Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Already got most of the practical builds. Ar9
freefloated 16inch 556
freefloated 24 inch bull barrel DMR
m&p15 for my bed side gun
7.5 inch radical firearms pistol

I need to decide on something good. The particular lower receiver i will be using is an Anderson 911 twin tower memorial, so I want it to be something nice with that in mind.

Builds I am considering:
20 inch m16a2 replica
M16a4ish build
10.5-11.5 556 build
14.5-16" faxon barrel light weight build
50 bmg shtf upper ;)

Any suggestions?

Edit: I do have a 7.62 x 39 upper without a lower, but it just seems dirty to do that

Last edited:
I just finished a 14.5 inch Faxon pencil build and love it

My buddy built one for a customer that’s shooting coyotes at 600 yards. Not sure on specifics but it’s a nice rifle apparently.

Edit: I do have a 7.62 x 39 upper without a lower, but it just seems dirty to do that

I've become a fan of the round in the AR platform. Bought a PWS upper and liked it enough that currently I've got a 7.62x39 build at the cerakoter's.

I've become a fan of the round in the AR platform. Bought a PWS upper and liked it enough that currently I've got a 7.62x39 build at the cerakoter's.
I like it too, and I would need a dedicated lower for the extra strength hammer. it just seems like im pissing on the flag by putting a dirty commie chambered upper on a 911 memorial lower

How do you like the faxon barrel?

I recommend a .458 SOCOM upper. Nothing says America like a big projectile that moves slow. Should make for a fun range toy as well.

I like it too, and I would need a dedicated lower for the extra strength hammer. it just seems like im pissing on the flag by putting a dirty commie chambered upper on a 911 memorial lower

How do you like the faxon barrel?

You've got a point with the 9/11 lower. Maybe just go full Vietnam-era retro.

PWS uses Faxon barrels? The whole setup is nice. Piston. The one I'm building is gonna be DI.

You've got a point with the 9/11 lower. Maybe just go full Vietnam-era retro.

PWS uses Faxon barrels? The whole setup is nice. Piston. The one I'm building is gonna be DI.
Sorry meant to direct that to @Gregolian about the faxon build

A vietnam build would be dope. Full 20 inch barrel ballistics. I already have a side charging carry handle m16a2 upper (just the upper, no barrel or hand guards) . You know ... could go with wood furniture ala fallout new Vegas service rifle. I'd have to get a binary trigger for it.
300 blk 7-9"
5.56 11.5" or 12.5"

Can you own suppressors?
I do have plans for a form 1 30 cal can

I recommend a .458 SOCOM upper. Nothing says America like a big projectile that moves slow. Should make for a fun range toy as well.
A build I want to do is make an "all 50 states legal" ar in case I God forbid had to move to a commie state. A 458 straight pull bolt action is very tempting, but also seems like a "what did you do to my boy" type of fuckery

A vietnam build would be dope.

XM177 I always thought was cool.

1af014fa486dbfcb1c48206eebccdfe0.jpg

fcb6c84c5372946fc1c74e1302bf5561.jpg

I do have plans for a form 1 30 cal can

I was going to say sandman k can still be had for a good price. Won't be under 140 db but it's compact and light while adding 2.9" past the muzzle device. Great for a sbr.

I want to make a true MK18 clone someday... but that would require an SBR tax stamp... or make it a pistol... and I need to finish my AR10 first.

Back