What to expect from Casanova gloves

Thank you.....anyone know how size and shape of 16oz lace Up Casanova compares to cleto Reyes
Both have a great striking surface on the glove. I have heard Reyes are
Thank you.....anyone know how size and shape of 16oz lace Up Casanova compares to cleto Reyes
Reyes have a larger profile than Casanova. Both have s great striking surface. Both need a break in period. Both support the wrist very well. I like both but for different reasons. Reyes have more padding. But I prefer Casanova gloves for the heavy bag and pad work. Until you break these gloves in, be careful about really hitting the bag with all your strength. My preference is Casanova’s though. It’s a personal preference. The lining in Reyes is more comfortable. But I can tolerate the breaking in period because I train almost daily. Once my Casanova’s are broke in, there’s not another glove I would prefer over them.

I'm kind of new to being active into this forum. I'm a boxing lover from Mexico, and have been actively practicing it as a hobby for several years now. Collecting equipment, trying it out, trading and anything related that I can find to engage more with the boxing community, is what have brought me here.

I also feel that Casanova's have a higher profile in relation to other local mexican brands, as to Campeon, Boxeo or the new branches of formers Zepol. Excluding Cleto's and Grant's from this conversation.

When was the last time you acquired your Casanova's?
I'm a medium hand size, and for me, I've felt that my hand fit in Casanova is a bit loose, even with a well made hand wrapping. However, I love the "look" of Casanova. Similar with Campeon.
campeon_yellowblack_16.33928
casanova_black_16.33929
WhatsApp Image 2019-10-19 at 5.33.01 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-10-22 at 4.06.31 PM.jpeg

I guess in part it goes down to personal style and preferences, but given my hand size and preference, I enjoy more punching when using some tighter gloves, like any Zepol - and its branches - or Boxeo, in that order.
I've seen Zepol's and Boxeo are more commonly used in the local gyms I used to train in Mexico city.

Have you used any Zepol's branch or Boxeo lately?
Boxeo has a very particular fit to hands, and I would think is not made for big hand sizes [1.80+ m tall]. At least from several pairs I've seen taller mates try. For mid/small hands, these gloves fit strong and feels very nice when punching hard.
The weak element I'd give to Boxeo, is their "look" is not as nice as other Mexican brands, I guess in part could be to Boxeo gloves being made from Goat leather. From about 10~ pairs I've had of Boxeo, there's been issue with thumb finger position on 2 pairs. That is some high deviation. Considering that all of mexican local brands, doesn't really have an existing quality process, Boxeo has a bit more to improve regarding the latter.
boxeo_blue_14oz.33926

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-19 at 14.15.22 (1).jpeg

The Zepol, Lopez, Gil - and any of its branches, however, to me, these are the less "known" or less commercialized, but by far the best in fitting, feeling, punching sensation and padding. Their "look" is also very fancy and unique. The tagging of the brand and brand sticker is what I would suggest could still be improved.
lopez_16.33927

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-25 at 10.07.57 PM.jpeg

What mostly have got me into the loving of Made in Mexico local brands, is their uniqueness of producers not making productions of the same colors/ designs, and instead, they just produce as per request of each customer order they receive. I have the feeling, that in future, having any of these handmade pieces of equipment would be valued as collectibles - which some already mean that to me.

I would be happy to keep chatting and knowing more about your boxing suggestions and opinions. If you would like to catch me up for any boxing related subject, you can catch me up at my Instagram profile as @theboxingcollector

Red with white piping, laces and freakin welted seams. That is leather art and any committed person would wear those with pride. I sometimes wish I could box as good as my gloves look. I would wait until the bell rings and ask you to let me see your gloves. Yeah, right up in your grill. “Hey man, those are sharp looking gloves, mind if I look at them”....while your trying to get a blow or a sip of water. It’s happened to me. I also have the guy in the Hybuskis (Hayabusa) hook and loops who removes his glove to take a cell phone call during the round and tells me my gloves are ugly. No bat wings, or textured diamonds or strippedy lines, or fangs or seams all across the striking surface. I just say, “yeah, they’re ugly.....and that pair you have will have been in the trash 3 times before these get broke in”. To each his own....and mine are Mexican gloves. Thanks for the pictures brother.
Keep them Posts coming, my man!
Your Posts on sherdog entertain me better than Most Triple A Video Games or Blockbuster Movies!
I'm a Fan! Thanks for the great reads! :-D

So its been a few years and three Necalli gloves later and I think I'm done with the brand. All three of them have had leaching dye issues. My second was a black "firm wrap" velcro pair that felt great but covered all of my sparring partners in extremely noticeable black, coal miner like marks. i stopped using them immediately and Necalli kindly and quickly sent me a new pair. I picked yellow to be on the safe side and the same thing happened except far less noticeably because of the lighter colour. It happened when they got wet from sweat. I've relegated them to my bag gloves as they've been used extensively by now but to this day, the black leather piping on the yellow pair still stains my skin. I've heard nothing about this from anyone else and don't know if its poor luck or maybe a short stint of qc issues from covid but I can't bring myself to buy another pair that may have the same issue. Its a shame because I really liked the gloves other than that.

So its been a few years and three Necalli gloves later and I think I'm done with the brand. All three of them have had leaching dye issues. My second was a black "firm wrap" velcro pair that felt great but covered all of my sparring partners in extremely noticeable black, coal miner like marks. i stopped using them immediately and Necalli kindly and quickly sent me a new pair. I picked yellow to be on the safe side and the same thing happened except far less noticeably because of the lighter colour. It happened when they got wet from sweat. I've relegated them to my bag gloves as they've been used extensively by now but to this day, the black leather piping on the yellow pair still stains my skin. I've heard nothing about this from anyone else and don't know if its poor luck or maybe a short stint of qc issues from covid but I can't bring myself to buy another pair that may have the same issue. Its a shame because I really liked the gloves other than that.
I have a pair of the welted seam necallis in black from 2020. My heavybag has some black marks and no idea how they got there. Now you have me worried.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back