When to break a partner’s arm

The referee should've stopped it when he grunted and when he heard the sound. In fact, I think referee's should stop matches more often when a break is about to occur.

I thought he would.... he was supposed to, the grunts count as a verbal tap.

I don’t need to read that article, I usually try to break a partner’s arm once a week.

It’s my fun way of keeping everyone on their toes.
That's dumb.

Surely breaking their heels would be a better way to keep them on their toes???

I injured a training partner in HS wrestling once. Looking back I feel way worse about it than I did as a kid. Although he was kinda in over his head.

He tried to join for the first time in his senior year and just kinda hoped to get on because seniors tend to be bigger and stronger, but it was like his 3rd practice and he's a casual out there trying to have fun while I was a seasoned wrestler trying to keep my position on the team. I picked a single and he's hopping around so I kicked his leg out a little too hard and messed up his ankle. It didn't break or dislocate, but he was out for the full season. I don't regret keeping my spot on the team, but I wonder if I might not have pulled it off more delicately.

How is a road rage assault not legit self defense situation?

When I say legit self defense, I’m referring to an armed assailant or multiple attackers. Life on the line.

One on one and unarmed, your skill should be able to defuse the situation. You don’t need to escalate. If you escalate, you’re gonna have to go through the courts to explain that it’s self defense. Possibly have to hire an attorney. For what? Unless the guy is much bigger, you’ll look like the bad guy if you are unscathed but the assailant is battered. Better to subdue and keep your calm.

I popped a guy's ankle with a straight footlock in a tournament recently. I knew I had it and I applied it slowly but powerfully, and it was like a Rice Krispy - snap, crackle, pop. He made a grunting sound, I immediately let go, but then he got up and kept coming at me. After the match he tells me he wished he would've tapped.

wtf dude.

that’s his own fault.

When I say legit self defense, I’m referring to an armed assailant or multiple attackers. Life on the line.

One on one and unarmed, your skill should be able to defuse the situation. You don’t need to escalate. If you escalate, you’re gonna have to go through the courts to explain that it’s self defense. Possibly have to hire an attorney. For what? Unless the guy is much bigger, you’ll look like the bad guy if you are unscathed but the assailant is battered. Better to subdue and keep your calm.
Lmao good luck getting into position to do the break against an armed opponent or multiple opponents.

Idk what world you're living in where you think you'll come out of a real no shit fight completely unscathed...unless you're fighting a 12 yr old who took daddy's car for a joy ride...

That's dumb.

Surely breaking their heels would be a better way to keep them on their toes???

giphy.gif

next class will be fun

Lmao good luck getting into position to do the break against an armed opponent or multiple opponents.

Idk what world you're living in where you think you'll come out of a real no shit fight completely unscathed...unless you're fighting a 12 yr old who took daddy's car for a joy ride...

clearly you skimmed what I wrote and didn’t retain much. I didn’t say go for an arm bar in a self defense situation. My point is that anything goes.

To your second point, I’m living in a world where I’ve subdued people unscathed. You know jiu jitsu works, right?

clearly you skimmed what I wrote and didn’t retain much. I didn’t say go for an arm bar in a self defense situation. My point is that anything goes.

To your second point, I’m living in a world where I’ve subdued people unscathed. You know jiu jitsu works, right?
Lots of stuff works, but whatever you say.
It was said on the Internet so it must be true

Lots of stuff works, but whatever you say.
It was said on the Internet so it must be true

Jiu jitsu works at subduing people without having to hurt them. Meaning I get to walk away unscathed without a police record. Karate works by beating the piss out of someone. I prefer jiu jitsu.

I injured a training partner in HS wrestling once. Looking back I feel way worse about it than I did as a kid. Although he was kinda in over his head.

He tried to join for the first time in his senior year and just kinda hoped to get on because seniors tend to be bigger and stronger, but it was like his 3rd practice and he's a casual out there trying to have fun while I was a seasoned wrestler trying to keep my position on the team. I picked a single and he's hopping around so I kicked his leg out a little too hard and messed up his ankle. It didn't break or dislocate, but he was out for the full season. I don't regret keeping my spot on the team, but I wonder if I might not have pulled it off more delicately.
Wrestling has to be one of the hardest sports to get into late. Even for extremely athletic people. There were a couple guys who were star athletes that went out for wrestling and ended up not lasting at my school. Combat sports have that learning curve where, no matter what you were before it, you're probably going to suck at it for a certain interval when you first take it up.

Jiu jitsu works at subduing people without having to hurt them. Meaning I get to walk away unscathed without a police record. Karate works by beating the piss out of someone. I prefer jiu jitsu.
Whatever you say

There is no scenario where you should hurt your training partner

I just see red and do it

Dude just why would you even? This is a ridiculous question. No one is even supposed to get hurt when training, unless an accident occurs.

Back