What's Your Next Purchase? V5

I'm leaning towards marlin or Henry. I dont know much about lever guns, this will be my first foray into the cowboy gun life. So to bridge the gap, I want to build or buy a modular lever gun lol

6i6b350dwap51.jpg

Any particular model?

@Chesten_Hesten didn't you somewhat recently get one?

Yes i have one like this in 45-70

Its a fine rifle if you enjoy taking a beating.

I have exactly 20 shots through mine with little intention to shoot more unless im charged by an elephant or something!

wm_3779268.jpg

They should have a special forces cqb competition where the make'em clear rooms with these.

Aftet all it was our issued military round.

In 1890s!

Guess I should have scheduled my appointment to apply for a permit a couple weeks ago. March 9th is the date. So maybe in a month I can pick it up. :rolleyes:

Next purchase will be a handguard for the AR10. I might get both my Mk18 and the Mk12 clone done around the same time. Now I just need the BCG and charging handle for the Mk12 clone and all it woul dneed is some mags and it can go bang.

Just got another sba 3. I'm sending it back, the thing has atrocious tolerances. The thing rattles like a fucking maracas.

I'm now rethinking making a joint purchase of a 45-70 with my son. His little weenie ass just bought a 20 gauge using the cop-out of the kick of a 12 gauge. Lmao boooooy you dont want to come within a country mile if you're scared of a 12 gauge. And the dumb bastard supposedly bought it as a home defense weapon, so what does he do? Gets a fucking 26" barrel. The liberal influences are melting his once sharp brain.

Just got another sba 3. I'm sending it back, the thing has atrocious tolerances. The thing rattles like a fucking maracas.
They don't all do that? I assumed mine did because I used the buffer tube i already had installed. I had some sticky shims from an SI stock I used to tighten it up a bit

They don't all do that? I assumed mine did because I used the buffer tube i already had installed. I had some sticky shims from an SI stock I used to tighten it up a bit

I have others that are tight and solid. I'm not accepting that wobbly pos.

I checked it on 4 buffer tubes including the one it came with I didn't plan on using.

Edit

Well just looked on their site.

What if the buffer tube fit is too tight or loose?
When it comes to installation on buffer tube-equipped pistols, be aware that pistol buffer tubes don’t have a standard diameter so the initial fit may be too tight or too loose. The cavity on the brace is ideally suited to buffer tubes with diameters ranging from 1.1″ to 1.25″, which covers the vast majority of commercially available tubes.
Tight: If your initial fit is tight and you have difficulty mounting the brace, try a light application of talc or baby powder on the tube and in the cavity.
Loose: If your initial fit is too loose, wrap the buffer tube in electrical or duct tape to the desired thickness.

This pisses me off tbh. Also the polymer on this one is different from my others. It's rougher and it came with some sharp burrs on it.

I took a sba3 off and tried it on the other tubes and it's tight on all of them. The new one fits like a worn out whore on all of them.

Last edited:
I'm now rethinking making a joint purchase of a 45-70 with my son. His little weenie ass just bought a 20 gauge using the cop-out of the kick of a 12 gauge. Lmao boooooy you dont want to come within a country mile if you're scared of a 12 gauge. And the dumb bastard supposedly bought it as a home defense weapon, so what does he do? Gets a fucking 26" barrel. The liberal influences are melting his once sharp brain.

Ooof and ooof.

Yeah one shot of the 45-70 and he'll never shoot it again lol.

Ooof and ooof.

Yeah one shot of the 45-70 and he'll never shoot it again lol.
What he'll do is have me shoot first, watch it, and say naw I'm good. I told him I was doubting the purchase and he said if he doesn't like it ill take sole ownership of it. So, may be worth it to get a nice lever gun for half price

i presume he has a sweet balcony, though.

Thinking about getting an MDRXSE but I’m wary of the history of the original MDR.

The SE is side eject instead of the unreliable forward eject. And you don’t need any sort of conversion to switch it from right to left. They’re about the same price as an X95.

Sounds like an improvement. So about $1900?

What makes 'em better than a Tavor?

Back