What is your favorite Guns n Roses studio album?

What is your favorite Guns n Roses studio album?

• Appetite for Destruction (1987)

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • Lies (1988)

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Use Your Illusion I (1991)

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Use Your Illusion II (1991)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "The Spaghetti Incident?" (1993)

• Chinese Democracy (2008)

• Total voters

Philo-Publius

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
GunsnRosesAppetiteforDestructionalbumcover.jpg

GNR_GNRLies_Original.jpg

GnR--UseYourIllusion1.jpg

GunsnRosesUseYourIllusionII.jpg

Guns_n%27_Roses%3B_Spaghetti_Incident%3F_cover.jpg

GNRchinesedemocracy.jpg

Last edited:
I've only owned a 2-Disc live album and a Greatest Hits album, so I'm not attached to any particular album they've released or even know which of their best songs are from which album.

So, I'm abstaining.

Got to go with appetite, although lies is a good one as well.

Got to be Chinese Democracy. It's clearly GnR's masterpiece. All the others are subpar Motley Crue demos.

Got to be Chinese Democracy. It's clearly GnR's masterpiece. All the others are subpar Motley Crue demos.
Added it for good measure. I think it gets way more flak than it deserves though. On the flip side, I have always felt Lies was overrated.

6. The Spaghetti Incident
5. Lies
4. Chinese Democracy
3. Use Your Illusion 2
2. Use Your Illusion 1
1. Appetite

Of course I've never actually listened to Chinese Democracy.

I knew everybody was going to go with Appetite, so I changed my vote to Lies, still both albums kick ass. That album art sucks, could TS update with the original one?

My overall favorite song being One in a Million, last track of Lies, other good songs in no particular ordfer: Nice Boys, Reckless Life, Move to the City, You're Crazy, Used to love her..
Don't want to sound indie but Patience don't actually make to the top 5 from that record, still a good one as well, classic.

Also, never listened to any album after Use your illusion, that Since I don't have you makes me angrepressed.

Appetite. A straight adrenaline shot in eighties rock 'n roll.

Chinese Democracy is criminally underrated.

Appetite, easily. Lies is pretty nice, too. I could take or leave the rest.

Appetite is one of the greatest albums of all time.

Because this thread is about studio albums. You made the same mistake in the nirvana thread ya weirdo.
Ha! I made no mistakes. Feel free to factor in only the part of "Lies" that was recorded in a studio and exclude the portion that was "live."

It's gotta be Appetitie For Destruction. Some of their most iconic singles and some of Slash's best Guitar Riffs. It was that album that made me an instant fan. :cool:

I grew up next to bogans, Appetite For Destruction was played loud on repeat for years.

Back