What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Not a purchase exactly. But if all goes well, tomorrow I'll have a new (to me) Benelli M3. That and a wad of cash. Some other gent will have a new (to him) Barrett 82.

I have nickel boron, nitride, phosphate, and one bcm fde(ion bonded). Can't say I've had an issue with any of them. Some may get a little dirtier than others but other than that nothing. I just make sure that I buy from a reputable company.
couldnt say. i got a .300 blk shorty that i fire suppressed 100% of the time. its a carbon nightmare but still runs very well and has never given me issues. ive never run a standard BCG suppressed hard though so i dont have a personal sample to go by.

My AR-9 has an iron city rifle works eclipse BCG and i run that suppressed and with a binary a lot too. THAT bolt stays clean. like to a suspicious degree.

couldnt say. i got a .300 blk shorty that i fire suppressed 100% of the time. its a carbon nightmare but still runs very well and has never given me issues. ive never run a standard BCG suppressed hard though so i dont have a personal sample to go by.

My AR-9 has an iron city rifle works eclipse BCG and i run that suppressed and with a binary a lot too. THAT bolt stays clean. like to a suspicious degree.
Franklin armory binary?
Kinda want to try one....just to play with.

Finally got around to taking the safety course and have sent off the application for my permit so i'll be joining the gun owners club very shortly. I was already browsing around my local Cabela's and the Benelli SBE3 looks like the beast i'll start my collection with. Looks fairly simple and as a 12ga shotty goes it seems to have good reviews.

Found out I need to take a whole different course and permits before I can start collecting hand guns so the desert eagle I want is still a long way off. :(

Finally got around to taking the safety course and have sent off the application for my permit so i'll be joining the gun owners club very shortly. I was already browsing around my local Cabela's and the Benelli SBE3 looks like the beast i'll start my collection with. Looks fairly simple and as a 12ga shotty goes it seems to have good reviews.

Found out I need to take a whole different course and permits before I can start collecting hand guns so the desert eagle I want is still a long way off. :(
Canadian?

You plan on starting your collection with a 12ga and Desert Eagle? [/Kermit]
Well not really, I won't be able to get any pistols until I can get a restricted permit. The 12ga just looks cool and has good reviews as far as I can tell. I plan to collect for display and some target shooting so my second gun will probably be some type of Remmington rifle.

The Desert Eagle has just always appealed to me since I first saw it in films and i've had the itch to own one for years.
MQSUAfP.jpg

You got to admit, that's one sexy piece of hardware.

Well not really, I won't be able to get any pistols until I can get a restricted permit. The 12ga just looks cool and has good reviews as far as I can tell. I plan to collect for display and some target shooting so my second gun will probably be some type of Remmington rifle.

The Desert Eagle has just always appealed to me since I first saw it in films and i've had the itch to own one for years.
MQSUAfP.jpg

You got to admit, that's one sexy piece of hardware.
Just saying, looks like you're starting your collection at a bit of a financial deep end. Nevermind the cost of the gun, 12 ga and magnum pistol cartridges can be pretty expensive to shoot. You also have to factor range memberships into it, because you can't just transport a restricted firearm onto Crown Land and shoot it.

When I was a kid, I liked the Desert Eagle too, but that's a "lottery gun" in my mind. But if you can afford it and you enjoy it, who am I to talk you out of it?

If you like sending two rounds downrange pronto then it's the trigger for you.
I just really want one as a novelty thing is all....my rifles have good triggers in them. I'm just not ready to drop $400 on a novelty item.

I swapped the Barrett 82A1 for the Benelli M3 and cash. The ol' collection is now much less tough. :(

Got the M3 (mostly) cleaned up and properly finger-fucked. Some minor marks from sitting in the safe. Looking at the bolt face it appears unfired. The barrel told another story. Dude didn't clean it out, but whatever. I'd be cleaning it regardless. Well, there's some stubborn gunk in there. Not sure if that's powder residue that sat so long and turned into caked on crud or what. There was some on the bolt carrier, but nothing a pick couldn't handle. Neither the boresnake nor the brush fully removed all the shit from the barrel. :mad:

I'll get 'er out to the range next rip and see about shooting it clean. Maybe some rifled slugs will do. :)

Are controlled pairs a novelty? :cool:
No...but I'm not really sure wtf I even need or want it for. Just to play around. I generally prefer nice 2 stage triggers....and sometimes a good single stage.

I did watch some videos of the Franklin armory binary trigger empty a mag faster than a full auto. Was pretty cool.

No...but I'm not really sure wtf I even need or want it for. Just to play around. I generally prefer nice 2 stage triggers....and sometimes a good single stage.

I did watch some videos of the Franklin armory binary trigger empty a mag faster than a full auto. Was pretty cool.

There's almost certainly no need for it. Can't imagine not wanting one though. :D

Mag dumps are cool, but get old and expensive. Making the steel go "ping-ping" is where it's at.

There's almost certainly no need for it. Can't imagine not wanting one though. :D

Mag dumps are cool, but get old and expensive. Making the steel go "ping-ping" is where it's at.
Truth be told....I will probably end up with one. Just because I can.

Truth be told....I will probably end up with one. Just because I can.

I'd get while the getting's good. Fucking cocksucker Vegas shooter got 'em banned here.

Beyond price there's some differences between the Franklin and the Fostech. You need a full-auto carrier with the Fostech, but that also makes it so you're not outrunning the carrier. Not sure it's guaranteed, but harder to do than with the BFSIII. So heads up if you're thinking about swapping around uppers with one of them. For the Echo, there's aftermarket springs that supposedly make a big difference. Am told the disconnecter spring (I think) is the one that makes the real difference. I put one in due to the reviews but haven't tried out the trigger yet. Couldn't tell you what it was like before the spring change.

I suggest pairing one with a .22lr upper and a 50 round drum. That may be picky with ammo. I've seen good results with this.

1169.jpg

Back