Where did all the heavy kicks go?

Kanka

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Just a couple of years ago plenty of the top fighters seemed to have really heavy kicks.

I'm talking Konsak, Singdam, Kaimukkao, Petpanomrung, Nong-O, you name it.

Nowaday we have guys like Panpayak, Superlek, Rungkit, Kaonar, Tawanchai who seem to be quite hard kickers. But i get the feeling just not quite as hard. For instance i feel like Kongsak had a harder kick at 130 lbs than Superlek at 130 lbs.

Am i totally biased or is there some truth in my observations? Who are the best or hardest kickers today? Mostly just want to get a discussion going lol

The best has got to be Panpayak with Superlek and Pet-U-Thong right there. we can't really tell about the hardest though. I saw more than one person from within Muay Thai circuit praising Tawanchai's kicks too. He did seem to win a lot of fight with heavy kicks (Sangmanee, Ferrari, Kulabdam).

This is not going to be a popular opinion but it could have to do with current stadum Thais' physique, which appear less muscular and leaner than many older legends.

It could also be related to the fact that current MT is possibly less oriented towards hurting your apanyent than it is about scoring points / off balancing your apanyent?

This is not going to be a popular opinion but it could have to do with current stadum Thais' physique, which appear less muscular and leaner than many older legends.

It could also be related to the fact that current MT is possibly less oriented towards hurting your apanyent than it is about scoring points / off balancing your apanyent?
Scoring change all the time .
Each Era got their own criteria .

I'm just comparing with 5-8 years back though... Lanky fighters like Petchboonchu and Yodwicha were fighting back then.

Comparing with the golden age, I think it's to do with the way they actually throw a kick. Comparing to 5 years ago? It might just be a while until the next really hard kicker comes around. Even if you look at the 'golden age' it's not like every fighter was a monster power kicker. I imagine we're probably just in a bit of lul until the next monster kicker comes along.

What the hell do you know about Golden Era ?
You don't know anything , less can give any meaningful opinion .
you don't even know what they are saying in the fight lmao .
Just sit down and watch boy .

Whatever kid, enjoy trolling while you're still here

Is that all you got ?
No wonder you should stay with those MMA fans .
You're clearly either 12 years old, or have the emotional maturity of a 12 year old. This forum has actual muay thai fighters and coaches, myself included, your digital roleplay isn't impressive. Grow up and stop threatening people on these threads before you get yourself banned. Until then, you're not worthy of another reply.

You're clearly either 12 years old, or have the emotional maturity of a 12 year old. This forum has actual muay thai fighters and coaches, myself included, your digital roleplay isn't impressive. Grow up and stop threatening people on these threads before you get yourself banned. Until then, you're not worthy of another reply.
Coach ? Of what fitness mom ? hahaha !
I actually gave a voice to Golden era great , you're knowledge is next to nothing .
Here is my work thus far

Coach ? Of what fitness mom ? hahaha !
I actually gave a voice to Golden era great , you're knowledge is next to nothing .
Here is my work thus far

Are you "8 limbed warrior nak muay"? Isn't vrx @verrix youtube channel?

Either way it makes no sense to act the way you act, nobody will listen if you keep up with that childish troll attitude, regardless of your knowledge about the golden era. It would just be smarter to behave normally and more people will listen to you.

Either way it makes no sense to act the way you act, nobody will listen if you keep up with that childish troll attitude, regardless of your knowledge about the golden era. It would just be smarter to behave normally and more people will listen to you.
He started the thing in the Full-Contact treat .

Keep in mind fighters then also kicked differently:

Apidej jumps into his kick quite a lot. Samkor did too. You don't really see modern fighters do this as much. There was more focus on power by any means necessary in older muay thai, today there's a more careful approach, like what you said, point scoring and balance.

BTW just finished Samransak Vs Coban really good work on my part ( compared to most other ) but it is on the Heavy Hitters channel .
Here it is

Yeah, he's definitely '8 limbed warrior nak muay' on YouTube. He seems to think translating videos means something. I was literally taught by a golden age fighter lol, but he immediately went on the attack because I called him out on how he was treating other posters.

Side note: shout out to Steve Armstrong, we'd all know a lot less about Muay Thai without him archiving basically everything.

Keep in mind fighters then also kicked differently:

Apidej jumps into his kick quite a lot. Samkor did too. You don't really see modern fighters do this as much. There was more focus on power by any means necessary in older muay thai, today there's a more careful approach, like what you said, point scoring and balance.

My grandfather knew Apidej .
He would ask his boss of a break and said that the wanted to go see Apidej train .
Upon seeing Apidej he asked : Can you please kick the bag for me ?
Apidej said : How much do you want .
My grandfather replied : 5 in a row .

Apidej would stand rock solid and he launched 5 monsters kicks , my grandfather said that those were the most powerful kick he has ever seen ever .
Apidej kicking leg never hit the ground .
His body flexibility and bio-mechanics were flawless ,
My great old man watched Muay Thai for 60 years .
Only two guys comes close to Apoidej in kicking power : Payuth "White Stalion" Udomsak and Pud Pad Noy "The Golden legged Pig" Worrawut .

Back