What's the best hockey fights you've ever seen?

Off the top of my head these ones.

John was in rough shape not long after this clip. I saw him at Lawrence subway stn on my way to an exam at UofT. He was on the northbound train and stuck in the doorway, drunk, with these 2 absolute dirtbags laughing at him. It was noon midweek. You could see something bad was going to happen to this guy.

John was in rough shape not long after this clip. I saw him at Lawrence subway stn on my way to an exam at UofT. He was on the northbound train and stuck in the doorway, drunk, with these 2 absolute dirtbags laughing at him. It was noon midweek. You could see something bad was going to happen to this guy.

That's sad, poor guy. Died way too young.

There are too many. This is one of my favorites for obvious reasons. Oilers and Flames had some hilarious stuff in the 80s.

There are too many. This is one of my favorites for obvious reasons. Oilers and Flames had some hilarious stuff in the 80s.

lol that's a crazy fight, both throwing punches while lying down on their side. I actually seen this fight years ago. But I totally forgot about it. To be honest I've never seen anything like that before or since. Definitely unique.

I'm curious Dave Brown was not with the Oilers in 84. He came a few years later I guess?

lol that's a crazy fight, both throwing punches while lying down on their side. I actually seen this fight years ago. But I totally forgot about it. To be honest I've never seen anything like that before or since. Definitely unique.

I'm curious Dave Brown was not with the Oilers in 84. He came a few years later I guess?

Yeah he was with the Flyers at that time. Brown and Hunter were fun. I saw this a while back and had a good laugh.

Probably my favorite. Great fight from both guys and loved seeing Tucker get lit up.

Rypien was probably my favorite of the past few decades. Very quick, could switch hands, and also had some solid defense. He'd also drop them with anyone.

Probert for his coke fueled brawls.

But favorite brawl has to be Fight Night at the Joe where Claude Lemieux got delt with...

Semin vs Staal

I'd post the video but I'd for sure get banned for the obscene levels of violence of that bloodbath

Was minor league hockey. Went in person for the Long Beach Ice Dogs. There were like 10 plus goals total and around 7 fights. Best part was everyone on the ice was fighting at some point and then the 2 Goalies stared each other down and decided to throw down at center ice. One goalie took his helmet off the other didn't, iirc the no helmet goalie got the helmet one in a Nolan Ryan-Robin Ventura headlock and was hitting him in the head. Not effective but it was pretty awesome.

Back