What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Primary Arms with the SAVE12 deal again

TA44-C-400306_02.jpg

TA44-C-400306_03.jpg
I thought about this a few weeks back when they had 12% off. Ended up with the razor gen 2 hd E instead. Absolutely love it and the geissele mount. Taking it with me this Friday through Monday to Pennsylvania for a coyote hunt. Hopefully I can bag something. Supposed to be 17 degrees at night.

I thought about this a few weeks back when they had 12% off. Ended up with the razor gen 2 hd E instead. Absolutely love it and the geissele mount. Taking it with me this Friday through Monday to Pennsylvania for a coyote hunt. Hopefully I can bag something. Supposed to be 17 degrees at night.

Yeah I really like it and decided on trying red version for my 10.5 build. If I prefer the green I'll move the green to the 10.5. I might get the 1-10x24 later this year depending on sales prices. We'll see.

I'm going to finish my 300 blk in a couple months when Radian releases their new barrels. I'll need to decide on an optic for that. I'll probably move a few on it and decide. I like the MRO and price but the parallax is noticeably worse than aimpoint. Aimpoint is crisper, clearer but double the price.

Good luck, that should be some brisk hunting.

Yeah I really like it and decided on trying red version for my 10.5 build. If I prefer the green I'll move the green to the 10.5. I might get the 1-10x24 later this year depending on sales prices. We'll see.

I'm going to finish my 300 blk in a couple months when Radian releases their new barrels. I'll need to decide on an optic for that. I'll probably move a few on it and decide. I like the MRO and price but the parallax is noticeably worse than aimpoint. Aimpoint is crisper, clearer but double the price.

Good luck, that should be some brisk hunting.
I have an MRO but haven't had enough time behind it to judge it properly. I still have aimpoint micros but don't see myself getting any more. Kinda want to try an m5....I read really good things about it.

Let me know how the red and green compare. I'm normally partial towards red.

I have an MRO but haven't had enough time behind it to judge it properly. I still have aimpoint micros but don't see myself getting any more. Kinda want to try an m5....I read really good things about it.

Let me know how the red and green compare. I'm normally partial towards red.

For me just moving my head a bit you can see the dot move all over. The aimpoint is much better in this regard imo.

Will do, the red acog is backordered for 1-3ish weeks.

The M5 is what I'd likely be most interested in as well. Maybe another micro.

I really wish aimpoint would make some different reticles. Primary arms/holosun have a acss set up that I'd like. I don't want a Chinese optic though.
Reticle.jpg

Actually with my mild astigmatism this would probably be a mess

For me just moving my head a bit you can see the dot move all over. The aimpoint is much better in this regard imo.

Will do, the red acog is backordered for 1-3ish weeks.

The M5 is what I'd likely be most interested in as well. Maybe another micro.

I really wish aimpoint would make some different reticles. Primary arms/holosun have a acss set up that I'd like. I don't want a Chinese optic though.
Reticle.jpg

Actually with my mild astigmatism this would probably be a mess
Does the eotech bother your astigmatism at all?
I know some don't care for them but the exps is still one of my favorites.

Tbh it's been a while since I've used one. Next time I go out I'll ask my buddy to bring his.

Mine isn't too bad, mild star bursting but on something like the acss red dot it wouldn't be great now that I think about it. The Chevron would be blobish.

Tbh it's been a while since I've used one. Next time I go out I'll ask my buddy to bring his.

Mine isn't too bad, mild star bursting but on something like the acss red dot it wouldn't be great now that I think about it. The Chevron would be blobish.
I know I've read that people with astigmatism often don't have issues with the eotech.

I know I've read that people with astigmatism often don't have issues with the eotech.

I don't remember having an issue with them. I just like that the aimpoint will run for years. It's a good option I might go with.

Especially considering the 300 blk bdc
blkout%20ballistic.jpg

I don't remember having an issue with them. I just like that the aimpoint will run for years. It's a good option I might go with.

Especially considering the 300 blk bdc
blkout%20ballistic.jpg
That looks pretty awesome. I like my aimpoints but as I get older the eotechs are just easier for me to use.

Hopefully I can find some free time while away to mess the the MRO some more.

When Eotech was replacing all their old optics I chose just to keep my two XPS3's. Not too worried about extreme cold shifting POI.

I have an astigmatism and have never had any issue with my Aimpoint PRO.

I kinda want to get the Vortex Razor holo for my 10.5 build but I can’t warrant it cause I have an Aimpoint on my 14.5 and an MRO sitting on nothing currently.

Anyone try Mantis X? I'm almost tempted to ditch my plan of replacing my SP-101 with a GP100 and instead picking up a SIRT pistol and Mantis X.

Anyone try Mantis X? I'm almost tempted to ditch my plan of replacing my SP-101 with a GP100 and instead picking up a SIRT pistol and Mantis X.

Yeah it's interesting. Personally I think a red dot on the pistol helped me most. I was able to see my movements live in real time. The mantis shows you what you did but you aren't actually observing it while firing. So unless you recognize what you did while the mantis confirms it or if the suggestions help you it is just ok. If your grip or something is incorrect that won't really fix it. Maybe try to find someone with one. Or hell maybe it will do more for you than me. It also wasn't accurate everytime. The app showing different hits than my target. Idk try to find more independent reviews. I've seen some great and bad reviews before a friend got one on sale for like $90.

Idk the sirt I feel like the same can be accomplished with dry fire and dry fire with a laser round. Plus it's your actual pistol. Have you tried the wall drill? Basically it's dry fire about a cm from a wall focusing on your front sight. It can help you detect movement in your take up, fire, reset. The thing is though I don't think dry fire answers everything. It certainly helps a lot. However I was able to shoot bullseyes with laserlyte targets all day when I wasn't that great live fire. It doesn't necessarily 100% translate to real world imo. There is no reason to anticipate recoil, flinch, adjust grip or anything like that while dry firing. But I still feel like it obviously helps greatly.

Back