Opinion What's Dan Crenshaw's deal with David Goggins?

Did you even bother to skim thru that link you posted?

Here’s the cliffs - Plaintiff claims Goggins verbally agreed to allow him to make a movie about his life. Goggins changes his mind after reading the guys script, decides to go with someone else to do a book and a movie. Plaintiff gets butthurt and sues David, while also claiming that there are inaccuracies in David’s story. David then countersues for defamation, and plaintiff requests the court dismiss David’s counter suit (the case your link is actually about). The court unequivocally sides with David Goggins, repeatedly stating the plaintiffs arguments fail miserably and Goggins defamation claims are valid in any possible way of interpretation.

@SakurabasEar didn't read the link, just like Crenshaw has never read Coggins book.

Crenshaw is a charlatan maybe?

I lean right but the guy is the definition of "The Swamp" at this stage.

The other thing is I think Crenshaw falls a bit into that realm of veteran where they get super judgemental if you never deployed. You know the kind on Facebook that post randomly "KUWAIT ISN'T A DEPLOYMENT" cause some support guy claiming deployment by being in a support role grinds their gears. They're also most likely to be the type to preach about their service every Veterans day or Memorial day.

@My Spot @Protectandserve and @Mike Hagger would probably have way more insight into this sort of thing.

EDIT:
How did I type the wrong insight initially holy shit.
It’s interesting Dan has definitely a been there done that, real combat veteran. David is a workout partner who seems to have used the SEAL training to establish his resume as a “bad ass” physical fitness dude.

Just my guess but there’s a few SF guys who did very little, or even had shit reputations but made a lot money out in the marketing world. They’re generally hated by the real deal crowd.

Did you even bother to skim thru that link you posted?

Here’s the cliffs - Plaintiff claims Goggins verbally agreed to allow him to make a movie about his life. Goggins changes his mind after reading the guys script, decides to go with someone else to do a book and a movie. Plaintiff gets butthurt and sues David, while also claiming that there are inaccuracies in David’s story. David then countersues for defamation, and plaintiff requests the court dismiss David’s counter suit (the case your link is actually about). The court unequivocally sides with David Goggins, repeatedly stating the plaintiffs arguments fail miserably and Goggins defamation claims are valid in any possible way of interpretation.
So confirmed you didnt read the entire thing, and now you question if i did? They couldn't make the movie in the first place because they knew there would be backlash for his bullshit.

If you read it youd find goggins refused to take care of his kid, lied about some injury among other things and thats whats been confirmed.

And whats included in this summary is only whats been released. He countersued to save his ass and guaranteed theres probably more, there always is with these types.

Crenshaw is a charlatan maybe?

I lean right but the guy is the definition of "The Swamp" at this stage.

The other thing is I think Crenshaw falls a bit into that realm of veteran where they get super judgemental if you never deployed. You know the kind on Facebook that post randomly "KUWAIT ISN'T A DEPLOYMENT" cause some support guy claiming deployment by being in a support role grinds their gears. They're also most likely to be the type to preach about their service every Veterans day or Memorial day.

@My Spot @Protectandserve and @Mike Hagger would probably have way more insight into this sort of thing.

EDIT:
How did I type the wrong insight initially holy shit.
Well, it's not a deployment.

<Fedor23>

160944601_3715071831874625_2265148668699176347_n.jpg

I like Goggins and his messages. I get he is un Seal like in his language (a lot of swearing and bluntness) and how he can be defensive. But to question his toughness... that's fucking insane. He's one of the toughest mother fuckers alive... period!

Its their way to get at him. Like calling someone who struggled with weight loss and cut a lot of weight 'fat'

So confirmed you didnt read the entire thing, and now you question if i did? They couldn't make the movie in the first place because they knew there would be backlash for his bullshit.

If you read it youd find goggins refused to take care of his kid, lied about some injury among other things and thats whats been confirmed.

And whats included in this summary is only whats been released. He countersued to save his ass and guaranteed theres probably more, there always is with these types.
Oh man, you still don’t get what you posted.

Your post is the Plaintiff’s (Castro) request to have the Defendant’s (Goggins) counterclaim of defamation (Castros claims about lies about in injuries and not paying child support, the points you made above) dismissed. If you bothered to read past the first paragraph, you would have seen that the court overwhelmingly sides with Goggins and denies Castros request for dimissal, going as far as to characterize it as preposterous.

Tnat man is a combat veteran. I thought you assholes respected veterans.
he's too whiny and bitchy like to garner any respect, I doubt very seriously he's combat anything

Almost every SEAL I have met has been an absolute blowhard.

Even compared to other SF types. The Special Forces ODA that was on my base when I deployed was a bunch of chill as fuck guys, same with the Aussie SAS guys. SEALS not so much.

Trained with a few other SF types as well and most had bad shit to say when someone would inevitably bring up SEALS.

As for Crenshaw, not a fan of his since he's been in office. He's done some damage to veterans, especially his dismissal and attacks on some female service members reporting sex assaults and the like.

Don't know the other dude at all, so I can't speak on him.

Oh man, you still don’t get what you posted.

Your post is the Plaintiff’s (Castro) request to have the Defendant’s (Goggins) counterclaim of defamation (Castros claims about lies about in injuries and not paying child support, the points you made above) dismissed. If you bothered to read past the first paragraph, you would have seen that the court overwhelmingly sides with Goggins and denies Castros request for dimissal, going as far as to characterize it as preposterous.
Those claims were not proven false, they were just not deemed significant to the breach of contract. Personal attacks don't mix well with contracts after all i get it. But still they werent lies, this wasent a court hearing over his "character" or anything. And it certainly isnt the full picture

Why are you simping so hard for this guy anyways, i gave you a legitimate reason why these people would not like/trust the dude and you defend him to no end, why?

This.

It feels like the SEAL teams have a lot of internal annoyance with each other that spills into the public sphere which is what draws the ire of the other Special teams like Rangers, Delta, and even the Marine Raiders. There's a reason Rangers joke that SEALs become SEALs in order to sell books.

I've researched a decent amount on Navy SEALS over the years and enjoy reading interviews they do, like on r/navyseals. A common misconception is, because of the secrecy and brutal training, that every SEAL is on the exact same page as the others and they all love eachother. In reality, multiple SEAL team guys have said the teams are a microcosm of civilian life. Even though they're the best of the best, you still have guys who are lazy, blowhards, annoying, talk too much, etc. If Crenshaw doesn't like Groggins, he's at least being classy about it by avoiding details.

Those claims were not proven false, they were just not deemed significant to the breach of contract. Personal attacks don't mix well with contracts after all i get it. But still they werent lies, this wasent a court hearing over his "character" or anything. And it certainly isnt the full picture

Why are you simping so hard for this guy anyways, i gave you a legitimate reason why these people would not like/trust the dude and you defend him to no end, why?

How do you know they are lies? Prove it? Who else can back this dudes claims? A lot of people are motivated by Goggins and his story. Why does that rub you the wrong way? I respect Crenshaw for his service and all, but he comes across as super elitists petty. He's your typical Ivy League douche bag.

Almost every SEAL I have met has been an absolute blowhard.

Even compared to other SF types. The Special Forces ODA that was on my base when I deployed was a bunch of chill as fuck guys, same with the Aussie SAS guys. SEALS not so much.

Trained with a few other SF types as well and most had bad shit to say when someone would inevitably bring up SEALS.

As for Crenshaw, not a fan of his since he's been in office. He's done some damage to veterans, especially his dismissal and attacks on some female service members reporting sex assaults and the like.

Don't know the other dude at all, so I can't speak on him.
watch the video above your last post and then for grins watch some of his interviews on Rogan's show

I've researched a decent amount on Navy SEALS over the years and enjoy reading interviews they do, like on r/navyseals. A common misconception is, because of the secrecy and brutal training, that every SEAL is on the exact same page as the others and they all love eachother. In reality, multiple SEAL team guys have said the teams are a microcosm of civilian life. Even though they're the best of the best, you still have guys who are lazy, blowhards, annoying, talk too much, etc. If Crenshaw doesn't like Groggins, he's at least being classy about it by avoiding details.

He's not being classy though. He basically said Goggins isnt shit because he didnt get shot like Mike fucking Day, or blown to hell like others have.

Back