What nutritional supplements make up a Dogger???

"Creatine is among the most well-researched and effective supplements":
https://examine.com/supplements/creatine/
It's use is backed by so much more research than quercetin (for example) which you take? Thorne (who you apparently trust) offer creatine if you're worried about contamination/legitimacy?
I'm very open to learning but unfortunately "cos Tidwell said so" just isn't enough evidence for me personally.

Incidentally I don't take Creatine myself; however, quercetin is one of the few supplements I do take...
Creatine sold today is worthless its from china, most of it is contaminated.

Creapure, which many supplement companies use/resell, is manufactured in Germany.
Is this true? I remember before yes but now a lot of the stuff is sourced from China and manufactured in a facility in Canada or Germany

You have to really look deeper.

Drs Best now gets most of their source from China since they sold to a Chinese billionaire company, I stopped using their supps even though they were the best bang for the buck and quality affordable.

Creatine is useless will just destroy your kidneys over time if you take it daily and caust intestinal issues long term and liver issues.

Please show the evidence and studies that back this up. Otherwise, it makes no sense to spread misinformation with made up opinions. Creatine is one of the most widely studied and consumed athletic supplements in existence, so surely you should find plenty of evidence to back that up.

Please show the evidence and studies that back this up. Otherwise, it makes no sense to spread misinformation with made up opinions. Creatine is one of the most widely studied and consumed athletic supplements in existence, so surely you should find plenty of evidence to back that up.

First time responding to a Tidwell post?

Elevated creatinine level signifies impaired kidney function or kidney disease. As the kidneys become impaired for any reason, the creatinine level in the blood will rise due to poor clearance of creatinine by the kidneys. Abnormally high levels of creatinine thus warn of possible malfunction or failure of the kidneys.

It doesnt matter, they approve a lot of stuff but in numbers you are not supposed to take a lot and people who take like daily scoops of that dont drink enough liquid and damage the kidneys you have to be careful with the supplement industry man they will pay any scientist to back their product, most scientists are broke and are hired guns who will write favorable studies to the highest bidder.

Is this true? I remember before yes but now a lot of the stuff is sourced from China and manufactured in a facility in Canada or Germany

You have to really look deeper.
Yes it is "true". It is produced in a specially designed facility in Trostberg Germany. Obviously there's an element of trust when you buy a supplement or drug of any kind but as far as these things go, Creapure is just about as solid/trustworthy as they come.

Elevated creatinine level signifies impaired kidney function or kidney disease. As the kidneys become impaired for any reason, the creatinine level in the blood will rise due to poor clearance of creatinine by the kidneys. Abnormally high levels of creatinine thus warn of possible malfunction or failure of the kidneys.

It doesnt matter, they approve a lot of stuff but in numbers you are not supposed to take a lot and people who take like daily scoops of that dont drink enough liquid and damage the kidneys you have to be careful with the supplement industry man they will pay any scientist to back their product, most scientists are broke and are hired guns who will write favorable studies to the highest bidder.

Creatinine=/=creatine. It's a normal And quite harmless byproduct of muscle/creatine breakdown that every everyone experiences. Elevated creatinine levels indicate kidney damage but don't cause it. Normal metabolic panels don't account for diet and lifestyle. If you took a blood draw a few hours after a hard workout your physician would try to admit you to the hospital ASAP because of how fucked up your blood work would look.

Last edited:
Creatinine=/=creatine. It's a normal And quite harmless byproduct of muscle/creatine breakdown that every everyone experiences. Elevated creatinine levels indicate kidney damage but don't cause it. Normal metabolic panels don't account for diet and lifestyle. If you took a blood draw a few hours after a hard workout your physician would try to admit you to the hospital ASAP because of how fucked up your blood work would look.
What happens if you dont hydrate properly while on creatines?

Your anus prolapses and effectively pulls the rest of your body through the prolapse so you turn inside out. I read about it somewhere so that must mean it's true.
Scary shit brother, i dont know why people even bother with it.

@TidWell I hope you appreciate how nice and polite this reply was, it would have been pretty easy for @wufabufa to blast you about your ignorance in the matter and call you all kinds of names that question your intelligence.

FWIW my creatinine levels are always way high out of lab range unless I don't train for a couple of days before blood is drawn. I get a full blood panel at least 2x a year. A heavy leg or back workout causes the highest spikes. My personal physician is pretty knowledgeable, a "sports Dr" and the physician for one of our national sports teams. He has never had a problem with my elevated creatinine levels as they do return to normal as per above.
He also has no issues with Creatine supplementation, I take 5-10gr daily (my diet is lacking) and has said that "the whole team" uses it. As far as supplemental or "extra" use the mountain of benefits outweigh the miniscule risks by the largest ratio of almost any substance you can think of besides a scant few things that are immediately essential just to stay alive - oxygen, water etc

@TidWell I hope you appreciate how nice and polite this reply was, it would have been pretty easy for @wufabufa to blast you about your ignorance in the matter and call you all kinds of names that question your intelligence.

FWIW my creatinine levels are always way high out of lab range unless I don't train for a couple of days before blood is drawn. I get a full blood panel at least 2x a year. A heavy leg or back workout causes the highest spikes. My personal physician is pretty knowledgeable, a "sports Dr" and the physician for one of our national sports teams. He has never had a problem with my elevated creatinine levels as they do return to normal as per above.
He also has no issues with Creatine supplementation, I take 5-10gr daily (my diet is lacking) and has said that "the whole team" uses it. As far as supplemental or "extra" use the mountain of benefits outweigh the miniscule risks by the largest ratio of almost any substance you can think of besides a scant few things that are immediately essential just to stay alive - oxygen, water etc
Daily creatine long term can damage kidneys.
Dont take a chance just cause the science told, next thing you know a study will say study suggest Creatine linked to long term kidney damage after 10 years daily consumption

Same happens to me. 48hrs post training is usually when creatinine spikes. I get blood work done 2-3 times per year too due to one of my autoimmune conditions. If I establish care with a new physician I always have to request a Cystatin-C which accounts for diet/lifestyle to get an accurate result from my bloodwork. Most of them try to pawn me off on a nephrologist until they understand what's going on since their average patient isn't super active or pushing their body hard during exercise. They automatically jump to wild conclusions.

Dont take a chance just cause the science told, next thing you know a study will say study suggest Creatine linked to long term kidney damage after 10 years daily consumption

Obviously you can believe whatever science you wish but if you don't have the ability to understand let alone verify that information then I'd suggest you do some more reading and ask others around you that may have a better grasp on certain concepts what they think of the research you've been digging into. You don't have to defer to authority but I think you've got a blind spot when reading studies.

Bud, if you live your life with that "WHAT IF!?!!" logic you may as well call it a day if you're just gonna wait for the next round of science to shit all over they way you've been maintaining your health. I personally don't take creatine because I eat plenty of red meat in my diet but I don't really have anything against supplementation. From the research I've seen it's not a big deal and is totally safe for healthy individuals.

I thought I saw a tiny little glimmer of intelligence from you for just a split second and decided, obviously beyond my better judgement, to go back on my previous post and help you out. Won't happen again.

I think I have an understanding of you now, I will have no further comment on the matter.
OOOOPS

Here's a study for you: n=1 so take it as anecdotal. I have a family history of kidney disease so It's something I have always monitored closely. I have taken minimum 5g of creatine virtually every day for the last 25 years and have never, not one single time, had a kidney issue or any diagnostic result outside of lab reference ranges. None ever even significantly higher than the mean. I'd estimate 50-75 tests, zero issues. I'm fine and my kidneys are happily producing creatine (not creatinine ffs) daily.

When I referenced 3000 studies earlier that wasn't just a number I pulled out of thin air, they exist. I guarantee you I have read over 1000 of them.

Creatine has been shown to have neuroprotective and cognitive performance effects, perhaps you are extremely deficient.

I regret wasting my time on you. Do and think what you want, you are dead to me now.

I thought I saw a tiny little glimmer of intelligence from you for just a split second and decided, obviously beyond my better judgement, to go back on my previous post and help you out. Won't happen again.

OOOOPS

Here's a study for you: n=1 so take it as anecdotal. I have a family history of kidney disease so It's something I have always monitored closely. I have taken minimum 5g of creatine virtually every day for the last 25 years and have never, not one single time, had a kidney issue or any diagnostic result outside of lab reference ranges. None ever even significantly higher than the mean. I'd estimate 50-75 tests, zero issues. I'm fine and my kidneys are happily producing creatine (not creatinine ffs) daily.

When I referenced 3000 studies earlier that wasn't just a number I pulled out of thin air, they exist. I guarantee you I have read over 1000 of them.

Creatine has been shown to have neuroprotective and cognitive performance effects, perhaps you are extremely deficient.

I regret wasting my time on you. Do and think what you want, you are dead to me now.
tenor.gif

OOOOPS

Brother do you get kidney tests every week or something, how do you know? also why dead to you now this is a discussion you cannot just be one sided but open minded and thick skinned on difference opinon ya feel me?

You might have family history of kidney issues but that doesn't mean you have it, you might not have any kidney issues so again you are one of the lucky ones.

Also the supplements you get are not FDA approved they could put God knows what in them, they already did a study in consumer reports that many of the over the counter supps are tainted with toxins, metals and many dont even include said supplement, for example one of the Walmart house labels I think or nature bounty had a common houseplant instead of st john wort

How can you trust the game

by the way in 2005 my kidneys were temporarily affected by Sy ntrax Swole v2, I was taking it cause I saw it on a bodybuilding forum and they said it was good and I got pain in my kidney and had to stop taking it ever since that day I stopped taking Creatine, creatine can also cause your intestines to get inflamed and swollen butthole or prolapses thats scary stuff man.

This is the creatine I took
http://www.genesisvitamins.com/syntraxswolev-213lbsweettartpunch.aspx

Back