What Is The Best Pride Soccer Kick In Your Eyes?

I almost don’t like watching these anymore. Not because of the violence but because It ruins the experience of watching high level mma when you can’t use knees and kicks on a downed opponent.
You don’t even know who the best fighter is sometimes.

shit Anthony Smiths use of the fetal position was a viable form of defense in today’s mma.

I almost don’t like watching these anymore. Not because of the violence but because It ruins the experience of watching high level mma when you can’t use knees and kicks on a downed opponent.
You don’t even know who the best fighter is sometimes.

shit Anthony Smiths use of the fetal position was a viable form of defense in today’s mma.
It's frustrating. On one hand I get it, the optics and perhaps the added potential for injury, on the other not allowing kicks to a downed opponent cheapens the experience, as you said. It's awkward watching someone not be able to use the best strike for the situation, being forced to stand over the person and punch

Again...not Pride...but Igor going for a Kill here...

Ninja hit a nasty one on matsui,and matsui moved his head out of the ring,which usually gets you a yellow card,but was really where the ref should have just called the fight. But he didnt. Ninja looked at the ref "Are you serious?" so angrily he goes over and stomps on matsuis head two more times and the ref runs and stops it.

I think I watched this one... good old rules... But I didn't know the name of the opponent, thanks for reminding me.
Its Aldison Lima...

He fought Igor 2x that night...
The first fight is the one i posted...
The Gracies complained about Igor and his soccer kicks and they rematched later that night...

"Lima's team disputed referee's neglection of excessive soccer kicks to the head of the downed opponent, governing body representative ruled to hold rematch after a brief medical break."

Gracies couldnt take a loss...

Wand vs Saku 1 had the most brutal soccer kicks imo.

tumblr_ou28kbCugR1qd4esao1_400.gifv

Lol was that Pulver? I dont remember that fight.

1 soccer kick
nonethelss great fight (brazil vs Saku (remwmber saku focked up roughly all the gracies before)

That is an edited video of the fight. The full fight is much more brutal. Silva lands a clean 4 to 5 soccer kicks. You gotta remember that this event was the first to allow soccer kicks and knees to a downed fighter and changed Pride fights forever.

Found the full fight. For those that haven't seen, enjoy prime Wanderlei!

Last edited:
That is an edited video of the fight. The full fight is much more brutal. Silva lands a clean 4 to 5 soccer kicks. You gotta remember that this event was the first to allow soccer kicks and knees to a downed fighter and changed Pride fights forever.

Found the full fight. For those that haven't seen, enjoy prime Wanderlei!

wow, it was so brutal!

wow, it was so brutal!
It really was. The amount of damage Saku took in 60 seconds is just crazy. And Silva was in top form back then with rules that heavily favored his skill set. What a beast.

Back