What if...

BowserJr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Ngannou fought Ubereem instead of Econoreem?

Same outcome?

I think not. Reem got out muscled in the clinch. Ubreem out muscled Brock. I think Uberknees would've found Ngannou's mid section

Ngannou fought Ubereem instead of Econoreem?

Same outcome?

I think not. Reem got out muscled in the clinch. Ubreem out muscled Brock. I think Uberknees would've found Ngannou's mid section

That KO in particular wasn't a brute strength KO. Muscle and power had very little to do with it other than how brutal it looked.

If you go rewatch the KO Nganou reads the feint, then Reems lead left, and he counters fast and clean. Strength had nothing to do with it. Any capable striker lands that punch Overeem goes to sleep.

It would have been more compelling I guess. I don’t think Ubereem would have been as tentative and wouldn’t have been pushed around. However, Ngannou is just an animal and it could have turned out just as bad

Ubereem, even being uber, would still have to fight a very tactical, almost Econoreem style of fight to beat Franc. If we presume that he would, then yes he has the tools and I’d favor him. But I’m not sure that he would given the fact that he ended up swangin n bangin with Franc in the fight they did actually have

That KO in particular wasn't a brute strength KO. Muscle and power had very little to do with it other than how brutal it looked.

If you go rewatch the KO Nganou reads the feint, then Reems lead left, and he counters fast and clean. Strength had nothing to do with it. Any capable striker lands that punch Overeem goes to sleep.
Did you read my post? Reem clinched him early on

Did you read my post? Reem clinched him early on

I addressed the part that was knowable.

To address the hypothetical, does Ubereem pushing around a diverticulitus ravaged Brock mean he would out muscle Ngannou, probably not, but maybe. It almost certianly wouldn't have been a large strength advantage. Would landing knees to the midsection have guaranteed a stoppage? Almost certainly not. Uberrem was putting away jobbers in seconds, but he wasn't stopping top tier competition besides Brock who had not looked good since coming back from his surgery. Werdum went the distance with Ubereem almost entirely on the feet.

Nganou likely would have survived the clinch slightly worse off than he did in this fight, and he still would have landed that widowmaker.

Ubereem would honestly destroy Francis. It would not be competitive.
Agreed. As good as Ubereem was, he was a glass cannon. Say what you will about Ngannou, but he's proven to be durable for the division, and I think his hands are much faster than Reem's ever were.

Back