What fights should Glory have on their next cards?

Kanka

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Since the next Glory cards aren't announced yet, I think we can have a discussion here about potential matchups.

First of all, they must put stars for the PPV. Pet will probably fight but is actually not a star. I could see Pereira fighting again. Possibly also Rico, but against who? Maybe Rico wants a break, Doumbe definitely will take one.

I definitely think they should move Raul Cătinaș to the Main Card, otherwise they lose the show!

Alex Pereira vs. somebody (for a belt)
van Soest vs. Meksen (maybe)
Pet vs. somebody
Cătinaș vs. somebody

They should put Badr Hari maybe. Of course, they can"t keep up, but the cards will have to be attractive.

First of all, they must put stars for the PPV. Pet will probably fight but is actually not a star. I could see Pereira fighting again. Possibly also Rico, but against who? Maybe Rico wants a break, Doumbe definitely will take one.

Alex Pereira vs. somebody (for a belt)
van Soest vs. Meksen (maybe)

They should put Badr Hari maybe. Of course, they can"t keep up, but the cards will have to be attractive.

The next card might be a little tough to stack unless the champs all want to keep fighting soon, but do another one with Badr to sell it could be enough maybe? They can build a decent card around that.

Not coming up with a lot of must have fights now, would probably do Pereira-Maslobojev unless they actually do that crazy Verhoeven-Pereira matchup.

But fighters to bring on: Hamicha, Menshikov...maybe Beztati, Jaraya.

Keep using Khbabez when he's ok to fight, he had a good showing vs Rigters. Give Vakhitov someone to beat up. Bring Cătinaș to see what he's got, even if he'd do poorly he'd be kinda sorta interesting for a one-off appearance.

Rico-JBS
Rico-Adegbuyi

Meksen is in ONE now. Not sure what you'd do with van Soest, I feel like almost any fights for her would be quite boring. Bring in Kielholtz if she's not in Bellator or Hasshass because people seem to like to watch her for reasons...

If this PPV model is covering costs then bring in Spong, Saki...

Last edited:
Bringing Saki and Spong could be interesting, even though Saki is old. But one will probably have to fight in the -95. Or not necessarly. A main event between them would do it. Or being involved in a tournament...

Saki also had an injury, but maybe they would look better than Gerges.

On the other hand, Glory should focus on building new faces if they want to go on with the PPV. They must expand the roster, or at least remove the bums.

Little inside info: Donovan Wisse will be fighting at Glory 78 as he is in preparation, I am assuming that it’ll be against Bokeme or whatsoever.
I believe Josh Jauncey And Luke Whelan will also be matched, not sure about Jauncey tho.
More info will soon be released I hope.

Featherweight - Kill the division and let Petch go to ONE.
Lightweight - Irrelevant division as ONE holds all the top guys.

Welterweight - Hamicha vs Menshikov would be good as both are undefeated in GLORY and are #2 and #3. Menshikov trains with Vakhitov so he's got high potential.
Doumbe vs Bates even though Doumbe kills him.

Middleweight - Wisse vs either Bokeme or Penaz.

Light Heavyweight - Maslobojev vs Machado would be another good one for Sergej.
Pereira vs Tavares. If Khbabez moves down he could fight Abena.

Heavyweight - Depends if they're brining new guys in but Plazibat vs Pacas sounds good to me, Rigters vs Wrzosek - Rigters doesn't need a top opponent again yet, let him build and improve.
Rico vs Benny while JBS recovers.

Bates could take again on Harut.

Wisse is simply another level, the only notable opponent for Wisse in this moment in Gory can be Belgaroui. The MW easily becomes "the shortest" division. Wisse cannot fight Bokeme, Bokeme already was destroyed by Jorge Loren in the Netherlands and beaten by Belgaroui. Yet again, Loren is a Spaniard and not Dutch. :) That Penaz was not fed yet with big names, besides Wisse who KOed him, he needs to take it easy. Bokeme or Almeida could be good for Penaz, to see where he stands.

And Plazibat is too good for the level of Pacas. Plazibat should fight somebody like Marshall, if not rematches with Mahiedinne/Wilnis especially. Pacas would be fine for Cătinaș.

Wrzosek is not so good. I think Rigters improves only by tough fights. He cannot drop the level now. Wrzosek is an opponent made for a newcomer. Wrzosek should fight Balli. Mahiedinne or Plazibat would be fine for Rigters, Wilnis vs. Rigters would be a "notable" fight.

Last edited:
Heavyweight- Rico vs Spong, Rico vs JBS, Rico vs Benny, Rico vs Wilnis

Light Heavyweight- Pereira vs Vakhitov 2, Pereira vs Tarik, Pereira vs Micheletti, Pereira vs Saki

Middleweight- Pereira vs Wisse, Pereira vs Bokeme

Welterweight- Doumbe vs Hamicha, Doumbe vs Menshikov

Lightweight- Beztati, Jauncey, Gashi, Jaraya 4 man tournament for the title

Featherweight- Zouggary, Van nostrand, Adamchuk, Ulianov 4 man tournament for a title shot against Petch

Vakhitov vs Pereira rematch. No way Pereira won that fight, Vakhitov controlled the fight all night. Tarik vs Ritger was the best fight of the night for me. Rico walked through Hesdy and fought a tired(and now injured) Khbabez, he should fight again in the next card for sure.

70kg is dead. I am not interested in it anymore.

Welterweight is interesting. Although I'm not a fan of Doumbe's style, he is drawing a crowd and doing what he's supposed to do. Groenhart looked terrible I'm afraid, and I'm a big fan of him too :(

In closing, Glory needs to churn out MORE cards AND ACTUALLY show the judges score cards after each round like they've promised us at the start and not let it dissappear after a horrendous judging in the Tavares vs Abenna fight. I was very close to writing a strongly worded 'Karen-like' email, because as a PPV buyer you don't want to see amateur job, these are high level athletes who put life on the line. They need judges who are FAIR and impartial!

OK rant over.

Also Vakhitov looked AMAZING!!! By far the most talented fighter on Glory has to offer( and possible the best Light Heavyweight kickboxer in the planet?!).

Vakhitov vs Pereira rematch. No way Pereira won that fight, Vakhitov controlled the fight all night. Tarik vs Ritger was the best fight of the night for me. Rico walked through Hesdy and fought a tired(and now injured) Khbabez, he should fight again in the next card for sure.

70kg is dead. I am not interested in it anymore.

Welterweight is interesting. Although I'm not a fan of Doumbe's style, he is drawing a crowd and doing what he's supposed to do. Groenhart looked terrible I'm afraid, and I'm a big fan of him too :(

In closing, Glory needs to churn out MORE cards AND ACTUALLY show the judges score cards after each round like they've promised us at the start and not let it dissappear after a horrendous judging in the Tavares vs Abenna fight. I was very close to writing a strongly worded 'Karen-like' email, because as a PPV buyer you don't want to see amateur job, these are high level athletes who put life on the linke. They need judges who are FAIR and impartial!

OK rant over.

Also Vakhitov looked AMAZING!!! By far the most talented fighter on Glory has to offer( and possible the best Light Heavyweight kickboxer in the planet?!).
I agree Vakhitov is one of the best kickboxers in the planet.
Glory sucks in my opinion. No depth and they don’t know how to create stars

Featherweight - Kill the division and let Petch go to ONE.
Lightweight - Irrelevant division as ONE holds all the top guys.

Welterweight - Hamicha vs Menshikov would be good as both are undefeated in GLORY and are #2 and #3. Menshikov trains with Vakhitov so he's got high potential.
Doumbe vs Bates even though Doumbe kills him.

Middleweight - Wisse vs either Bokeme or Penaz.

Light Heavyweight - Maslobojev vs Machado would be another good one for Sergej.
Pereira vs Tavares. If Khbabez moves down he could fight Abena.

Heavyweight - Depends if they're brining new guys in but Plazibat vs Pacas sounds good to me, Rigters vs Wrzosek - Rigters doesn't need a top opponent again yet, let him build and improve.
Rico vs Benny while JBS recovers.
I’d like Hamicha vs Menshikov then the winner can fight doumbe

I agree Vakhitov is one of the best kickboxers in the planet.

They're spending too much time trying to push Pereira, Doumbe, Badr and Rico.

Completely agree.

Back in the day they built stars, but now it's just the champs and few others. Every division is so shallow i barely pay any attention to Glory.

They've never fought, unless it's an amateur fight.
Yes, I was thinking about somebody, something else. Bokeme fought Jorge Loren and Belgaroui, Loren was Superkombat mainstay and Belgaroui was also there, but Bokeme lost by KO to Loren and like I said he also lost to Belgaroui. Wisse looks top of the division in Glory. I think he can only fight Belgaroui considering Pereira moved up. Bokeme also lost to El Gaoui, and El Gaoui from Enfusion was a bit under the level of Superkombat. He was stopped by "Boy Boy" Martin. Bokeme is not a bad fighter though, we shall see if he is a bit overrated or not. Bayrak is also pretty much untested.

Bokeme should fight Almeida, it is a fair fight for him, Almeida is former Superkombat champion and Bokeme basically is Enfusion mainstay in his division. Penaz comes from the regional circuits, has some wins over not so important opponents and lost by KO to Wisse. So Penaz could also step up if you mentioned him. Against even Bokeme or Almeida. Wondering if Jason Wilnis is still in Glory.

This division needs major reinforcements. My match-ups would be:

Wisse vs. Belgaroui (#1)
Almeida vs. Bokeme (#2)
Bayrak vs. Penaz (#3)

Belgaroui should settle with Wisse, because Wisse is talented but not sure he is tougher in the rematch.
And Bokeme must be tested, I think it would be a good test for both Bokeme and Almeida.
Penaz also must be tested at a lower level than Wisse as opponent. Bayrak the same, needs some testing.

Last edited:
Regardless of who anyone had winning, nobody "controlled" the fight and you could have either winning as it was so close.

To think either fighter controlled the fight is simply wrong.

I apologise for my wording. What I meant was that Vakhitov 'controlled' and executed/followed his game plan well.

I like watching ONE, but i don't like how they mix the MMA with the kickboxing & Muay Thai bouts in a single card. If they have frequent striking only cards then I'll surely watch with excitement.

Even though Glory is not what it use to be, I still get excited whenever they announce their next card. But they need to build more stars, strengthen some divisions with serious talent AND produce more cards as their fighter needs to be active, some haven't fought since WAY before Corona stopped everything.

I apologise for my wording. What I meant was that Vakhitov 'controlled' and executed/followed his game plan well.

It's all good!

I had Pereira winning but i even said in the thread that i thought Artem would get the decision. I couldn't be mad regardless of who won as they both fought a great fight.

As long as Artem's hand holds up ok i think he gets a win and then rematches.

And one last thing! What's the deal with open scoring? It's more like: ' we'll use open scoring until some judge f*#ks up and then we won't show the scorecards for the rest of the evening anymore.'

OK rant over. I'm starting to take a leaf out of Broadcast's book haha!

Back