What's Your Next Purchase? V5

If I ever had a Crown Vic I would end up painting it up like the car from the Blues Brothers.

I've also got the itch to build a workbench in the basement of my new house, with my bow press and vise on one end and an eventual reloading rig on the other. The problem is, I'm not handy for shit.

I've also got the itch to build a workbench in the basement of my new house, with my bow press and vise on one end and an eventual reloading rig on the other. The problem is, I'm not handy for shit.

They sell diy kits for work benches. You literally just have to decide on a size, measure, then cut wood and assemble it.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/workbench-legs-kit-with-shelflinks?a=207081

94506m4_ts.jpg

94506_ts.jpg

94506i_ts.jpg

Last edited:
What's not to like?

Having two different trigger pulls, of course. I prefer more consistency, but if that's what you like, that's what you like.

What service did you need?

Presumably just a detail strip; we're not actually allowed to go past a field strip and basic cleaning. Nothing feels that different other than some initial, short-lived "slickness".

Having two different trigger pulls, of course. I prefer more consistency, but if that's what you like, that's what you like.

Presumably just a detail strip; we're not actually allowed to go past a field strip and basic cleaning. Nothing feels that different other than some initial, short-lived "slickness".

To me it's the same trigger pull because I always use SA, but kinda like having DA as an option.

Hard to believe your pistol needs more than that basic cleaning.

Trying to talk someone out of buying a Tavor. Sigh.

just got my 2A Armament Aethon receiver set in. Now i gotta find a kick ass handguard to pair it with. its close between an SLR or V Seven offering...

Trying to talk someone out of buying a Tavor. Sigh.
I really want a Tavor or MDR... and then I see the price point and my brain is like "that's like... a RIA 2011 and a Glock with money left over for extra mags."

I own a Tavor and I'm considering selling it, the only thing stopping me is that I know I'll take a bath when I do, especially since the x95s came out. It's just a weird gun to me, I guess I'm much more familiar and comfortable with an AR-style, in a semi-auto.

I just don't see the point in spending so much money on something that's still 5.56. And bullpup triggers suck so that's another $350 to drop on a replacement trigger.

I just don't see the point in spending so much money on something that's still 5.56. And bullpup triggers suck so that's another $350 to drop on a replacement trigger.
It makes more sense if you're Canadian; ARs are generally registered, range-only toys that require permission to transport.

Tavors aren't. We've actually had them longer than you guys have.

You can almost get a SCAR in 7.62 for that price though. An SR15 is cheaper too.
I think it’d be stupid to spend money on. I just like how more bullpups are coming out so maybe someone somewhere can make one that isn’t super fucking expensive

It makes more sense if you're Canadian; ARs are generally registered, range-only toys that require permission to transport.

Tavors aren't. We've actually had them longer than you guys have.
But the Tavor looks even scarier than an AR!

I think it’d be stupid to spend money on. I just like how more bullpups are coming out so maybe someone somewhere can make one that isn’t super fucking expensive
Desert Tech is some fly by night company anyhow. Good luck getting parts.
IWI does make a 7.62 Tavor now. Don't the MSRP.

Desert Tech is some fly by night company anyhow. Good luck getting parts.
IWI does make a 7.62 Tavor now. Don't the MSRP.
I can't imagine what that feels like to shoot, the .223 already has an odd sensation, with the action being so close to your face; not painful, just annoying.

I can't imagine what that feels like to shoot, the .223 already has an odd sensation, with the action being so close to your face; not painful, just annoying.
Same barrel length too.
I will say the 7.62 SCAR shoots like a dream though and has less recoil than an AK47 variant.

Back