Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Line on the Horizon - (2009)

• Songs of Innocence - (2014)

• Songs of Experience - (2017)

• Total voters
War, I think but I love Boy and Achtung Baby. They’ve had some dreadful shit in recent years though.

I love U2 and Bono is one of my husbands. My fav albums are Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby. Songs of Innocence has a good nostalgia factor for me. And I enjoyed the poppy shit that was How to Dismantle and No Line on the Horizon.

U2 is so boring.

I can’t imagine people really, truly like them.

Their music is just highly polished filler.
Who are your favourite bands? I like to think I have a broad spectrum of bands across different genres, I would never think "filler" when I think of U2. We may be be from different age groups.

I love U2 and Bono is one of my husbands. My fav albums are Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby. Songs of Innocence has a good nostalgia factor for me. And I enjoyed the poppy shit that was How to Dismantle and No Line on the Horizon.
Songs of Innocence is what got me mad in love with them again recently.

Anyone have a U2 tattoo? I had a Joshua Tree one done connected to a Depeche Mode one a few few months ago.

15 albums yet real talented musicians like chief true are languishing behind bars.

I almost went Pop but Unforgettable Fire was near perfection released in the mid 80's when a shit ton of the GOATS were at their creative peaks. U2 was no exception

Joshua Tree is their peak, but from War through Pop, including the 2 live EPs , was an amazing run. Zooropa is criminally underrated (which is why I voted for it :))
The first 2 albums lack focus/conviction/hooks, and everything after Pop just feels like a retread.

Who are your favourite bands? I like to think I have a broad spectrum of bands across different genres, I would never think "filler" when I think of U2. We may be be from different age groups.

I like a really wide spectrum of music, Hip-Hop, Bachata, Salsa, Merengue, Classic Rock even some straight up pop music. Pinning down a favorite group or band would be impossible for me. U2 just never did it for me. I don’t think they suck I just don’t find their music captivating in any way. It just always surprised me when I’d see them fill soccer stadiums and people would be passing out and shit.

It kind of turned into that around the early-mid 90s but they were once young and hungry and had something to say.

It’s possible that I just don’t know their better work.

It kind of turned into that around the early-mid 90s but they were once young and hungry and had something to say.

They then ditched Eno and co and went back to their old sound in the late 90's really I think that was the point were they stopped being that interesting, to be fair they still have the odd catchy song for a band their age but they stopped beign a band I could imagine many people truely loving their new work.

From the mid 80's to the mid 90's Eno obviously had a big impact on them sound wisel, keeping them a big fresher not just doing the same thing album after album.

Last edited:
Not a really a huge fan overall, but Joshua Tree is an incredible album.

Plus my parents had it on vinyl when I was little, and it was one my favourites just to open up and look at.

They then ditched Eno and co and went back to their old sound in the late 90's really I think that was the point were they stopped being that interesting, to be fair they still have the odd catchy song for a band their age but they stopped beign a band I could imagine many people truely loving their new work.

From the mid 80's to the mid 90's Eno obviously had a big impact on them sound wise as well, keeping them a big fresher not just doing the same thing album after album.

I thought songs like Vertigo and Elevation were exceptionally empty. They have done better songs since but it was kind of a bad sign when those became their signature hits for a while.

I thought songs like Vertigo and Elevation were exceptionally empty. They have done better songs since but it was kind of a bad sign when those became their signature hits for a while.

You could argue I spose for a band so deep into their career having a couple of fairly bland but catchy shart hits per album wasnt that bad but they obviously arent a patch on their best work previously, they were always a big catchy stadium rock band at heart but managed to be both genuinely epic and often interesting.

Ironic thing is Pop was fucking hated at the time in the UK at the time when we were in the hidously bland grip of britpop but it was the last genuinely interesting thing they did IMHO...

You could argue I spose for a band so deep into their career having a couple of fairly bland but catchy shart hits per album wasnt that bad but they obviously arent a patch on their best work previously, they were always a big catchy stadium rock band at heart but managed to be both genuinely epic and often interesting.

Ironic thing is Pop was fucking hated at the time in the UK at the time when we were in the hidously bland grip of britpop but it was the last genuinely interesting thing they did IMHO...

I liked Pop fine at the time and I still do. Discotheque was a good song and video. Not deep in any way but just as advertised, just well polished and executed pop. There were a couple other good songs on the album...Do You Feel Loved, Staring at the Sun. They are usually good for a couple good songs per album even in their lesser periods, but I don't feel like they've really had a lot that is meaningful to say since before 1990. Sure they still try to say stuff from time to time but they aren't really a voice for anything. Same as anyone else from decades ago...what are Bob Dylan or Peter Gabriel or Bon Jovi really going to talk about these days?

Like Mickey says...

I liked Pop fine at the time and I still do. Discotheque was a good song and video. Not deep in any way but just as advertised, just well polished and executed pop. There were a couple other good songs on the album...Do You Feel Loved, Staring at the Sun. They are usually good for a couple good songs per album even in their lesser periods, but I don't feel like they've really had a lot that is meaningful to say since before 1990. Sure they still try to say stuff from time to time but they aren't really a voice for anything. Same as anyone else from decades ago...what are Bob Dylan or Peter Gabriel or Bon Jovi really going to talk about these days?

Like Mickey says...

I think Actung Baby was the last exellent album them did, again perhaps it wasnt really some experiential masterpiece, more catchy stadium rock with a different sound to it but the album was about 3/4 high quality material, after that you had a few years pushing a similar sound but with less quality then finally selling out and reviving the 80's sound.

I think Actung Baby was the last exellent album them did, again perhaps it wasnt really some experiential masterpiece, more catchy stadium rock with a different sound to it but the album was about 3/4 high quality material, after that you had a few years pushing a similar sound but with less quality then finally selling out and reviving the 80's sound.

Achtung Baby was a very successful album, hit after hit. For me it has a pretty high average level of song but I don't think it actually has any at the level where I ever seek out the song myself to put it on.

All of the next few albums have songs that I would rather hear right now than whatever song I would most want to listen to from Achtung Baby.

I'm probably in the minority. Achtung Baby was an enormous hit. I would say it probably had a higher average level of song than the next albums, just lower peaks for me anyway.

Last edited:
Achtung Baby was a very successful album, hit after hit. For me it has a pretty high average level of song but I don't think it actually has any at the level where I ever seek out the song myself to put it on.

All of the next few albums have songs that I would rather hear right now than whatever song I would most want to listen to from Achtung Baby.

I'm probably in the minority. Achtung Baby was an enormous hit. I would say it probably had a higher average level of song than the next albums, just lower peaks for me anyway.

What do you think of the songs 'So Cruel' and 'Ultraviolet (Light My Way)'?

What do you think of the songs 'So Cruel' and 'Ultraviolet (Light My Way)'?

Both above average songs, quality B sides on a good album. If I were to pick a song from the album to listen to there's a good chance it would be Ultraviolet.

Both above average songs, quality B sides on a good album. If I were to pick a song from the album to listen to there's a good chance it would be Ultraviolet.

Yeah I love Ultraviolet, it's one of my favorites. Have you seen this live version of it?

Amazing imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back