What's goin' down at Tocco's (video):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! Just makes sense overall. How she find about you? I mean, does it have anything to do with all the knowledge about old school boxing you've shared here?

I hope everything clicks and she kicks ass in her next bout
I was wondering about that too.
She is really good too. I didn't know her but in the fight Sinister posted she boxed very well.
Few women know how to box even in the very big promotions.

That's interesting. Can you tell us a bit more about the specificity of bare-knuckle training as opposed to regular boxing training?

Well, you cannot rely on your hands as your first line of defense. Not even a little bit. She already told me she always lands hooks on people who guard up because they cannot guard the sides of their heads. Plus, getting the backs of your bare hands punched on is no good.

I remember you mentioned it on here before about how if you were going to have a BK person you would make a system for BK rukesets.
I have wondered how different it is from say old school bochinche with horsehair gloves and clinching being a bigger/ more accepted part of the sport.

Also what about crab and philly she’ll are those styles more appropriate for bk?

It is more similar to horsehair glove days:

Awesome! Just makes sense overall. How she find about you? I mean, does it have anything to do with all the knowledge about old school boxing you've shared here?

I hope everything clicks and she kicks ass in her next bout

She was just training at Tocco's and didnt click with other coaches.

Got a pretty green 6'4" welterweight. This is his 3rd time sparring someone he doesnt know, under me:

A bit gun-shy but the defense was pretty on-point.

And Jimmy from Utah sparring another disciple of Arthur Williams:

I dont know what it is with white boys and a tendency to end up in a bar fight, but I wanted Jimmy to exert calm and control. Aside from a few moments I think he did that well. His control of distance and precision with his jab were the best I've seen yet. And hes only been working with me once a week.

Got a pretty green 6'4" welterweight. This is his 3rd time sparring someone he doesnt know, under me:

A bit gun-shy but the defense was pretty on-point.

And Jimmy from Utah sparring another disciple of Arthur Williams:

I dont know what it is with white boys and a tendency to end up in a bar fight, but I wanted Jimmy to exert calm and control. Aside from a few moments I think he did that well. His control of distance and precision with his jab were the best I've seen yet. And hes only been working with me once a week.

The tall fella has some nice form for a novice. Looks to have a lot of potential, in my uneducated opinion.

The tall fella has some nice form for a novice. Looks to have a lot of potential, in my uneducated opinion.

Thanks again. We're working to solidify his foundation. His legs get noodle-y far too much.

Last edited:
The positioning threads cover it pretty well. It's basically just making sure you're always facing the center line.

I know the opinion of 52 is shotty around here, but I like Lyte Burley because he has showed up and is capable of talking shop boxing-wise. I suggested he develop partner drills for what he's doing. It's one thing to learn a bunch of weird shit, its another thing to be able to make it click with a student where things go:

I know the opinion of 52 is shotty around here, but I like Lyte Burley because he has showed up and is capable of talking shop boxing-wise. I suggested he develop partner drills for what he's doing. It's one thing to learn a bunch of weird shit, its another thing to be able to make it click with a student where things go:

Gotta respect when people are willing to put their theories to the test, and train with other disciplines.

Last edited:
Tocco's is temporarily closed due to viral concerns. Our trainer Arthur Williams had been hospitalized with fluid in his lungs and we had a number of people ill. I'm personally convinced COVID-19 had already been circulating here due to the tourism and for the past 2 weeks anyone with a cough was likely infected, to me. But now we have to take community precautions.

@Sinister who do you think will win (fury v wilder 3.rematch)?

fight is in 5 months … is that enough time for wilder?

god bless your gym

@Sinister who do you think will win (fury v wilder 3.rematch)?

fight is in 5 months … is that enough time for wilder?

god bless your gym

Fury is likely to win again. The rematch is being rushed and I think that's a mistake for Wilder. He should have a fight or two in between

How are your guys training while the gym is closed? Considering the fact that nobody will know when the virus situation is more under control.

How are your guys training while the gym is closed? Considering the fact that nobody will know when the virus situation is more under control.

I'm doing some private lessons at home until we're put on mandatory lockdown

You around lu
Haven’t seen you posting around these parts since the quarantine
Hoping everything’s all good on your end for you and the family!

Sorry I have been scarce. I've been spending a lot of time just being a Dad and husband. My crew have been staying fit, the gym should be reopening later this week or very early next week. This was from yesterday, and I have another episode of my series coming:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back