What's happening with Glory?

andyjeezy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I noticed the four man tournament weren't featured in Glory 63 and now Glory 64. Did they abolish this format? I also noticed that the Superfight Series and the main card are both on UFC Figh Pass instead of ESPN or affiliate channels. Did the ESPN deal end with the end of last year and did Glory stop the four man tournament for the new year?{<huh}

They stopped doing the 4-mans about halfway through last year that's old news.

They just worked out a deal to broadcast all of their events, including a new Road to Glory show, on UFC Fight Pass. The UFC just started it's venture with ESPN, so I don't think it was a matter of ESPN wanting them off it just makes much more sense to have everything on Fight Pass.

These changes are a great move IMO and strangely recommended by this forum before it happened ;)

Not sure if the FP thing is all good. If they're getting paid well for providing more than double the content, okay. You're not going to get a lot of random new viewers to the sport from a subscription fight streaming service though. Any real growth in the US would probably be a little harder now.

Also felt pretty last minute so hopefully they're not just dumping the main cards on FP because they had nowhere else.

Last edited:
Yeah I have a hard time understanding how it's gonna make them bigger, it prtobably also means they have to stop posting the main card fights for free on youtube which was nice. Kinda feel like the moment when Glory officially abandonned the idea of getting huge honestly. I hope i'm wrong.

Hopefully they continue the eight man tournaments like the big heavyweight tournament they had.

Ya I'm not 100% that the FP deal is necessarily going to make them bigger but it at least provides continuity and consistency. The main cards on ESPN were a complete mixed bag and was never consistent. Sometimes ESPN2 sometimes ESPN3, sometimes live sometimes delay. It wasn't exactly a great platform for them.

Glory is NOT going to get HUGE in the US we just need to accept that reality. It can be sustainable and successful regardless.

i kinda liked that they moved the whole card into a channel who is only fighting content

ESPN was a matter of time to they get kicked out of the schedule due low numbers

Glory can't be getting much money from Fight Pass right? The other promotions aired main card live on there are like local or b level stuff

Glory can't be getting much money from Fight Pass right? The other promotions aired main card live on there are like local or b level stuff
well from what I heard they were not getting paid from espn so something is better than nothing (thou I do believe they got commercial time they could sell on espn)

At least with the prelim,super fight series & main cards all on Fight Pass you can
tune in at said time the prelim card starts and watch all the way through to the
main event on the main card without having to change websites or tv channels in
that 6-6 1/2 hours.

I don't know what's better financially for Glory, but i prefer it this way

They stopped doing the 4-mans about halfway through last year that's old news.

They just worked out a deal to broadcast all of their events, including a new Road to Glory show, on UFC Fight Pass. The UFC just started it's venture with ESPN, so I don't think it was a matter of ESPN wanting them off it just makes much more sense to have everything on Fight Pass.

These changes are a great move IMO and strangely recommended by this forum before it happened ;)
Ce faci, handsome?

Their next event is actually quite good. 5 good matchups
Harut vs Doumbe
Meksen vs Van Soest
Nabiev vs Groenhart
Ezbiri vs Boynazarov
Ulianov vs Glunder

Except for Harut vs. Doumbe and Nabiev vs. Groenhart all are not fantastic for Glory level. They are randomg matches. Boynazarov is nothing special, Glunder is overrated. Meksen vs. van Soest, no thanks. Women, what"s wrong with this world?

Why should they not be given a chance to fight? Surely they are proven capable.

Glory hasn't overloaded with the women's fights because they don't always feature on
every card since Super Bantamweight ain't so deep it is overflowing at the seams.

Why should they not be given a chance to fight? Surely they are proven capable.
I think Meksen and Van Soest are more technical than most male glory fighters. Personally i don't enjoy their fights so much but they both seem to have a good fanbase. But Broadcast thinks there are no gay people in Romania so i'm not surprised he thinks girls shouldn't fight, lol.

I have not been keeping up on whats going on but let me ask this.......is glory doing good or going down hill? How about Lion Fight? Bellator Kickboxing?

Also, what do you guys think of Triumphant? It seems they may be blowing up and the new big MT promotion? I know Gaston Bolanos fought on it. I had the opportunity to fight on their first show but didnt due to injury, shoulda coulda woulda but didnt uh.

Back