Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Line on the Horizon - (2009)

• Songs of Innocence - (2014)

• Songs of Experience - (2017)

• Total voters
Yeah I love Ultraviolet, it's one of my favorites. Have you seen this live version of it?

Amazing imo.

It's good but my favorite thing about the song is how the chorus evolves with different tracks of Bono singing over himself in different octaves, and that kind of gets sacrificed by necessity in a live performance.

It's good but my favorite thing about the song is how the chorus evolves with different tracks of Bono singing over himself in different octaves, and that kind of gets sacrificed by necessity in a live performance.

That's true.

Easiest answer ever. Joshua Tree is better than all other u2 albums combined

220px-Achtung_Baby.png
Had Acthung Baby on repeat every night for a couple of weeks as a teen. I loved the clash of styles and the poetic lyrics. I feel like "Achtung" is the dark side of Joshua Tree and of the two I prefer it by a hair.

I really feel Bono fell off as a lyricist after Pop which killed a lot of the appeal for me, though I haven't heard their latest stuff.

But it's easy to be critical: the Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby are three great albums. The lyrics, the ensemble playing, the production - love it all.

Pop, Zooropa, War and Rattle & Hum all have great moments and All that you can't Leave Behind has good stuff on it too. Plenty of great bands never produce half as much quality.

Unpopular opinion:

R-137130-1605943579-4410.jpeg.jpg

Easiest answer ever. Joshua Tree is better than all other u2 albums combined
Boy, October and War before they broke out into the proper mainstream with Unforgettable and then took the world be storm with Joshua Tree, were flippin wicked albums.
I got into Joshua Tree first and then bought everything they'd done before, even Wide Awake in America. I was crazy for them.

I even won a speech contest at school talking about them, my mum nearly didn't come to see me because she thought they were IRA supporters.

Boy, October and War before they broke out into the proper mainstream with Unforgettable and then took the world be storm with Joshua Tree, were flippin wicked albums.
I got into Joshua Tree first and then bought everything they'd done before, even Wide Awake in America. I was crazy for them.

I even won a speech contest at school talking about them, my mum nearly didn't come to see me because she thought they were IRA supporters.
After Joshua Tree I would round out top 3 with Actung baby, and Unforgettable Fire. Anything after 91 I really couldn't care less for. But thosex3 albums were really good.

Hard for me to pick, but it's either The Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby.

I got to think about this one.

I'm in agreeance with you, I favour Joshua Tree. Edge is a great guitar player, sure he doesn't shred like Malmsteen (maybe he can) but his ability to use effects to make the simplest things sound huge and complex is amazing.

I'm in agreeance with you, I favour Joshua Tree. Edge is a great guitar player, sure he doesn't shred like Malmsteen (maybe he can) but his ability to use effects to make the simplest things sound huge and complex is amazing.

Yes I think he's a genius guitar player in terms how he can create such beautiful guitar riffs with simple not too complex with his notes. That to me says a lot about the guy abilities to make great music. He may not be technically the best guitarist, but he knows how to create such powerful music.

Yes I think he's a genius guitar player in terms how he can create such beautiful guitar riffs with simple not too complex with his notes. That to me says a lot about the guy abilities to make great music. He may not be technically the best guitarist, but he knows how to create such powerful music.

Absolutely. The thing is I'm sure he has some more advanced skills in his arsenal but he knows subtlety and nuance that's for sure (as a metal fan I really admire that ha ha)

After Joshua Tree I would round out top 3 with Actung baby, and Unforgettable Fire. Anything after 91 I really couldn't care less for. But thosex3 albums were really good.
I screwed that up, she did come to see me after I corrected her.
Give Songs of Innocence a go. Atomic Bomb got me into them again, then they sort of went away, a year or so ago my husband picked up Innocence for me again and I was in love with them again. But they did rule my life for years when I was a kid.
I miss being a teenager and being so affected like that. I think my mum bought me Under a Blood Red Sky on VHS and I watched it every day.

I'd point out Bono's Actung look was nicked from one of the badguys in early 80's French film Diva.

3009.jpg

I screwed that up, she did come to see me after I corrected her.
Give Songs of Innocence a go. Atomic Bomb got me into them again, then they sort of went away, a year or so ago my husband picked up Innocence for me again and I was in love with them again. But they did rule my life for years when I was a kid.
I miss being a teenager and being so affected like that. I think my mum bought me Under a Blood Red Sky on VHS and I watched it every day.

I thought Atomic Bomb was horrible tbh.

Which was the one they forced onto everyone's iPhone? I didn't like that one either.

Back