What to expect from Casanova gloves

Pro boxing supplies that brand of heavy bags you see in a lot of gyms (and Pro’s wearing their gloves) with insanely comical prices ripped off Casanovas name. They got the name registered in the US and cleverly changed some of the wording and added the logo to the back of the hand, but the logo at the wrist is very close to the original Casanovas and any beginner might mistake it for one and purchase it. It says made in the US but their suppose to be some cheap Pakistan gloves and it’s an awful move with malign intent since they went as far as to use Casanova’s specifications word for word in the details.

View attachment 543533

View attachment 543535

First one is the real deal, second one is off ebay but it’s the same thing on the pro boxing supply site. Seems Casanova can’t do anything as PBS registered it in another country while changing up the wording on the logo. I might be wrong Idkw.

Man these guys are dirt..

You mean this brand?

F7635771-0FE1-4565-999A-C4A66CDE3080.jpeg

Yeah I thought they stole the intellectual property of Casanova.

There are one more brand which stole that of Rival. It is called USG, which is located in Canada.

158072F2-2F34-4A25-8B5F-7C7368886204.jpeg

The CEO of Rival left some comments on USG's instagram telling it not to steal the design.

Too bad there are such morons who steal and copy many designs in signature from some well known brands

You mean this brand?

View attachment 544005

Yeah I thought they stole the intellectual property of Casanova.

There are one more brand which stole that of Rival. It is called USG, which is located in Canada.

View attachment 544007

The CEO of Rival left some comments on USG's instagram telling it not to steal the design.

Too bad there are such morons who steal and copy many designs in signature from some well known brands

Yup those are it, and they also come up on the PBS site as well.

Those Usg gloves also look a bit like Hayabusas design style. Atleast they tried to copy off the design and put their name and color scheme on it. If they would of gone as far as PBS did they could have been in real trouble if they’re both based in Canada. So you can only imagine Casanova’s frustrations as these guys have ripped off the name itself, made an identical logo and are probably free of Casanova being able to take legal measures.

Those Usg gloves also look a bit like Hayabusas design style. Atleast they tried to copy off the design and put their name and color scheme on it. If they would of gone as far as PBS did they could have been in real trouble if they’re both based in Canada. So you can only imagine Casanova’s frustrations as these guys have ripped off the name itself, made an identical logo and are probably free of Casanova being able to take legal measures.

In my country, Korea, we have a website like Sherdog but it is only for boxing. Anyway, many people in the forum mistook this fake Casanova as the real US version of Casanova. They guessed that the original Casanova had allowed them to use its logo by contract. I guess that somebody has already bought it without knowing that it is fake. Therefore I posted a thread to show this so-called US Casanova is fake. Many got shocked according to their comments left on my post.

Yeah. I don't think Rival should be complaining about what USG are doing. If the Rival designs are objectively better than what else is out there like they want consumers to believe, then it would reason that most other boxing equipment companies are going to start copying aspects of their design. That's just how this stuff advances. And no one is going to mistake those USG gloves as being Rival's.

In my country, Korea, we have a website like Sherdog but it is only for boxing. Anyway, many people in the forum mistook this fake Casanova as the real US version of Casanova. They guessed that the original Casanova had allowed them to use its logo by contract. I guess that somebody has already bought it without knowing that it is fake. Therefore I posted a thread to show this so-called US Casanova is fake. Many got shocked according to their comments left on my post.

What's the site link?

Yeah I feel for those guys, I remember when my dad opened his shop. In the state I live who ever opens the business first gets the right of name but it might vary which county, the distance and if the other business decides to act or not. Couple of years into the business we start to get harassed by some dumbass threatning we have his name and he’s going to sue if we don’t change it or close down, all over phone. I told him “then you and me and who knows is going to do some shutting down because the first shop with this name is in the city and has been in business for over 15 years” started to stutter like crazy and said he’d call back, I told him no it’s better you come in person so I can see your face.

Turned out it was some shady dude who had just done his partner dirty to take the business for himself somehow I don’t know the story. Just a total asshole just from hearing him speak it’s why I told hom to come through so he could see we ain’t playing that shit. His place ended up being 3 counties and 106 miles away, damm clown...

Anyway I put these pics together just in case you want to share on the forum your on, Just to spread the word.
0520E9A0-80FB-4C1C-AA9E-D4E247737AD4.jpeg 73D06C92-7A92-4DF1-A265-406F1DE40851.jpeg 67C3082C-F350-4BBC-8F14-A7AF57AA13C2.jpeg 123B153C-8623-4C17-BFA9-9590B3DE9A82.jpeg

Yeah. I don't think Rival should be complaining about what USG are doing. If the Rival designs are objectively better than what else is out there like they want consumers to believe, then it would reason that most other boxing equipment companies are going to start copying aspects of their design. That's just how this stuff advances. And no one is going to mistake those USG gloves as being Rival's.

What's the site link?

https://cafe.naver.com/theboxing/103463

This is the site where most Koreans who like boxing are active.

And that link is for the thread I wrote.

If you can read some Korean words, it will be interesting to see people's reactions :)

I think you should sign up the parent site first and then the forum to be entitled to read the post.

What's the site link?

Yeah true, only thing similar I really see is the 30 degree angle across the wrist, well the overall design they got it pretty good next to the RB11 but those Usg seem to have even longer finger tips. It might be nothing to really complain about I don’t blane them for showing distaste of seeing their design being used as someone part of the company and all but your right going on to post on Usg’s instagram is a bit bitchy, specially when your trying to compete with the top dogs who usually dismiss these types of companies with little reguard.

I know that the boxing world is one of the most evil sporting worlds of them all, but for some reason the behaviour of PBS strikes me as especially egregious.

Just sayin' - so no need to freak out and dump the obvious on me. I know
there are more significant problems facing the sport of boxing and humanity in general.

I know that the boxing world is one of the most evil sporting worlds of them all, but for some reason the behaviour of PBS strikes me as especially egregious.

Just sayin' - so no need to freak out and dump the obvious on me. I know
there are more significant problems facing the sport of boxing and humanity in general.

It seems as it’s maybe something personal, it’s certainly being done on purpose the whole logo and writing the same details seem to seal it off. I wonder why, their heavybags are way too high priced, yet you see them in many gyms so they have been building a name, if you want to push something that sounds classic and legit why not just pick a nice old school sounding name, (Villareal, Casablanca, De La Vega, or some bad ass old school italian name) they got the pocket to do so, it’s just a shame what they’re doing...

Bump... Anyone use their hybrid gloves? The combo of laces and velcro sound like the best of both worlds but given that I haven't heard much about them, I feel like they are not that great.

Bump... Anyone use their hybrid gloves? The combo of laces and velcro sound like the best of both worlds but given that I haven't heard much about them, I feel like they are not that great.
I personally do not see the point of hybrid velcro/lace. The velcro shreds the lace over time and it's a bit of a hassle. If I think people who get hybrid velcro/lace often just end up removing the laces altogether rather than ever actually using them as a laceup glove.

I personally do not see the point of hybrid velcro/lace. The velcro shreds the lace over time and it's a bit of a hassle. If I think people who get hybrid velcro/lace often just end up removing the laces altogether rather than ever actually using them as a laceup glove.
I imagined exactly that happening and bit the bullet and ordered some lace ups from them. Really looking forward to trying them out.

I just got a pair of their new “Retro” Model. It’s made with old school welt stitched seams. I got these in 16 oz. and the hand pocket is perfect; not too big, not too small. My older non Retro model had the big hand box but were still stable for full house shots. These are even better! Highly recommend. Oh and they are really good looking gloves. Build and material quality Is also Top shelf.
~ Mike

I figured I'd post an update of the gloves in this thread since this brand doesn't get a lot of attention. Why is that?! My main reason for getting them was that I was having some wrist issues at the time and many suggested Casanova aka Necalli for their wrist support. I ended up getting the the lace up 16 oz. leather edged seam with double stitching gloves in the cordovan colour and they have broken in nicely. If it wasn't for them being lace ups, they would be my primary gloves. Anyways, they look pretty sweet in hand and have a classic feel. The stitching was all clean with no issues and the leather was blemish-less and thick. Totally different vibe than almost every other glove I've seen in the gym. When they were new they were pretty stiff and the thumb would cut off a bit of circulation which is unusual because the hand pocket itself is quite roomy. The lining is also pretty rough, almost like a stiff denim texture and although it didn't bother me, it might irritate some. Bear in mind, these are my first lace ups so I have little to compare to but the wrist support is awesome. With athletic tape and wraps, I felt like I was wearing a cast. Totally overkill for most but if you need to train while nursing a hand injury, these are a great option. The foam is on the stiffer side, much different than my twins gloves and now that they're broken in, they make a satisfying pop and connection on the bag. Another thing I noticed was that they have never developed a smell. Now, I have been trying my best to avoid it but there is not a hint of stank in them and the smell of the leather is actually still fairly strong. It might be because the hand pocket is large and allows air movement. I really don't know. Now after all those compliments here's my gripe. I feel like the leather/dye has worn a bit prematurely and even though they are not in a state that would have me concerned, I would be interested in seeing how these look after a year or two of use. I have been putting vaseline on them when they get dry as per the suggestion on their website to help with the scuffing. I'd post pictures but the ones I tried rendered like crap.

I figured I'd post an update of the gloves in this thread since this brand doesn't get a lot of attention. Why is that?! My main reason for getting them was that I was having some wrist issues at the time and many suggested Casanova aka Necalli for their wrist support. I ended up getting the the lace up 16 oz. leather edged seam with double stitching gloves in the cordovan colour and they have broken in nicely. If it wasn't for them being lace ups, they would be my primary gloves. Anyways, they look pretty sweet in hand and have a classic feel. The stitching was all clean with no issues and the leather was blemish-less and thick. Totally different vibe than almost every other glove I've seen in the gym. When they were new they were pretty stiff and the thumb would cut off a bit of circulation which is unusual because the hand pocket itself is quite roomy. The lining is also pretty rough, almost like a stiff denim texture and although it didn't bother me, it might irritate some. Bear in mind, these are my first lace ups so I have little to compare to but the wrist support is awesome. With athletic tape and wraps, I felt like I was wearing a cast. Totally overkill for most but if you need to train while nursing a hand injury, these are a great option. The foam is on the stiffer side, much different than my twins gloves and now that they're broken in, they make a satisfying pop and connection on the bag. Another thing I noticed was that they have never developed a smell. Now, I have been trying my best to avoid it but there is not a hint of stank in them and the smell of the leather is actually still fairly strong. It might be because the hand pocket is large and allows air movement. I really don't know. Now after all those compliments here's my gripe. I feel like the leather/dye has worn a bit prematurely and even though they are not in a state that would have me concerned, I would be interested in seeing how these look after a year or two of use. I have been putting vaseline on them when they get dry as per the suggestion on their website to help with the scuffing. I'd post pictures but the ones I tried rendered like crap.
Casanova gloves, lace up in 16 oz are my favorite gloves by far. I am 57 years old and have been boxing for 44 of those years. I have trained in good gloves and have trained in bad gloves. Bad gloves lead to bad outcomes. There is not much you can do in a boxing gym with injured hands. I have never hurt my hands in a fight. My various injuries were the result of training. Even with the “best” gloves on the market you can and will injure your hands while training. Velcro closures are a relatively recent phenomenon. Now I often train in hook and loop gloves. But for intense-the very edge of your ability-preparing for a fight-type training, hook and loop gloves are not sufficient. There is a reason professional fighters use lace ups. That combined experience tells you that for driving your punch, actually putting your hips into the punch and firing from the shoulder-there is no substitute for lace up gloves. Casanova gloves have the best wrist support I have ever experienced. There are many great gloves. Rival RS1 sparring gloves, Winning MS600, Topboxer W1, Cleto Reyes in 18oz, and Everlast Powerlock in 18oz. I have used all these brands. Casanova’s in my opinion, ranks them all. Now this is purely a subjective personal choice. Here are some of my current Casanova’s
85E596D0-DB2C-4E72-9074-4EE15BB7FD7F.jpeg1DD61A41-BA80-415F-99F8-83DA62478CBD.jpeg0EDD5AA7-336A-4506-87E4-1B16FCFDEA8A.jpeg359201DA-375C-4F0C-ADA8-9D8F784708EE.jpeg

Totally might be worth seeing if can get a few people interested and do an order for us here in the UK
Totally might be worth seeing if can get a few people interested and do an order for us here in the UK

There is definitely a market over here isn't there. Barring Cleto Reyes other mexican brands are none existent!

Back