What music do white kids listen to nowadays?

I doubt it,but I honestly dont pay attention to what is popular these days at ALL.
Me neither, but I'm not that old and remember kids in school listening to rock, never heard of anyone listening to country our age lmao

Me neither, but I'm not that old and remember kids in school listening to rock, never heard of anyone listening to country our age lmao
Yeah aint no one in NYC listenin to that crap

Yeah aint no one in NYC listenin to that crap

NYC is one small part of the nation. There are entire states where country music is the most popular genre, from Utah to Virginia.

No good rock or metal now

Not sure I agree with that. I bet there'll be bands out there creating whichever style of rock/metal you like, but it might be that it's just not as visible these days.

I still get pleasantly surprised on occasions, but I'm dependant on my friends that are more dedicated or 'active' metalheads to make those recommendations.

It's sad to think there are a lot of people out there who think that the rock and metal industry is dead. It isn't and there a lot of really amazing bands making killer music. King Buffalo being one of them. Their album Dead Star from last year is amazing

I'm intrigued. Will listen.

Yea I kinda remember it being more popular than rap at that point, but then once eminem came onto the scene, rap became the dominant genre among young ppl by the early to mid 2000s
We should distinguish Rap and R & B.

Because Rap as we know it hasn’t been that popular since the early and mid 90’s with 2 PAC and Notorious BIG. Gangsta Rap was big with those two and after that artists like 50 Cent kept it going but it grew smaller and smaller as we reached the new millennium.

The 2000’s were dominated by artists like Chris Brown, Jason Derulo, Akon, Pitbull, and Flo Rida. These are all R & B artists, yes the rhyme but so do folk artists and they’re not Rap.

With the rise of streaming services and file sharing, Rap is gaining a resurgence as the Trap scene gets bigger.

There’s a few outliers of course most notable would be Kanye and Nikki Minaj who have pop hits but also still have deep ties to the Rap scene.

Country that’s not “Bro Country” is definitely more popular than rock. Florida Georgia Line, and Old Town Road were incredibly popular recently. Rock music hasn’t been popular since the last big emo bands left.

I’ll take my flak and just come out and say MCR’s Welcome To The Black Parade is a genuinely good album, then Fall Out Boy turned pop, Panic At The Disco turned pop, Falling In Reverse turned rap, Escape The Fate became irrelevant, 30 Seconds To Mars stopped.

There was a few alternative rock and grunge holdovers like Smashing Pumpkins, and Foo Fighters but they’re getting softer and softer.

Rock is not that popular anymore.

Because Rap as we know it hasn’t been that popular since the early and mid 90’s with 2 PAC and Notorious BIG. Gangsta Rap was big with those two and after that artists like 50 Cent kept it going but it grew smaller and smaller as we reached the new millennium.

The 2000’s were dominated by artists like Chris Brown, Jason Derulo, Akon, Pitbull, and Flo Rida. These are all R & B artists, yes the rhyme but so do folk artists and they’re not Rap.

With the rise of streaming services and file sharing, Rap is gaining a resurgence as the Trap scene gets bigger.

There’s a few outliers of course most notable would be Kanye and Nikki Minaj who have pop hits but also still have deep ties to the Rap scene.
Lol wtf I remember rap was popular into the 2000s with lil wayne, jay z and all that crap

I'm pretty sure eminem and 50 cent together were bigger than chris brown lol

Looking at my top songs played last year, I mainly to listen to oldies and synthwave

I'm a white middle aged cunt and I listen to metal. My younger mates listen to hardcore, sounds like metal to anyone else, to me it's not quite my go, it's heavy though at least.

Lol wtf I remember rap was popular into the 2000s with lil wayne, jay z and all that crap
But what charted? It was common at the time for a rapper to feature in pop songs, either for a verse or have the hook. But their harder songs were always less popular than their watered down pop tracks.

But what charted? It was common at the time for a rapper to feature in pop songs, either for a verse or have the hook. But their harder songs were always less popular than their watered down pop tracks.
That could be true of 90s rap as well, even tupac and biggies most famous songs were kinda poppy. Also eminem's biggest hits were like the real slim shady instead of the way I am etc

Travis Scott and Young Thug

Rap doesnt have to be gangsta rap to be rap. Gangsta rap peaked in the 90s and died in the 2000s but what artists like jay z, lil wayne, eminem are doing is rap. Even drake who does both does more rapping than singing. Honestly r&b is what has decreased in popularity. You dont see that many r&b songs that are topping charts these days and when they do they always feature some popular rapper to give it a bump. Beyonce mostly tries to rap now instead of sing. R&b isnt really that popular with girls and young women anymore. Young females in the past who would have listened to r&b just prefer rap music now

Shitty hip hop and pop fusion stuff. So the same as the last 20 to 25 years.

It's funny to see kids do reaction vids to 90's and earlier music. It's like they discover what music is for the first time.

Back