Television Marvel's WHAT IF...? (Chadwick Boseman Wins Posthumous Emmy)

How would you rate Episode 9 - "What If... the Watcher Broke His Oath?"

• Total voters
Serious question. If Hulk can get scratched, and have his tooth punched out, why couldn't the Wolverine stick his claws further in, and reach the heart/brain? Adamantium is one of the strongest metals on Earth, right?
Now, don't get me wrong, I am not saying Woverine beats him 10/10, but 2/10 seems realistic. He is a trained fighter/black ops/healing mutant, while Hulk is a (mostly) mindless smashing machine.

Hulk heals incredibly fast. Even quicker than Wolverine, who noted during one fight that until then he didn't even realise he'd managed to cut hulk in previous bouts because the wounds closed so quickly. Logan likened it to cutting water; as soon as you withdraw the blade, the water rushes back in and there is no sign of any damage.

bs94Hpy.jpg

I'm sure kindly ole Professor X would not erase everyone's mind in regards to the other team and send the back-ups to finish the mission. Wonder how many of the other What If? have already been done in main Marvel series. Spider-Man took Johnny's spot in the Fantastic Four when the Future Foundation started.

and What If Wolverine Had Killed the Hulk?
latest

This is another, happened in Old Man Logan.

Looking down the list...

- What if the Hulk had the brain of Bruce Banner?
- What if someone else besides Spider-Man had been bitten by the radioactive spider? (Done SO many times)
- What if the world knew Daredevil was blind? (Kinda since he has been outed)
- What if Jane Foster had found the hammer of Thor?
- What if Rick Jones had become the Hulk? (Has become a Hulk)
- What if the Ghost Rider, Spider-Woman and Captain Marvel were villains? (This month in Avengers, Secret Invasion and Annihilation Conquest)
- What if Doctor Doom had become a hero? (Infamous Iron Man)
- What if Spider-Man's clone had lived?
- What if the Thing and the Beast continued to mutate? (Kitty Beast)
- What if Loki had found the hammer of Thor? (Axis)
- What if Wolverine was an agent of SHIELD? (House of M, kinda)
- What if Captain Marvel had not died? (Annihilation Conquest)
- What if Phoenix rose again?
- What if Conan the Barbarian walked the earth today? (Is happening this month!)

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not saying Woverine beats him 10/10, but 2/10 seems realistic. He is a trained fighter/black ops/healing mutant, while Hulk is a (mostly) mindless smashing machine.

Not at the moment he's not, in fact, not for years.

Serious question. If Hulk can get scratched, and have his tooth punched out, why couldn't the Wolverine stick his claws further in, and reach the heart/brain? Adamantium is one of the strongest metals on Earth, right?
the only way that could make any sense would be if you gave Adamantium some magical type property to damage Hulk.

If it was simply that its sharp and strong then Hulk would be easily killable by the military. Just drop bombs full of sharp projectiles and have them explode and send them at him at supersonic speed. Or more simply shoot him with bullets.

Love Wolverine but he would be the last hero able to damage Hulk. Hulk should be able to nap while Wolvy does his worst.

The TV version of Hulk however would have been vulnerable to Wolverine.

He was not not near invulnerable.

lou-the-hulk.jpg

One of my favorite comic titles of all time.

Will watch obsessively.
e98a29f0f6ac8066d7bd786dc40c2858--marvel-avengers-marvel-comics.jpg

Sounds like a fun idea, get the next generation of kids into marvel too

Update: April 11, 2019

First Episode for WHAT IF Will Be What If Peggy Carter Received the Super-Soldier Serum

During Disney’s presentation to Wall Street analysts on Thursday, Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige introduced What If, based on a past Marvel Comics series that featured out-of-continuity stories with unusual team-ups or alternate versions of previous tales. He said the first episode would follow the Captain America origin story, but with Peggy Carter (played by Hayley Atwell in the MCU films and on ABC's Agent Carter) receiving the super-soldier serum and Steve Rogers remaining a scrawny kid.

fW407vo.jpg

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/marvels-what-frozen-2-docuseries-set-disney-1201425

Disney really working hard to steal my hard earned cash.

Is Hayley Atwell coming back? Is Dominic Cooper?

Marvel Studios Reportedly Developing WHAT IF Animated Anthology Series for Disney+

bs94Hpy.jpg

/Film has exclusively learned that Marvel Studios will be producing a new television series for the Disney+ streaming service based on the popular What If comic book series. The new animated show will be overseen by Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios, but the stories will not be canon in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Like the comics, this animated anthology series will provide stories that explore how the Marvel Cinematic Universe might have unfolded if key moments in its history had not occurred as they did in recognized canon. For example, one of the episodes will adapt What If? Vol.1 #47, which explored the idea of “What if Loki had found the hammer of Thor?”

The idea is that they could potentially have some of the main actors from the live-action Marvel Cinematic Universe movies reprise their roles in the animated series, which would imagine alternate possibilities from another dimension. The time commitment for voice acting is a whole lot less than for live-action productions, which could accommodate some of the biggest Marvel talent. The series would function as an anthology, just like the comic book series, with each episode tackling a different premise.

/Film has confirmed the information above with three separate sources. Currently, it’s unclear if they will use any other storylines from the comics for inspiration other than the one mentioned above. It’s possible that many of the scenarios will be entirely new, and we know that they will be based on what we have seen in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and not the comic canon.

The What If comic book series launched in February 1977 and has continued in runs off and on since then, accumulating almost 200 issues in its 9 volume run. Some of the concepts were interesting ways to tell literally impossible stories (like, What if the X-Men died on their first mission?), some were fan service to solve great nerd arguments (like “what if Venom possessed The Punisher?”), and others were just so insanely weird and ridiculous (like “what if Iron Man was trapped in the time of King Arthur?”).

https://www.slashfilm.com/what-if-tv-series-coming-to-disney-plus/
Man I used to love those books, I must dig my comics out at some point and go through them, still have a bunch of What If's somewhere

First Episode for WHAT IF Will Be What If Peggy Carter Received the Super-Soldier Serum

During Disney’s presentation to Wall Street analysts on Thursday, Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige introduced What If, based on a past Marvel Comics series that featured out-of-continuity stories with unusual team-ups or alternate versions of previous tales. He said the first episode would follow the Captain America origin story, but with Peggy Carter (played by Hayley Atwell in the MCU films and on ABC's Agent Carter) receiving the super-soldier serum and Steve Rogers remaining a scrawny kid.

fW407vo.jpg

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/marvels-what-frozen-2-docuseries-set-disney-1201425

Fuck. I'm in for this too lol

fW407vo.jpg

Boobs need to be bigger.

Much bigger.

First time in history, comic art boobs smaller than the real life action character boobs.

And don't get me wrong here as Haley Atwell is super sexy with the comfortable extra weight she carries. She has that classic sexy Marilyn Monroe build.

However if Hailey gets really serious for this role and decides to whip herself into the type of shape that would do Cap justice, I think she will achieve a form that could make ScarJo blush.

I look forward to her journey and its documented pictorial evidence.

However if Hailey gets really serious for this role and decides to whip herself into the type of shape that would do Cap justice, I think she will achieve a form that could make ScarJo blush.
What If is an animated series, not live-action. But an in-shaped Atwell would be a thing to see indeed.

But Marvel sucks at animation.

Jeffrey Wright needs to be cast in a live action MCU movie as a recurring character ASAP.

Back