What knife did you carry today?

im trying to get a sog seal xr but I still haven't figured out if it is legal in L.A county.

I just read up on it online & you're right, the laws for both California & LA County are pretty confusing. But I did find this bit of info written by an attorney in Los Angeles:
It is absolutely LEGAL to carry a folding knife with a blade 4.78" CONCEALED in Los Angeles. The way the penal code generally works is, it explains and describes what is ILLEGAL, but rarely bothers to explain or describe what is LEGAL. As a result, if the penal code does not specifically state that something is ILLEGAL then it is LEGAL. And there is nothing in either California state law, Los Angeles Municipal law, or Los Angeles county law that says it is ILLEGAL to carry a manual folding knife of any blade length in a concealed manner (as long as it isn't carried with the blade in the open position, that IS illegal).

Me? I go ahead & get it if I were you. Especially since the blade is only 3.9" & it'd not spring-loaded. It's a beautiful knife.

20200812_164447_resize_11.jpg I actually just got my spyderco persistence even though it is one of their cheapest knives it is built excellent and has a great edge out the box actually lighter than my crkt squid.my new edc. the handle g10 material is also great wish my squid had that as a handle.

Reactions: Kb7
Ontario Rat 1
i'm actually waiting on my rat 2 from amazon I needed a light knife for EDC it weight a lot less than my spyderco persistence and even the crkt squid.
ON8860SP_1.jpg

I like how lightweight that knife is.
It's been great so far and I abuse the hell out of it.
I used their free lifetime service and sharpening for the first time a month ago...cost me $3 to ship it to them. They ship it back for free. The knife was like new again.

just got my Ontario rat 2 in the mail feels like a quality knife seems to have the same craftsmanship as my spyderco but it is slimmer and lighter for EDC.will be even lighter when I take the belt clip off. would be cool if they made one of these that could be "spidey flicked" with a finger hole. it is a 3" blade in a compact handle.I like it seems reliable.

UPDATE:turns out it is possible to spidey flick this knife probably less safer than doing it on a spyderco though.

20200822_132345_resize_24.jpg 20200822_132321_resize_56.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 790638 I actually just got my spyderco persistence even though it is one of their cheapest knives it is built excellent and has a great edge out the box actually lighter than my crkt squid.my new edc. the handle g10 material is also great wish my squid had that as a handle.
I use to own a Tenacious the G10 is amazing for its price and quality specially for a Chinese made knife its not comparable, only the Rat1 is closest imo for the price range, my only problem is like with everything, time and wear does a number, the handles smooth out where grip becomes a factor. I own a Yojimbo and Paramitary 2 in G10, feels a lot more grippy even after 4-5 years of wear.

I’m still disappointed I lost my Benchmade Griptilian on NYE as I was looking towards the value from wear and tear compared to Spydercos, alcohol got me.

Back