What's goin' down at Tocco's (video):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the finest boxing skills I have seen in a bare knuckle fight, the way he was rolling and stepping off was superb, someone taught this lad to box properly. Someone also forgot to tell him that boxing doesn't work with the gloves off.
Right I thought 114% of fights went to the ground.

MarcAnthony teaching the 2019 Wisconsin Golden Gloves Champ that Vegas ain't Wisiconsin:

MarcAnthony seems unstoppable lately!
February was a great month for you.
We went from commenting on his sparring here on Sherdog, to watching him becoming one and beating other state champions in a matter of days.
What's the next goal for him?

Regionals. If he wins he can go to Nationals. If he wins that then it's a very good marker for him. Summer we're going to get him down to Heavywight (201), which is Cruiser in the Pros. When he debuts in National Qualifiers possibly this fall, that's where I want him.

Dont let that fight fool you, that guy is terrible. And MarcAnthony let some things happen that I didnt like. That guy won the Wisconsin Gloves on a miracle, his opponent beat the shit out of him for a round and a half. But he was severely gassed and Gunnar just winged a haymaker at him. Big boy fell and just didnt get back up. But if he had conditioning he would have finished Gunnar off too. My only satisfaction is that he deleted his FB page after saying a bunch of shit about how he couldnt lose this fight, and how hes gonna be a remarkable Pro by the end of the year...etc.

Well this escalated quickly:

Well this escalated quickly:

I like the way your fighters maintain and build pressure. Good defense, footwork and the combination of high volume body punching a technically solid straights provides their opponents with a lot to deal with. They look better the longer the fights go as well.

I like the way your fighters maintain and build pressure. Good defense, footwork and the combination of high volume body punching a technically solid straights provides their opponents with a lot to deal with. They look better the longer the fights go as well.

Thank you. It's weird because my first crop were mainly defensive counter-punchers. When we parted ways, I was left with my mainly aggressive fighters so I really had to refine my ability to teach responsible aggression. It's not easy getting them to understand how to walk right into the wood-chipper without gassing or getting chopped up too bad.

Thank you. It's weird because my first crop were mainly defensive counter-punchers. When we parted ways, I was left with my mainly aggressive fighters so I really had to refine my ability to teach responsible aggression. It's not easy getting them to understand how to walk right into the wood-chipper without gassing or getting chopped up too bad.
I have been trying to explain to some people how much harder it is to remain defensively responsible, moving forward as opposed to backwards. I actually think that aggressive fighters frequently get underrated defensively as they get hit more forcing the action. It shows solid skills for your fighters to move forward and remain defensively sound.

I was always a defensive counter puncher, with reasonable power, but of recent years I have been forced to be more aggressive. I went from hardly getting hit, to walking into everything, so I have a lot more respect for the skills involved in aggressive boxing.

I'm helping bare knuckle fighter Christine Farea prepare for her upcoming Title fight:

Thats awesome. What was her training history before bare knuckle boxing was she an ammy boxer?

Muay Thai and MMA. But if we click I plan to give her some unusual skills that cater to bare knuckle boxing as a craft itself.

Last edited:
Muay Thai and MMA. But if we click I plan to give her some unusual skills that cater to bare knuckle boxing as a craft itself.
That's interesting. Can you tell us a bit more about the specificity of bare-knuckle training as opposed to regular boxing training?

I remember you mentioned it on here before about how if you were going to have a BK person you would make a system for BK rukesets.
I have wondered how different it is from say old school bochinche with horsehair gloves and clinching being a bigger/ more accepted part of the sport.

Also what about crab and philly she’ll are those styles more appropriate for bk?

Awesome! Just makes sense overall. How she find about you? I mean, does it have anything to do with all the knowledge about old school boxing you've shared here?

I hope everything clicks and she kicks ass in her next bout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back