What is your edc and home defense weapon?

carry is G27 and/or S&W 442.
HD is G17.

Last edited:
used to be a kahr cw9, which i'm now trying to sell

now its the ubiquitous g19

i also carry a handheld light (more important than most think) and in the place of a proper knife i often carry my small multitool.

its pretty amazing how many people ask me (most don't know i carry a pistol) why i carry a flashlight and multitool, while they're handing it back to me after use.

i have several rifles and two shotguns in the apartment, but must are left unloaded, strictly fun guns, though i've had actual serious training with the ar and the guage.

due to the ballistics and all, i've come to find the AR the best for home defense, though i don't have a light for it. quality shit that wont break is expensive and all my spare money goes to ammo and classes, cause they're so damn fun.

EDC: M&P Shield in 9mm

Home Defense: While I have a couple of guns within reach if something happened I'd probably just grab my Magnum Research 1911. Accurate, reliable, and a lot easier to manuever around a house.

EDC: Teh jab

Home Defense: LHK

EDC: Sig P365
Home Defense: Mossberg 500 Persuader, CZ P10c

EDC: Ruger LCR

Home Defense: Saiga 12

KT .32 for EDC (Fiocchi 73gr FMJ), M&P 2.0 Compact 9mm (Federal Personal Defense Punch 124gr) on the nightstand when I go to bed.
Well I also have an M4 clone (M193) and Mossberg 500 12 gauge (00 buckshot) but those are kinda stashed away unless I'm going to the range.

EDC: P365 or lcp2 when I need something extra light

HD: nightstand, xdm elite…suppressor, red dot, surefire
HD: bedroom closet, SBR…suppressor and all the other goodies

EDC: P365 or lcp2 when I need something extra light

HD: nightstand, xdm elite…suppressor, red dot, surefire
HD: bedroom closet, SBR…suppressor and all the other goodies
Is your XDM just sitting in the nightstand or were you able to find a nightstand safe that will fit that long of a gun? I have a young kid so safe storage is mandatory in my house, and have never seen a speed safe that would hold a pistol+suppressor.

Sick sounding set up tho, post some pics!

Is your XDM just sitting in the nightstand or were you able to find a nightstand safe that will fit that long of a gun? I have a young kid so safe storage is mandatory in my house, and have never seen a speed safe that would hold a pistol+suppressor.

Sick sounding set up tho, post some pics!
No kids in the house anymore….so it sits in top drawer of my nightstand. Good luck finding a bedside safe that will hold that.
Will get around to posting some pics. I just relocated 700+ miles…so all of my gun things aren’t completely organized. Sold my old amsec safe….too much to move it. Waiting for my liberty safe to be completed. They had to make it so hopefully a couple more weeks.

EDC: Live in California....nearly impossible to get CCW - If I get it it will be my M&P Shield in 9mm (or pick something else up if the handgun roster changes)

HD: Glock 17 or Mossberg 500 HD setup, depending on if it sounds like someone is just snooping around downstairs vs someone busting my door down with ill intent.

Last edited:
Even worse news for California carry....SB2 - Basically making every public place illegal to carry a weapon. CA decided they can't fight the supreme court rulings on people getting a CCW. So they are starting to hand out CCWs but the state is going to make it a felony if you basically carry it in 99% of the state, essentially making your CCW useless :( - Not even worth going through the time and money ($160 permit, $40 background, $200 required safety course, $60 range qualification) it will take to get it at this point :(

Even worse news for California carry....SB2 - Basically making every public place illegal to carry a weapon. CA decided they can't fight the supreme court rulings on people getting a CCW. So they are starting to hand out CCWs but the state is going to make it a felony if you basically carry it in 99% of the state, essentially making your CCW useless :( - Not even worth going through the time and money ($160 permit, $40 background, $200 required safety course, $60 range qualification) it will take to get it at this point :(
Sucks for cali residents.
The good news is Florida and SC are going to pass constitutional carry in the next few months.

I have a short sword at home. That's what I'm picking up if something goes bump in the night.

EDC - Arex Delta M Gen 2 (Use a Fanny Pack to Off Body Carry) I have three magazines with 115 Grain JHP Rounds (Herters/Winchester)

Home: Right now another Handgun, A Taurus PT92 with two 17 round magazines with Hornday Critical Defense Ammo.

I bring both to the range to practice my Gun Handling and Training.

Back