What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Had a professional install my sights for me for $20. Also added an extended mag release, extended slide release, and an extended slide lock release. Bought another 50 rounds of fmj brass at the gun shop. What do you guys think of steel vs brass? I hear steel gets dirty faster but not a big deal if you clean a lot.

124858.jpeg

124859.jpeg

Next up is a larger order of ammo, either 500 or 1000 rounds. Then a light, probably a surefire.

Last edited:
nightforce-atacr-1-8x24-f1-scope-left.jpg

nightforce-illum-fc-dmx-reticle.jpg

NF_FC-DMx-1x-white-bg.png

Had a professional install my sights for me for $20. Also added an extended mag release, extended slide release, and an extended slide lock release. Bought another 50 rounds of fmj brass at the gun shop. What do you guys think of steel vs brass? I hear steel gets dirty faster but not a big deal if you clean a lot.

View attachment 870157

View attachment 870158

Next up is a larger order of ammo, either 500 or 1000 rounds. Then a light, probably a surefire.

Steel is dirty, will lead to increased part wear, etc.

But it's fine to practice with out of a glock. By the time something breaks the money saved shooting steel would easily pay for an extractor or whatever. Just clean it more and inspect stuff a bit more carefully.

View attachment 870157

View attachment 870158

Why Surefire? Streamlight makes excellent products for around $100.

So after my hunt on Saturday (The first time we went back at night) I decided to buy some Infrared digital binoculars, I know a lot of you guys will say thermal is better but the majority of shooting we're doing is less than 70 yards away, We basically just need to have a look before we light the area up to confirm that something is indeed there, I bought my own electronic hearing noise cancelling headphones, not quite $900 quality but they'll do the trick and then one of the other airforce boys says "I can probably just get a pair from work for you" well I'll take em if they do haha.
I also bought a straight pull Adler Shotgun.
adler%20b220aw%207-shot%20web.jpg

On the weekend passed I used one of these and it was simply too awkward for me to handle properly. I felt the stock was just an inch or two too long and the fore grip was an inch or two too far away. But it's not my shotgun so I'm not gunna ask him to change thing around. So I thought it would be easier to just buy my own.
BERIKA-TAC-OPS.jpg

I remember @RerouteToRemain recommending surefire. I also remember you or someone else mentioning streamlight. I'll have to look into that. If the quality is high, why not
Surefire is great too, but you're paying a premium for the brand.

So after my hunt on Saturday (The first time we went back at night) I decided to buy some Infrared digital binoculars, I know a lot of you guys will say thermal is better but the majority of shooting we're doing is less than 70 yards away, We basically just need to have a look before we light the area up to confirm that something is indeed there, I bought my own electronic hearing noise cancelling headphones, not quite $900 quality but they'll do the trick and then one of the other airforce boys says "I can probably just get a pair from work for you" well I'll take em if they do haha.
I also bought a straight pull Adler Shotgun.
adler%20b220aw%207-shot%20web.jpg

On the weekend passed I used one of these and it was simply too awkward for me to handle properly. I felt the stock was just an inch or two too long and the fore grip was an inch or two too far away. But it's not my shotgun so I'm not gunna ask him to change thing around. So I thought it would be easier to just buy my own.
BERIKA-TAC-OPS.jpg
The front site is on backwards.

I remember @RerouteToRemain recommending surefire. I also remember you or someone else mentioning streamlight. I'll have to look into that. If the quality is high, why not

Surefire is great but it's definitely a premium. Also for ccw streamlight probably makes better more compact stuff for that.

Looking at the Shadow Systems MR920 combat. Anyone here got one?

Back ordered a Badger Ordnance condition one modular mount 34mm, 1.70

bo-comm-1-70-blk-2.jpg

bo-comm-1-70-blk.jpg

mounts.jpg.optimal.jpg

This parts shortage sucks.

I'm waiting on a 11.5 handguard to get in stock as well. Thing is, even when it drops I'll be lucky to get it and I refuse to pay scalpers.

XQEWNCw.jpg

1x
j6UgPQi.jpg

3x
1mxtSB1.jpg

8x
T59YzeM.jpg

This thing is so nice. Glass incredibly clear. Color accuracy and light transmission is fantastic. It gets very bright. This is setting 3 out of 10. My cell phone obviously doesn't do this justice.

I can see the reticle at 1x and 2x but I feel 3x is where you can quickly and comfortably use the holds which is what I expected.

Looking forward to that badger mount shipping so I can actually test it.

If anyone if looking for a good deal on optics check out spartan precision arms. Email Marc there.

I got a very nice price on that atacr compared to what I've seen elsewhere. Also free 2 day shipping with no sales tax. Excellent price and customer service. Ordered Monday it was here Wednesday.

Last edited:
1700 for a revolver, yikes.

Idk I've spent that on pistols before but revolvers aren't my thing.

Any reason for a 9mm revolver vs a magnum?
I already own a .357 but I hardly shoot it because ammo is hard to find here and expensive when I do.

I can get 9mm from work.

But as usual, probably tire-kicking from me again.

Back