What's Your Next Purchase? V5

I'd get while the getting's good. Fucking cocksucker Vegas shooter got 'em banned here.

Beyond price there's some differences between the Franklin and the Fostech. You need a full-auto carrier with the Fostech, but that also makes it so you're not outrunning the carrier. Not sure it's guaranteed, but harder to do than with the BFSIII. So heads up if you're thinking about swapping around uppers with one of them. For the Echo, there's aftermarket springs that supposedly make a big difference. Am told the disconnecter spring (I think) is the one that makes the real difference. I put one in due to the reviews but haven't tried out the trigger yet. Couldn't tell you what it was like before the spring change.

I suggest pairing one with a .22lr upper and a 50 round drum. That may be picky with ammo. I've seen good results with this.

1169.jpg
I will have to read up on them some more....I honestly don't know much about them.

winchester-ra556b-ranger-spread.jpg

winchester-ra556b-ranger-upsets.jpg

Got a HD round I've been looking at for a while. Most sites have it restricted to LE/Mil and the others that don't have it for like double the price. Finally found it unrestricted at a normal price.

I think there is only one other HD I am looking for now. It's restricted everywhere I've seen it. Gunbroker had it for double but I'm not paying that.

5.56 53gr GMX TAP Patrol

1410995649-5-56-NATO-53gr-GMX-TAP-Patrol-packaging.jpg

1410995650-81275-5-56-NATO-53gr-GMX-TAP-Patrol---sectioned-bullet.jpg

81275.jpg

winchester-ra556b-ranger-spread.jpg

winchester-ra556b-ranger-upsets.jpg

Got a HD round I've been looking at for a while. Most sites have it restricted to LE/Mil and the others that don't have it for like double the price. Finally found it unrestricted at a normal price.

I think there is only one other HD I am looking for now. It's restricted everywhere I've seen it. Gunbroker had it for double but I'm not paying that.

5.56 53gr GMX TAP Patrol

1410995649-5-56-NATO-53gr-GMX-TAP-Patrol-packaging.jpg

1410995650-81275-5-56-NATO-53gr-GMX-TAP-Patrol---sectioned-bullet.jpg

81275.jpg
What do you think of Hornady Critical Defense and Speer Gold Dot?

I have Gold Dots in my Glock 19 but I’ve never really messed around with self defense rifle rounds.

The gold dots 64/75, 64 gr bsb and 62 gr tbbc are great hd/hunting rounds. Large expansion, deep penetration. Great barrier rounds, such as auto glass, doors, etc.

So depending on your purposes it might not be the hd round for you due to the penetration/barrier performance.

Just got my latest stamp back....e-filed 1/26 and approved email today.

I will have to read up on them some more....I honestly don't know much about them.

Personally I like the BFSIII for its simplicity and ability to slap whatever upper on and make it run. I think you can find it a little cheaper than the Echo II.

Back