When will bjj stop evolving?

I don't think that there's a lot more spectacular evolution to come. It will be a lot of little revolutions that adds up and makes other things way better.

Danaher is credited with the leglock system but a lot of people made it better over time. The backside 50-50 attacks from Lachlan Giles was just as innovative and efficient but it looked less spectacular than when the DDS came with it.

Like the Danaher systems especially back attacks and leglocks was spectacular. Just like De La Riva, Deep half, Spider guard, D'arce Chokes, berimbolo, Lapel stuff... were something big and new at one time.

Maybe some other big things will happen someday but a lot of the better guys are on efficiency and linking techniques a lot more than they are on new techniques .

I know that Danaher is pretty big on scrimaging ( transitions from takedowns to dominant positions on the ground). The best guys games are pretty simple, based on a couple of techniques but always faster and slicker.

It's start to look like a big Pokemon card game. It's not who as the funkiest new trick up his sleeve, it's more about who built the best game and who does it the more efficiently
Am I old as fuck in thinking Ryan Hall revolutionized leg locks before Danaher did?

I will take the opposite viewpoint of most posts and say BJJ will never stop evolving.

Think of basketball now, it is a long range shooter’s game. Before it was a centers game or a mid range shooters game.

BJJ will continue to evolve as athletes and rules evolve.
Probably more cyclical than a linear evolution.

For as long as everyone has different body types, it'll keep evolving, albeit slower. People will still mess about to see what works best for them. Furthermore, nothing changes things up in a sport like rules changes. If there's a rules change, look for shakeups

The next evolution will be to insert vibrating, bluetooth connected anal beads in your cornhole, and have an AI coach give instructions via certain vibration patterns which you and your tech team have worked out beforehand.

It'll be almost like watching robots grapple. The vibrating anal beads futures market is actually really going places, and I'm creating a commemorative NFT. DM me, you will get RICH!!!

The next evolution will be to insert vibrating, bluetooth connected anal beads in your cornhole, and have an AI coach give instructions via certain vibration patterns which you and your tech team have worked out beforehand.

It'll be almost like watching robots grapple. The vibrating anal beads futures market is actually really going places, and I'm creating a commemorative NFT. DM me, you will get RICH!!!

<36>

From this
01.jpg
kodokan-kano.jpg

To this
<{clintugh}>
54037dbirutz.png

wan_sho.jpg

<mma4>
Judo>BJJ

Back