shoopers advance to Round 2. Round 2 is the Final Round where the Winners are declared. We will take your total combined votes from Round 1 and 2 to determine your score.

This below is a copy/paste from Wiki <-- (link to all upcoming events). Starting from the bottom, Jones/Santos, Halloway/Edgar (lower on the list), Cormier/Miocic, and Khabib/Porier are all good main events for the contest.

I believe Cormier/Miocic, and Khabib/Porier are perfect for ISL, which is right after Paint.

As for Paint we can do the Elimination Round using Ngannou vs. dos Santos, and for Final Round Jones/Santos. This will be a fast pace as there are only 10 days between events. Or we can do the Elimination Round using Jones/Santos and the Final Round Holloway/Edgar, which just sounds a bit anti-climatic.

Ngannou vs. dos Santos is in a little over two weeks, so we could be having some contests soon. :D Your voices will determine what events we will use. Would like your guys thoughts on this.

edit: If anyone doesn't know the 3 contests we hold, here is a brief description.

ISL. (International Shoop League) The most prestigious contest on Sherdog. Leans towards gif making but some have done well making static images.

NGS (Non Gif Shoop Contest) The most popular contest on SD. No gifs allowed. Single frame, non story-board, static images only.

MS Paint - Self explanatory. Also single frame, non story-board, static images only.

UFC 242: Khabib vs. Poirier Sep 7, 2019 TBA Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates [10]
UFC Fight Night: Andrade vs. Zhang Aug 31, 2019 Shenzhen Universiade Sports Centre Shenzhen, Guangdong, China [15]
UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic 2 Aug 17, 2019 Honda Center Anaheim, California, U.S. [16]
UFC on ESPN+ 14 Aug 10, 2019 Antel Arena Montevideo, Uruguay [10]
UFC on ESPN 5 Aug 3, 2019 TBA Sochi, Russia [17]
UFC 240: Holloway vs. Edgar Jul 27, 2019 Rogers Place Edmonton, Alberta, Canada [9]
UFC on ESPN 4 Jul 20, 2019 AT&T Center San Antonio, Texas, U.S. [9]
UFC Fight Night: de Randamie vs. Ladd Jul 13, 2019 Golden 1 Center Sacramento, California, U.S. [18]
UFC 239: Jones vs. Santos Jul 6, 2019 T-Mobile Arena Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S. [19]
UFC on ESPN: Ngannou vs. dos Santos Jun 29, 2019 Target Center Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S. [19]
UFC Fight Night: Moicano vs. Korean Zombie Jun 22, 2019 Bon Secours Wellness Arena Greenville, South Carolina, U.S. [19]

@Draxton and @Dead Kennedy volunteered his pic for shooping

draxton-head-png.598917

upload_2019-6-13_18-16-11-png.598931

draxton-full-body-png.598919

57210ee2-5dd8-4e89-9638-1d6a138122e5-jpeg.598861

eea109a9-bd82-4dfd-a693-a90c1299ad06-jpeg.598891

Last edited:
I'm happy with your suggestions and agree on Jones/Santos being the better choice for the final round of the Paint comp.

I believe Cormier/Miocic, and Khabib/Porier are perfect for ISL

Agreed on this also, the Khabib/Dustin fight is going to be huge and definitely the right choice for an ISL final.

Last edited:
Ngannou vs Dos Santos will have some guaranteed good but sad shoops I'm sure.

I'm just happy to participate, and looking forward to being humbled once more

I'm happy with your suggestions and agree on Jones/Santos being the better choice for the final round of the Paint comp.

Agreed on this also, the Khabib/Dustin fight is going to be huge and definitely the right choice for an ISL final.

We have been waiting for so long for some "Shoop Event worthy" cards, and these are pretty good. Jones headlining an event always brings some good stuff. Cormier/Miocic, and Khabib/Porier should bring some good action... and hopefully funny faces. :D

I think this is really good:

Ngannou /dos Santos, and Jones/Santos for MsPaint
Cormier/Miocic, and Khabib/Porier for ISL

Ngannou vs Dos Santos will have some guaranteed good but sad shoops I'm sure.

Yea mon for sure. And with Jones next, it could be a gold MsPaint contest.

When's the deadline?

What? We are just trying to find out if we all think these events are good. If you are asking when is the deadline for us to make up our mind on it, then I dunno.... a few days maybe? After we hear from more people we can make up our minds. Hell maybe I can even make a sign up thread for MsPaint this week end.

I'm just happy to participate, and looking forward to being humbled once more

Brah you can place high or even win one of these things. But not with that attitude. :p

i been doing some paints lately so my body is ready

Looks like you need eating too many hot dogs. Do you like the UFC events for the Shoop Contests? Do you think they are good?

I’m hoping Ngannou or JDS gives us a good KO face.

In the mean time, have fun with this one, it’s a casting photo of me for a TV show. NDA signed so I can’t say which one.

57210EE2-5DD8-4E89-9638-1D6A138122E5.jpeg

As I said I will be making my return to the ISL this year

We have been waiting for so long for some "Shoop Event worthy" cards, and these are pretty good. Jones headlining an event always brings some good stuff. Cormier/Miocic, and Khabib/Porier should bring some good action... and hopefully funny faces. :D

I think this is really good:

Ngannou /dos Santos, and Jones/Santos for MsPaint
Cormier/Miocic, and Khabib/Porier for ISL

Yea mon for sure. And with Jones next, it could be a gold MsPaint contest.

What? We are just trying to find out if we all think these events are good. If you are asking when is the deadline for us to make up our mind on it, then I dunno.... a few days maybe? After we hear from more people we can make up our minds. Hell maybe I can even make a sign up thread for MsPaint this week end.

Brah you can place high or even win one of these things. But not with that attitude. :p

Looks like you need eating too many hot dogs. Do you like the UFC events for the Shoop Contests? Do you think they are good?

all clear from me man, good subject matter just as you said. big fighter personalities, plenty to work with

Here’s my ugly fuckin mug. Shoop on. Be as brutal as fucking possible...
EEA109A9-BD82-4DFD-A693-A90C1299AD06.jpeg

I’m a practicing atheist, so here’s me having fun at church...
98501494-F964-4CB0-B618-FF6782D85CEB.jpeg

Too many rules and conditions have taken the joy out of it.

It’s like Dana took over shoopsville.

Just let it happen naturally and enjoy it when it all comes together.

Attachments

• Draxton-head.png
    Draxton-head.png
    145.4 KB · Views: 182
  • Draxton-full-body.png
    Draxton-full-body.png
    337.6 KB · Views: 185
Back