What's this Admiral cookies stuff?

neverwas

bondage belt
@Silver
Reaction score
The site has become pretty much unusable for me now. If I use my phone every time i change page I have to resubmit my cookie choices, a d on my laptop I can't even open a page, it just goes blue. What gives here?

Similar to @neverwas thread, what's going on with Sherdog?
Every time I access the site I get this Powered By Admiral shit, mobile, laptop and desktop, all have adblockers

This is what I get
Screenshot_20210203-171417.png

And once I'm on there is a padlock constantly bottom right
Screenshot_20210204-093406.png

Something is off right?

Dear Sherdog IT team,

Literally with every page I open, the privacy settings (for GDPR - powered by Admiral), keep popping up. I set my preferences and save & exit. But then I click on something and go to a new page and it pops up again, asking for my preferences. It does this non-stop and probably all the other European users have this same problem. I would like to ask you to take a look at it, because it makes the site unusable.

Untitled.jpg Untitled2.jpg

It's a GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) requirement that affected users (EU and UK) give explicit consent. If you give consent as a condition you won't see the popup anymore.

It's a GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) requirement that affected users (EU and UK) give explicit consent. If you give consent as a condition you won't see the popup anymore.
I set my preferences and save & exit, but it continues to ask for my preferences. If I have to accept all or otherwise see this popup all the time, you are indirectly forcing the users to accept to share all data. What is the use of asking for preferences then? Just because you have to due to GDPR legislation?

When someone sets their preferences, you should not continuously keep asking for consent. What is the point of asking for specific preferences then? You might as well then just say consent to all or you cannot use our service.

Yep there is no escape from it, it constantly comes up on all platforms

I've tried clicking the padlock to use my laptop and nothing hsppens,i just get the spinning shit. Thus has been going on for more than 24 hours.

Get uBlock origin and it gets rid of this Admiral thing. I tried disabling JavaScript and it got rid of the Admiral pop-up but messed up Sherdog. uBlock Origin is working for me.

I usually use AdBlock Plus.

Get uBlock origin and it gets rid of this Admiral thing. I tried disabling JavaScript and it got rid of the Admiral pop-up but messed up Sherdog. uBlock Origin is working for me.

I usually use AdBlock Plus.
Is that Gonna allow me to use sherdog on my laptop, cause nothing I've tried has worked.

Is that Gonna allow me to use sherdog on my laptop, cause nothing I've tried has worked.
Yes, in my case it worked too. Absolutely retarded that you have to have workarounds for stuff like this.

This padlock nonsense is getting annoying as sh!"!... please fix it.

This padlock nonsense is getting annoying as sh!"!... please fix it.
uBlock origin definitely works if you're using windows laptop or desktop, haven't found one for android yet

uBlock origin definitely works if you're using windows laptop or desktop, haven't found one for android yet

You can download uBlock origin for Android but it only works for Firefox. No Bueno for Chrome.

Don't know how to get rid of it on Mac bud, but you can get rid of it on Android if you use Firefox.

Back