Television Marvel's WHAT IF...? (Chadwick Boseman Wins Posthumous Emmy)

How would you rate Episode 9 - "What If... the Watcher Broke His Oath?"

• Total voters
Yeah, definitely...

What if, dc made great comic book movies.
Batman Begins, Dark Knight, Wonder Woman, and hopefully Shazam (looks amazing). They started off stronger than Marvel but we know we happened since then. Marvel has done a great job with marketing their characters and have made a few good movies. I want DC to succeed because I prefer variety and the marvel films are alllll very similar in their formula.

Infinity War is probably the best comic movie made, so in no way am I anti-marvel. I just like DC because it offers another twist to the genre, albeit they’ve had their misfires. However, they offer more variety (the new joker movie coming up, watchmen) and they seem more willing to take chances even if it means falling flat on their ass.

Marvel Studios Reportedly Developing WHAT IF Animated Anthology Series for Disney+

bs94Hpy.jpg

/Film has exclusively learned that Marvel Studios will be producing a new television series for the Disney+ streaming service based on the popular What If comic book series. The new animated show will be overseen by Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios, but the stories will not be canon in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Like the comics, this animated anthology series will provide stories that explore how the Marvel Cinematic Universe might have unfolded if key moments in its history had not occurred as they did in recognized canon. For example, one of the episodes will adapt What If? Vol.1 #47, which explored the idea of “What if Loki had found the hammer of Thor?”

The idea is that they could potentially have some of the main actors from the live-action Marvel Cinematic Universe movies reprise their roles in the animated series, which would imagine alternate possibilities from another dimension. The time commitment for voice acting is a whole lot less than for live-action productions, which could accommodate some of the biggest Marvel talent. The series would function as an anthology, just like the comic book series, with each episode tackling a different premise.

/Film has confirmed the information above with three separate sources. Currently, it’s unclear if they will use any other storylines from the comics for inspiration other than the one mentioned above. It’s possible that many of the scenarios will be entirely new, and we know that they will be based on what we have seen in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and not the comic canon.

The What If comic book series launched in February 1977 and has continued in runs off and on since then, accumulating almost 200 issues in its 9 volume run. Some of the concepts were interesting ways to tell literally impossible stories (like, What if the X-Men died on their first mission?), some were fan service to solve great nerd arguments (like “what if Venom possessed The Punisher?”), and others were just so insanely weird and ridiculous (like “what if Iron Man was trapped in the time of King Arthur?”).

https://www.slashfilm.com/what-if-tv-series-coming-to-disney-plus/
I loved the What if series. Awesome one shot stories.

My favorites were What If The Hulk Went Berserk?
493732._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

and What If Wolverine Had Killed the Hulk?
latest

I owned both of these and many more What If comics back in the day.

Wish I kept my collection now instead of giving it to my bro for his kids, whose wife then gave them away.

:mad:

Batman Begins, Dark Knight, Wonder Woman, and hopefully Shazam (looks amazing). They started off stronger than Marvel but we know we happened since then. Marvel has done a great job with marketing their characters and have made a few good movies. I want DC to succeed because I prefer variety and the marvel films are alllll very similar in their formula.

Infinity War is probably the best comic movie made, so in no way am I anti-marvel. I just like DC because it offers another twist to the genre, albeit they’ve had their misfires. However, they offer more variety (the new joker movie coming up, watchmen) and they seem more willing to take chances even if it means falling flat on their ass.
agree,i was just making a joke at the expense of the thread title.

I owned both of these and many more What If comics back in the day.

Wish I kept my collection now instead of giving it to my bro for his kids, whose wife then gave them away.

:mad:
Is she...is she dead?

The Loki one is that where Asgard takes over Midgard, and Thor has a son called Magni? I think that can be intredasted.

It will be like Logan is to Wolvy for Thor

God let this get off the ground with qualtiy animation please

Is she...is she dead?
Nooooo. Unfortunately.

And i am old so I had a lot of classic issues. I had every single issue of Hulk (my favorite) up to about 325. Xmen was my second favorite so I had almost all the original Xmen comics right up to that same point. I had I think all of the Ghost Rider run. Lots of Avengers and Alpha Flight. and lots of random comics. I also had many of the Mad Magazine and Cracked Magazine special issues.

All packaged up in comic plastic sleeves and nicely boxed. And now they are gone.

Nooooo. Unfortunately.

And i am old so I had a lot of classic issues. I had every single issue of Hulk (my favorite) up to about 325. Xmen was my second favorite so I had almost all the original Xmen comics right up to that same point. I had I think all of the Ghost Rider run. Lots of Avengers and Alpha Flight. and lots of random comics. I also had many of the Mad Magazine and Cracked Magazine special issues.

All packaged up in comic plastic sleeves and nicely boxed. And now they are gone.
Justifiable homicide IMO.

My favorites were What If The Hulk Went Berserk?
493732._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

and What If Wolverine Had Killed the Hulk?
latest

I liked What if...Spider-Man accepted the black symbiote?

Don’t remember if that’s the exact title.

I really hope they make it violent and show blood and death scenes just like his DC is doing it with Young Justice Season 3

Disney+ looks like a must buy service for me. If it ever comes to my 3rd world south east European country, that is. "But honey, it's for the kids"

He'd wake up and apologise to Hulk for dreaming that.
Serious question. If Hulk can get scratched, and have his tooth punched out, why couldn't the Wolverine stick his claws further in, and reach the heart/brain? Adamantium is one of the strongest metals on Earth, right?
Now, don't get me wrong, I am not saying Woverine beats him 10/10, but 2/10 seems realistic. He is a trained fighter/black ops/healing mutant, while Hulk is a (mostly) mindless smashing machine.

This could be good. It would be dope if they really switched up the animation styles between episodes.

Back