What's your 4 favorite Elvis Presley songs?

What's your picks?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Heartbreak Hotel

Hound Dog

Jailhouse Rock

Suspicious Minds

Don't Be Cruel

In the Ghetto

That's All Right

Mystery Train

Love Me Tender

All Shook Up

Can't Help Falling in Love

Blue Moon of Kentucky

Are You Lonesome Tonight?

It's Now or Never

Blue Moon

Return to Sender

Good Rockin' Tonight

Always on My Mind

Little Sister

My grandma’s favorite song. Always gives me goosebumps.

The movie edit is so powerful

My personal favorites would be Suspicious Minds and Unchained Melody

Elvis was a bit before my time but always loved Can't Help Falling in Love and Suspicious Minds feel like both hold up. Didn't see on here but I like A Little Less Conversation and Viva Las Vegas as well.

I am really not a yuge fan of Elvis as a musician, but I find him interesting as a cultural phenomenon. He was basically imitating a style that was forbidden previously, due to political and cultural issues in America, etc. He was more of a Youtuber, imo, than a legit musician, but he sold records, etc. The fact is, he was just a guy who the wimminz loved to watch shake and gyrate his hips on stage.

His management built him into a yuge multi-media star. Then, he got so hopped up on drugs that he died on the terlet, but not before he became pals with, and talked Richard Nixon out of a DEA badge. I enjoy the irony of this on many levels. Hilarious. The man was bold, if nothing else.
Richard_M._Nixon_Meeting_with_Elvis_Presley_%283051704050%29.jpg

332D7A2200000578-3539865-image-a-53_1461181393393.jpg

Elvis wrote to Nixon: "I have done an in-depth study of drug abuse and Communist brainwashing techniques and I am right in the middle of the whole thing where I can and will do the most good."

In the Ghetto, Guitar Man, Unchained Melody (Live @ Ann Arbor ) ,That's All Right

Not much of an Elvis fan but Suspicious Minds is a great song. Fine Young Cannibals do a great cover.

Can't Help Falling in Love. That song my grandfather Poppy loved playing for my grandmother. They loved each other like no other and would always dance together when Can't Help Falling In Love would come on no matter where they were. Sadly, Poppy dropped dead unexpectedly at the age of 72 in 2003 while outside gardening. We do not know what happened to him because my grandmother decided against having an autopsy done. My grandmother is still alive and recently celebrated her 90th birthday. She however suffers from dementia or alzheimer's. My mom recently visited her and took a video of them listening to Can't Help Falling in Love and I can say my grandmothers eyes lit up and it was as if she didn't have any cognitive decline at all. It made me cry seeing her so happy hearing their song. I have to visit sometime soon.
Below is a photo of them on my parents wedding day back in 1977.
OrcbpAp.png

Suspicious Minds
Can't Help Falling in Love
Viva Las Vegas
The Wonder of You

Back