Where do Fury/Canelo/Golovkin/Loma/Errol Spence/Terrence Crawford belong in the best of the decade??

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Fury. 30-0-1. Errol Spence 27-0. Terrence Crawford 37-0. Golovkin 41-1-1. Lomachenko 12-2(87-1 am) Canelo 54-1-2.

Everyone was acting like Loma was all time GOAT, then he loses once again and no one seems to be on his bandwaggon anymore. Kinda like Golovkin after he lost to Canelo.

If we're asking were they some of the great fighters in that era- Canelo, Golovkin and perhaps Lomachenko- yes. Some would argue Crawford but his resume is flimsier than Lomachenko's aside from being undefeated.
Fury would is a great HW but not one of the best P4P of the era.

All of them are worth to watch, nothing more beautiful than mastery. Just enjoy the art, people who lived in the past century didn't have your luck bro.

Roman Gonzalez is a good pick; I hope he hasn't hurt his legacy by holding on too long. What do you guys think? I generally like to look at fighters when they are at "their best", that's why I don't count the losses to SSR against him. Add JFE and they are the "three little kings" for me. SSR might have the wins over JFE and Gonzalez, but I don't think he has the legacy long-term.

I am a bigger fan of GGG than Canelo, but Canelo has the better resume for sure. He is the fighter of the decade for me. Wins over many title holders, beat GGG, Mosely, and Cotto (three no doubt HOF fighters) defended titles at (4?) weight classes, and honestly looks like he is still improving to me. There's nobody else that comes all that close to his level of success in the 2010's in my opinion.

I generally like to look at fighters when they are at "their best", that's why I don't count the losses to SSR against him. Add JFE and they are the "three little kings" for me. SSR might have the wins over JFE and Gonzalez, but I don't think he has the legacy
JFE beat SSR in the rematch.

1. Canelo
2. Golovkin
3. Fury
4. Crawford
5. Loma
6. Spence
This but without Crawford and Spence. Both guys need some sort of defining win. Kell Brook ain't making anyone great.

I think Crawford beats Spence which is impressive since he started at lightweight.

Roman Gonzalez is a good pick; I hope he hasn't hurt his legacy by holding on too long. What do you guys think? I generally like to look at fighters when they are at "their best", that's why I don't count the losses to SSR against him. Add JFE and they are the "three little kings" for me. SSR might have the wins over JFE and Gonzalez, but I don't think he has the legacy long-term.

I am a bigger fan of GGG than Canelo, but Canelo has the better resume for sure. He is the fighter of the decade for me. Wins over many title holders, beat GGG, Mosely, and Cotto (three no doubt HOF fighters) defended titles at (4?) weight classes, and honestly looks like he is still improving to me. There's nobody else that comes all that close to his level of success in the 2010's in my opinion.
Roman and JFE are non negotiable IMO. Just too many big names on their records and too much dominance. SSR has a strong case too. He has more big names on his resume than Spence or Crawford or Loma do.

If we are talking 2010 to 2020 Canelo and Ward are probably going to be the names that are tossed around the most.

#1: Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Wins over: Mosley, Ortiz, Cotto, Guerrero, Canelo, Maidana x2, Pacquiao, Berto

You know, I really hadn't thought about him, lol. Yeah, I think those are all this decade too. Good pick if we are including retired fighters.

Back