What happened to Stuart Cooper ?

Not sure what turns you off about Roy Dean. His instructional videos are informative easy to. I ALWAYS recommend his Blue Belt Fundamentals to all newcomers to our academy. Contrast that with Bernardo Faria's instructionals. Good stuff but I want to stick an ice pick in my ears after listening to him for more than 1 min.

Roy's weirdness is nothing compared to some Brazilians I've been exposed to. Everything is "disrespectful". Look at the idiosyncrasies of Ryan Hall and compared to Danaher he's a gem.

Maybe there's a back story that I'm missing besides the Roy/Stuart drama?

Faria sounds like bert from sesame street. Brings me the nostalgia feels

Yeah. As I said I’m not a big fan. I don’t really like his kata jiu jitsu or his mentor Roy Harris, but the whole ordeal just kind of made me sad for him.

I generally don't trust BJJ guys named Roy.

It's a policy that's served me well.

Speaking broadly, I also don't trust would-be BJJ documentarians. When is Red Belts coming out again?

Last edited:
1) His girlfriend (?) at the time of the Ice bucket Challenge suggested that people should do the Ice Bucket challenge and give the money to Stu for his films, rather than to ALS research.

2) The whole thing with Roy Dean...some kinda girl drama....Roy talking about his interest in Pickup Artists....it was weird.

So creepy pick up and aikido masters are no match for roided out photographers.

aV7iOgc.png

0692f64e-94dc-4ea4-8c7b-f3281bc398ba

GOLD!!!!

the guy always reminded me of Ellens mimbo bf from seinfeld.

From what I heard through the grapevine, he moved to Thailand

he was always retarded, the spotlight just brought it out for everyone to see.

i liked his ADCC highlights though.

he was always retarded, the spotlight just brought it out for everyone to see.

i liked his ADCC highlights though.

I really like the Jezabels as a soundtrack.

Worked really well—though I wasn't the biggest fan of the 2015 one.
But the 2011 and 2013 highlights were great.

Crazy that fellas really lose money over chickenheads. Buncha suckas

Where is the seduction pua stuff Roy was doing?

Yeah. As I said I’m not a big fan. I don’t really like his kata jiu jitsu or his mentor Roy Harris, but the whole ordeal just kind of made me sad for him.

What’s wrong with Roy Dean.

I used to train at the same gym as Stuart. Never met him though. I think he is a BJJ instructor in South East Asia now.

Where is the seduction pua stuff Roy was doing?

What’s wrong with Roy Dean.
I can’t find it right now, but there was a post on the UG, I believe, it’s been years where he talks about PUA culture and how it works or something like that. It’s been years since I heard it. I don’t want to talk bad about the guy. Maybe he is a shy guy and needed an instruction manual on how to approach women.

Were you talking about Roy Harris on your second question?

Because I really have no problem with Roy Dean, I’m not a fan of his style of jiu jitsu is all. I’ve watched his videos I think they are creative. I don’t like his kata style.

Roy Harris had a huge falling out with some Gracie’s back in the day. I mean it was huge. He just seemed really arrogant to me. Sure he has all these black belts but I know some really high level black belts and no one acts like this guy. Like he some wise old guru. Come on man you’re just a black belt in jiu jitsu. It’s a big deal but it doesn’t make you some kind of guru.

How does one obtain such a manual? The PUA stuff all seems to be a scam.
I’m not saying it works as I have never looked into it, but maybe he thought he needed it, is what I mean.

I can’t find it right now, but there was a post on the UG, I believe, it’s been years where he talks about PUA culture and how it works or something like that. It’s been years since I heard it. I don’t want to talk bad about the guy. Maybe he is a shy guy and needed an instruction manual on how to approach women.

Were you talking about Roy Harris on your second question?

Because I really have no problem with Roy Dean, I’m not a fan of his style of jiu jitsu is all. I’ve watched his videos I think they are creative. I don’t like his kata style.

Roy Harris had a huge falling out with some Gracie’s back in the day. I mean it was huge. He just seemed really arrogant to me. Sure he has all these black belts but I know some really high level black belts and no one acts like this guy. Like he some wise old guru. Come on man you’re just a black belt in jiu jitsu. It’s a big deal but it doesn’t make you some kind of guru.
Yeah I meant Guro Roy Harris. The guy has black belts in several martial arts, mostly traditional Filipino arts. People who came up from traditional martial arts tend to behave that way, like Yoga Gurus. BJJ is different from most martial arts in that the instructors are very informal.

Yeah Roy fell out with the Gracies. But the Gracies are not exactly known for having the best relations, they have a history of falling out amongst themselves and also beefing with other martial artists. From Roy’s account things it seems like the Gracies just didn’t like him, it doesn’t look like he did anything particularly bad to warrant getting kicked out the academy.

Last edited:
I generally don't trust BJJ guys named Roy.

It's a policy that's served me well.

I'm the same way with basically anyone named Gary. I've known ONE decent Gary in almost 40 years.

Gary is usually married to Vicky. And EVERYONE knows she's a total bitch.

the guy always reminded me of Ellens mimbo bf from seinfeld.

How does one obtain such a manual? The PUA stuff all seems to be a scam.

Go read theredpill on Reddit. A bunch of babies crying about how to be more alpha

Yeah I meant Guro Roy Harris. The guy has black belts in several martial arts, mostly traditional Filipino arts. People who came up from traditional martial arts tend to behave that way, like Yoga Gurus. BJJ is different from most martial arts in that the instructors are very informal.

Yeah Roy fell out with the Gracies. But the Gracies are not exactly known for having the best relations, they have a history of falling out amongst themselves and also beefing with other martial artists. From Roy’s account things it seems like the Gracies just didn’t like him, it doesn’t look like he did anything particularly bad to warrant getting kicked out the academy.
I think you're right about something. Falling out with the Gracies is not necessarily a bad thing. More than likely, it makes you a good person.

Back