what? mma in space?

arathans

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
"It may sound like a questionable plot pitch for a sci-fi flick, but MMA pioneer John Lewis says “MMA-Zero G: Galactic Combat” is a very real concept.

Space 11 officials, who describe their organization as “a company specifically dedicated to servicing film and TV projects in outer space,” recently announced their intentions to produce a reality competition series that will “follow fighters through a 12-month competition for the opportunity to be the first combatants to fight beyond Earth’s atmosphere.”

Lewis knows it might seem a bit crazy, but it’s a concept he said is very much going to come to fruition.

“It’s crazy, and it’s amazing, and it’s really cool,” Lewis told MMA Junkie.

In MMA circles, Lewis is known for a history that dates back to the early days of the sport. An Andre Pederneiras black belt, Lewis debuted in the UFC in 1999 after already boasting clashes with the likes of Rumina Sato, Kenny Monday and Carlson Gracie Jr. His influence in the sport rose when he opened the legendary Academy J-Sect in Las Vegas, where he introduced UFC president Dana White, along with former owners Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta, to Brazilian jiu-jitsu and mixed martial arts.

However, in recent years, Lewis has been involved in television and film production, and he said bringing his two careers together in one concept became a very intriguing possibility following a meeting with Space 11 founder Andrea Iervolino.

“We met together, and we started talking about it, and it was just perfect,” Lewis said. “I was already working in the space sector with some other films that I’m doing through Wonderfilm media, and also, at the same time, my history.

“When we first met, (Iervolino) didn’t even know that part about my MMA history. It was more about the space side of things I was working on. So when that happened, it was just like, ‘Oh my God, this is so perfect.'”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/05/mma-fights-in-space-zero-gravity-galactic-combat-john-lewis

Saw this awhile ago.

I'll pass jus like all the other MMA variant freak fringes.

Back