What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Latest purchase was a mixed bag of mags....ak(circle 10 and Bulgarian steel), p320, xdm elite, g48, p365.

I ordered the Tikka, now I gotta get a set of rings and another bipod (and maybe even sling) for it. The Primary Arms Orion will have a new host soon, which hopefully means a full freezer come fall.

There's a guy at work who kinda wants a scout, I'll take him out to shoot mine, to see how much he really likes it.

<seedat>

Change my mind.

tenor.gif

It's probably the lightest option available is it not?

It's probably the lightest option available is it not?
Not that I put much thought into that, but I imagine so. Just figured that if they don't include a picatinny or Weaver rail with the gun, I might as well skip that bullshit and try out a one piece unit. I guess a dovetail is machined on the top of the receiver, but fuck that noise.

I ordered the Tikka, now I gotta get a set of rings and another bipod (and maybe even sling) for it. The Primary Arms Orion will have a new host soon, which hopefully means a full freezer come fall.

There's a guy at work who kinda wants a scout, I'll take him out to shoot mine, to see how much he really likes it.

<seedat>

I read an article years ago about the scout. If I recall, it was designed for the Canadian Rangers, which is almost like game wardens mixed with Nationa Guard who live in rural backwoods Canada. Wanted one ever since. Cool gun. Found a Ruger Gunsite Scout recently, but holding out for the real thing.

I read an article years ago about the scout. If I recall, it was designed for the Canadian Rangers, which is almost like game wardens mixed with Nationa Guard who live in rural backwoods Canada. Wanted one ever since. Cool gun. Found a Ruger Gunsite Scout recently, but holding out for the real thing.
The previous Canadian government was looking to replace the Rangers' Lee Enfields approached Ruger to purchase the design and spec of the Gunsite Scout, but to be produced locally, by Colt Canada. Ruger told them to pound sand. Tikka played ball, thus the C-19.

The T3x Arctic is basically identical to the actual C-19 rifle, but it's not cheap.

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/87880

Some CZ P10C mags
AR10 mags (KINDA want the Lancer 20 rounders cause they have steel feed lips)
AR10 BCG
Charging handle

Save up for a nice Strike Eagle FFP from Vortex down the line for the AR10.

Bought two 20 round Lancer mags for my AR10. Mags are such a beast to come across right now I'm going to just stick with these two for now since my intention with this gun is for bench shooting/fun prone shooting/learning precision (I know I know precision shooting should be done from a bolt @Mike Hagger is having a mental break from this) but I want a semi-auto fun long range gun too.

Bought two 20 round Lancer mags for my AR10. Mags are such a beast to come across right now I'm going to just stick with these two for now since my intention with this gun is for bench shooting/fun prone shooting/learning precision (I know I know precision shooting should be done from a bolt @Mike Hagger is having a mental break from this) but I want a semi-auto fun long range gun too.
Haha no way dude, you can absolutely hold sub moa groups with a gasser. But it ain’t the easiest thing to do. Drop a nice trigger in it and a silent capture spring, jp bolt, good brake, there’s ways to make a gas gun be lights out with a little less recoil. But you really got to hammer the fundamentals, gas guns make you pay for those simple mistakes!

Haha no way dude, you can absolutely hold sub moa groups with a gasser. But it ain’t the easiest thing to do. Drop a nice trigger in it and a silent capture spring, jp bolt, good brake, there’s ways to make a gas gun be lights out with a little less recoil. But you really got to hammer the fundamentals, gas guns make you pay for those simple mistakes!
Got an RA-140 single stage trigger in mine and will be putting a Dead Air Keybrake on it. The spring is just barebones right now but I can always upgrade later.

I started this project by buying the barrel almost 7 years ago before 6.5 really took off.
Nice dude, I’ve got a few 308s. Ammo is always plentiful, for practice I have definitely burned through a ton of 175 federal gold medal matches. Plus that barrel will last a long time even if you send 4-6 round rapidly. I like 308 for general blasting.

Back