What is the single most powerful strike

That's my point, that's not power. Using your hand to judge is like using your face, you'd feel the pain of the strike and therefore it's not a completely accurate way to judge power. Using pads and judging the force behind both strikes is a completely accurate way to judge them, sorry if you disagree but it's just facts.

Roundhouse have more speed and it's using larger area on hit, that's why it "splash" on pads more than a knee. Because It's speed, with roundhouse it's also easier to hit flush a "mobile" targets such as hands even if opponent moving out of the way of kick.
Now knee have less speed but it doesn't lose force as soon as it contact with target, therefore it's more "penetrative", and it's power really shines when you hit less mobile and less movable parts of the body, such as chest etc.

I talk however about knee to the midsection, not the flying one on head-kick height. Something like here from 3:35, I think it could be even more devastating than roundhouse kick to downed opponent aka soccer kick

When I played soccer with my friends some time ago (3 people), the goalkeeper who had 10 goals scored, was getting his butt kicked with full force as punishment (literally), so we had occasions to test out every kind of kick. And running knee was more terryfing to get hit than running roundhouse. Yeah butt is actually pretty resistant and good for such tests xD

Stepping side kicks/front kicks/spinning kicks were mostly pushing us around (but I must note that we were nowhere near level of Scott Adkins when it comes to side kick and nowhere near Rogan as for spinning kick). Roundhouse was really unpleasant, but with knee we were really concerned about breaking something as it REALLY hurts...

Le Banner's left cross straight against Filho.

There are guys who can soccer kick a ball and launch it at 90mph.

I doubt any other strike can do better. Therefore soccer kick is the hardest strike.

No punch is more effective and painful than a low kick
I mean, a punch that immediately results in a knock out can be argued as more effective. There is nuance to this, nothing is concrete.

It's a lot better indication of power than anything observable in fighting

I mean it's a ball, it's designed to be hit a certain way in order to move a certain way. No, I don't think a kick from a soccer player would hurt more than a kick from a Thai fighter, lol.

JBKE5RN.gif

It's a loaded question. The devil's are in the details and fighter dependent and awareness of the technique play a big roll. To many factors to say for certain. You have to be able to set up a strike which is an art itself to make it land. There's a lot of assumptions that have to be made and for this reason. I am out.

The Do Mawashi or as it’s called in the west “rolling thunder” is my pick for the single most devastating strike. High risk high reward, incredibly difficult to land or even attempt for that matter. Overall the Thai round kick beats it out though, very powerful in it’s own right and is far more reliable and accurate.

"welcome to video editor, please chose editing effect"
"You have chosen seizure inducing flash effect"
"Please chose frequency of effect"
"you have chosen constantly"

I made this thread in the UFC discussion. And just wanted the strikers take on what the most powerful single strike in combat sports. We’re not talking a heavyweight punch vs a MW punch. Im talking which technique.

my vote was for the flying knee, and some guys said the wheel kick and spinning back kick. Some guys said soccer kicks.

Heres my hierarchy

flying/jumping knee
Wheel kick
Spinning back kick
Spinning elbow are also vicious
Soccer kick, (reason its not as strong to me is because the guy is standing stationary and doing get a running start as an actual soccer kick)
I think it depends on the target. A looser target like the chin will require a high velocity non bludgeonning strike, like a soccer kick.
A ribcage requires less velocity more bludgeonning, like a knee or a spinning back kick.

If you have held pads you would know it's the roundhouse. Some strikes might be better for knocking someone out. But it depends on the build of the person who throws the strike as well.
Disagree on the roundhouse. It is an high percentage, go to kick, but I doubt that it's as damaging on the ribcage as an unblocked, sliding side kick or spinning back kick using the heel.

I can't speak beyond my own experience in friendly sparring. But in that case I'd much rather take a roundhouse to the body than a well placed flat floot kick to the front of the body or a round kick to the thigh.

But frankly the most brutal strike I think would probably be an elbow to the face.

Disagree on the roundhouse. It is an high percentage, go to kick, but I doubt that it's as damaging on the ribcage as an unblocked, sliding side kick or spinning back kick using the heel.
The thread was about most power, not most damaging. I believe anything to the back of the head would be the most damaging.

Back