When boxers get EMBARRASSED by kickboxers

I'm always impressed with the balls on boxers who come into kickboxing or into mma etc, but god bless their thin legs, elastic knees, and tiny jackdaw ankles.

I was hoping this video would be kickboxers going into boxing and winning!

I'm always impressed with the balls on boxers who come into kickboxing or into mma etc, but god bless their thin legs, elastic knees, and tiny jackdaw ankles.

I was hoping this video would be kickboxers going into boxing and winning!

There are several examples of these: Klitchko, Povetkin, Briedis, Drozhd, etc.

Undefeated Kickboxing world champion gets EMBARRASSED by Boxers.

I'm really not sure why people feel the need to showcase their sport defeating another one lmao. It's pointless we're all getting CTE together.

Honestly I've noticed a decent chunk of the time when a good boxer goes up against a good kickboxer

The boxers will win the early rounds and maybe get a knockdown but then the leg kicks start kicking in, the boxer gets absolutely dominated

Honestly I've noticed a decent chunk of the time when a good boxer goes up against a good kickboxer

The boxers will win the early rounds and maybe get a knockdown but then the leg kicks start kicking in, the boxer gets absolutely dominated
Don't think I've ever seen a fight where an evenly matched boxer went up against an evenly matched kickboxer. It's always some washed up boxer, or low level guy getting into kickboxing

This is a surprisingly good thread.
Strong arguments and humor.

Well done gentlemen!

I believe I have a good chance at beating mayweather Jr and pacquaio at Monopoly and Cluedo...LOL

Gotta feel bad for Art Jimmerson as he did two crossover fights & lost badly in both. But I also have to question his decision-making abilities as he did no proper preparation for either.

Of course, everyone remembers his poor showing in UFC 1 vs Royce Gracie. But a few years before that he met kickboxing legend Don "The Dragon" Wilson in a mixed bout in which he was stopped by Wilson via leg kicks. And if I remember the article that I'd read recounting the fight correctly ( I believe it was in Black Belt magazine back when I subscribed back in the '80s-'90s ), Jimmerson was quoted afterward as saying that had no idea that leg kicks would be allowed.

Of course, had the situation been reversed I'm sure that Jimmerson would have likely KO'd Wilson in a boxing match. As Wilson did have a brief pro boxing career in which he went 4-2. He beat four clubfighters ( three by KO ) but was knocked out twice when he stepped up in opposition a bit.

Another kickboxer turned boxer was Rick "The Jet" Roufus. Who unlike Wilson actually had some middling success as a boxer. Winning a minor WBC Continental Americas cruiserweight title. He finished 13-5-1 ( 11 KOs ).

Other notable kickboxers who held titles in both sports are James Warring & Troy Dorsey.

Gotta feel bad for Art Jimmerson as he did two crossover fights & lost badly in both. But I also have to question his decision-making abilities as he did no proper preparation for either.
Well you can only question his decision-making abilities if you make the assumption that he was there to win. But if he had no interest in winning, and was only interested in getting paid, then it makes sense.

Of course, everyone remembers his poor showing in UFC 1 vs Royce Gracie. But a few years before that he met kickboxing legend Don "The Dragon" Wilson in a mixed bout in which he was stopped by Wilson via leg kicks. And if I remember the article that I'd read recounting the fight correctly ( I believe it was in Black Belt magazine back when I subscribed back in the '80s-'90s ), Jimmerson was quoted afterward as saying that had no idea that leg kicks would be allowed.

Of course, had the situation been reversed I'm sure that Jimmerson would have likely KO'd Wilson in a boxing match. As Wilson did have a brief pro boxing career in which he went 4-2. He beat four clubfighters ( three by KO ) but was knocked out twice when he stepped up in opposition a bit.

Another kickboxer turned boxer was Rick "The Jet" Roufus. Who unlike Wilson actually had some middling success as a boxer. Winning a minor WBC Continental Americas cruiserweight title. He finished 13-5-1 ( 11 KOs ).

Other notable kickboxers who held titles in both sports are James Warring & Troy Dorsey.

I have to wonder if it was just ignorance, people believed in the rock'em sock'em robots style vs style thing back then

Back