Elections What would you have done in Mike Peace’s shoes on January 6?

UFCUCF

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
According to reports about the new Bob Woodward book, Former Vice President, Michael Pence was deeply disturbed and had a hard time deciding whether to Certify the Election Results on 1/6/2021, or whether to try to throw them out.

The new book alleges that President Trump specifically told Pence that if Pence wouldn’t help Trump out and fail to certify the results,Trump wouldn’t want to be his friend anymore. From Pence’s point of view there goes the single most powerful ally he could have on the Republican side for his own White House run.

Pence supposedly called, of all people, Dan Quayle, who allegedly to Pence that Pence had no discretion or personal choice. As we know, Pence certified the results.

In Pence’s shoes, maybe I would have had counsel look into whether there was any way to delay the certification so I could get more info on the alleged voting irregularities, but given the evidence, I don’t think I would have wanted my name to go down in history as a partisan hack who tried to overturn one of the most secure elections in American history.

What say you war room?

Quayle is right, it’s not something that’s within Pence’s authority. Frankly, it’s disturbing that the VP of our country was even considering trying to overturn an election. Thankfully he did the right thing. Shame on anyone that spread that election misinformation, or supports the people—or the man, i.e. Trump—that caused that uprising.

I would have certified the votes and then gotten on live television and thrown that putrid cunt Trump under the bus so far he would have been shitting rubber for a month. The fact that all of these politicians and military men and women waited this long to speak up is disgusting. They knew what a dangerous psychopath Trump was and kept quiet when it mattered the most. I'm not saying the spineless Republicans in the Senate would have heeded their words and convicted Trump, but at least it would have been on record.

He was deciding on whether it truly suited him to continue to be a trump bottom feeder or try to squirm out to gain favor from the moderates.

Even worse, now he's in between

tied them together and took a jog on some train tracks

Tough to believe, considering it's from Woodward's book. We don't really know what Pence was thinking or if President Trump really said that to him.

Oh and lol @ still talking about Jan. 6th.

Back