What's happening with Glory?

What a pointless rematch jeez...Marat about to become the first top-level fighter to go 0-5 against one opponent (unless Glory decides to rob Sittichai again).

You remember when Glory was the top promotion that was supposed to replace K-1? I 'member.

Showtime should have never allowed glory to come in. They knew what fans wanted. Glory did good in beginning, but failed when they tried to go after the American market over using shitty American fighters

Dani Traore is a formerly Superkombat fighter, he is an African from Germany.

Glory 68 Miami

MAIN CARD:

Alex Pereira (BRA) (30-6, 19 KO’s) vs. Donegi Abena (SUR) (24-6, 6 KO’s)
for the Interim World Light-Heavyweight Championship (209 lbs / 95 kgs)

Asa Ten Pow (USA) (10-1, 5 KO’s) vs. Bailey Sugden (UK) (12-4, 2 KO’s)
Featherweight Bout (143 lbs / 65 kgs)

Troy Jones (USA) (12-1, 10 KO’s) vs. Ammari Diedrick (UK) (19-7, 5 KO’s)
Welterweight Bout (170 lbs / 77 kgs)

Mike Lemaire (USA) (22-5, 8 KO’s) vs. Richard Abraham (USA) (14-7, 4 KO’s)

Josh Jauncey (CAN) (30-9, 15 KO’s) vs. Itay Gershon (ISR) (16-5, 6 KO’s)
Lightweight Bout (154 lbs / 70 kgs)

SUPERFIGHT SERIES CARD

Tiffany van Soest (USA) (19-4-1, 6 KO’s) vs. Jady Menezes (BRA) (13-3, 5 KO’s)
Super-Bantamweight Bout (122 lbs / 55.3 kgs)

Sergej Maslobojev (LIT) (29-5, 19 KO’s) vs. TBC
Light-Heavyweight Bout (209 lbs / 95 kgs)

Ivan Galaz (CHL) (58-9, 15 KO’s) vs. Matt Baker (USA) (23-7, 12 KO’s)
Middleweight Bout (187 lbs / 85 kgs)

Abraham Vidales (MEX) (14-0, 11 KO’s) vs. TBC
Featherweight Bout (143 lbs / 65 kgs)

Chommanee (THA) (92-17-1, 15 KO’s) vs. Aline Pereira (BRA) (5-1, 1 KO)

PRELIMINARY CARD

Rebekah Irwin (USA) (6-2, 1 KO) vs. Crystal Lawson (USA) (2-1, 1 KO)

Nick Chasteen (USA) (10-6) vs. Keemaan Diop (USA) (3-1, 2 KO’s)

Ross Levine (USA) (3-0, 3 KO’s) vs. Sean Choice (USA) (8-3)

Omari Boyd (USA) (13-2, 1 KO) vs. Charles Rodriguez (USA) (9-1, 4 KO’s)
Lightweight Bout (154 lbs / 70 kgs)

Lots of USA fighters. But damn, why do they put Rebekah Irwin on the prelims. Meanwhile ONE made Alma Juniku pretty known overnight by putting her as the main fight.

Could be a fun card but i think they could have mixed in a couple better matchups.

So the MW champ is fighting for the Interim LHW title that was just contested 2 months ago? I'm confused...

Also why is Bekka on the prelims when they've been obviously pushing her?

Didn't Vakhitov injure his hand again or something? Vakhitov has looked poor in his last two title defensnes but yeah weird to have an interim champ even then...
So the MW champ is fighting for the Interim LHW title that was just contested 2 months ago? I'm confused...

Wow, just realized this is the 33rd numbered Glory event that has taken place in the US, making it the home for ~42% of their events. Yet, the only American champions have been Kevin VanNostrand (interim) and Tiffany van Soest, with a combined three title defenses -- only one being successful. I find it funny that the highest achieving Americans in Glory have names of Dutch origin, too

Didn't Vakhitov injure his hand again or something? Vakhitov has looked poor in his last two title defensnes but yeah weird to have an interim champ even then...
Looks like he's out for the rest of the year with a broken hand.

At least this should set up Vakhitov vs Pierra (if successful) when he returns.

I like this card, pretty good mix of American and European fighters. Vakhitov needs to heal his broken hand again and it will be interesting to see Alex Pereira at LHW.

Wow, just realized this is the 33rd numbered Glory event that has taken place in the US, making it the home for ~42% of their events. Yet, the only American champions have been Kevin VanNostrand (interim) and Tiffany van Soest, with a combined three title defenses -- only one being successful. I find it funny that the highest achieving Americans in Glory have names of Dutch origin, too
I don't think their efforts in the US markets are based solely on whether they have champs or not. You'll never have champs if you don't build the market. At least it seems like in the last year the US cards have been more productive in developing new fighters.

BTW, don't forget about tournament champ Joe Schilling. German name in origin.

I don't think their efforts in the US markets are based solely on whether they have champs or not. You'll never have champs if you don't build the market. At least it seems like in the last year the US cards have been more productive in developing new fighters.

BTW, don't forget about tournament champ Joe Schilling. German name in origin.

Good points, and I agree about the US fighters showing development as the US cards have become more frequent; I am very excited about Kickboxing growing in the US, every gym in my area seems to have more people every day. Forgot about Joe Schilling winning that tournament. Watching him cry in the ring was kinda uncomfortable, although I understand why he felt so emotional haha.

K-1 Osaka and Glory 68. dark times for Kickboxing fans.

Solid main event. Never heard of the guys in co-main event though.

Solid main event. Never heard of the guys in co-main event though.

Nice to see another Glory card booked so quickly after the Miami card. I always like the Europe cards since they finish before whatever UFC card invariably starts later in the afternoon or early evening and I can watch both without crossover. But in this case there's also a decent Bellator Kickboxing & double billed MMA card from Milan, Italy starting around the same time of the morning in North America, so once again choices have to be made and one event time shifted.

Glory should focus on European market where people crave for Kickboxing, Kickboxing looks so dead in North America

Glory should focus on European market where people crave for Kickboxing, Kickboxing looks so dead in North America

Maybe they get OK money from their UFC fight pass deal?

But yes, maybe they should focus more in the cash cow (Europe) and make more than one Chinese card a year. Kickboxing is more popular than MMA in China, and they have good talent over there.

A Mcgregor vs Yi Long kickboxing bout in China would be like... Biggest fight ever.

Back