Opinion Where do you draw the line on gun regulation?

blaseblah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Where iyo opinion should the line be drawn on gun ownership? I think everyone agrees that civilians should not be allowed to own nukes. I think most reasonable people would conclude that civilians should not own armed drones. The current debates are around assault weapons. Where do you draw the line on weapon ownership? I'm personally fine with assault weapons.

I think owning a handgun should be harder than owning a shotgun, rifle or an assault weapon. The vast majority of gun violence is committed with handguns because they are much easier to conceal than larger weapons for people seeking to commit crimes. This statistical point gets ignored by Democrats whenever they talk about gun regulation. Biden's solution to gun violence was to propose an assault rifle ban which would probably accomplish nothing. What if any gun regulation would you be in favor of?

Where iyo opinion should the line be drawn on gun ownership? I think everyone agrees that civilians should not be allowed to own nukes. I think most reasonable people would conclude that civilians should not own armed drones. The current debates are around assault weapons. Where do you draw the line on weapon ownership? I'm personally fine with assault weapons.

I think owning a handgun should be harder than owning a shotgun, rifle or an assault weapon. The vast majority of gun violence is committed with handguns because they are much easier to conceal than larger weapons for people seeking to commit crimes. This statistical point gets ignored by Democrats whenever they talk about gun regulation. Biden's solution to gun violence was to propose an assault rifle ban which would probably accomplish nothing. What if any gun regulation would you be in favor of?
Why do you think people need assault weapons?
I'm all for protecting yourself and your property if you go through stringent mental health checks etc, but why do you NEED an AR15?

It's uncomfortable for a lot of people to acknowledge but we all know where the vast majority of gun violence is coming from. The issue isn't with guns as it is the people actually handling these guns, and very few of these people are actually carrying these guns legally.

Cities like Chicago, St Louis and Baltimore have a gun problem like London has a knife problem

Why do you think people need assault weapons?
I'm all for protecting yourself and your property if you go through stringent mental health checks etc, but why do you NEED an AR15?

Why do you need a handgun when they cause more gun violence than assault weapons? Why won't a rifle or shotgun suffice?

If you're going to ban anything first it should be handguns.

It’d be nice if there was wasn’t a surplus of guns out there that are non registered.

Slightly Off topic: hate to say it but I have a unique take on guns. If it was up to me, all guns would be banned and sucked up into the air via giant magnet. Not even criminals in America would have them.

Being 6’ 1” 210lbs with 20 years of BJJ/wrestling/MMA experience.... I’d automatically be in the top 1% dangerous humans in America.

Documented mental health issues.

What about when it comes to weapon power? What is the max power level you would want everyday citizens to have the right to own? I'm guessing it probably doesn't go all the way up to nukes.

Remember fingerprint activation from the movies. Cmon it's 2021 we can definitely do that shit now.

What is the max power level you would want everyday citizens to have the right to own?

A GPMG, although the FOPA of 1986 has put them (way) out of reach for 'everyday citizens'. I tentatively plan on legally acquiring an M60 regardless.

It’d be nice if there was wasn’t a surplus of guns out there that are non registered.

Slightly Off topic: hate to say it but I have a unique take on guns. If it was up to me, all guns would be banned and sucked up into the air via giant magnet. Not even criminals in America would have them.

Being 6’ 1” 210lbs with 20 years of BJJ/wrestling/MMA experience.... I’d automatically be in the top 1% dangerous humans in America.

Who approved your account on here dude? That's at least 5 inches and 60lbs below the Sherdog account minimum.

What about when it comes to weapon power? What is the max power level you would want everyday citizens to have the right to own? I'm guessing it probably doesn't go all the way up to nukes.

If you have a clean criminal record, and are willing to take whatever testing etc. is needed, I think you should be able to own whatever you want.

Nukes is silly though. Grenade launcher ?

<{jackyeah}>

The fact is, governments disarming their people tends to work out badly.

Why do you need a handgun when they cause more gun violence than assault weapons? Why won't a rifle or shotgun suffice?

If you're going to ban anything first it should be handguns.

The argument about rifles over guns is the idea that apparently it's easier to kill a lot of people with a rifle, so citizens shouldn't have them.

I have no idea.

I kinda feel like anything that can be considered "small arms" should be fair game for civilian use. So, basically anything from handgun to light machine-gun.
The problem isn't the weaponry though, it's the quality of people. If you have low-quality people, then violence is going to increase. Add guns to those low quality people, and the efficiency of violence will also increase.

Honestly, if you produce high enough quality people, then you may as well let them have RPGs.
Nukes are obviously silly because of the scale of damage an accident could cause.

But otherwise, gun control is basically a government's way of saying "we suck at facilitating the development of people, so you're trash and we can't trust you."
You'll notice that much of what is supported by the Western left has the same underlying message: "We produce trash. Deal with it."

Last edited:
If you have a clean criminal record, and are willing to take whatever testing etc. is needed, I think you should be able to own whatever you want.

Nukes is silly though. Grenade launcher ?

<{jackyeah}>

The fact is, governments disarming their people tends to work out badly.

What is the line though? Based on your post it is somewhere between nuke and grenade launcher for you.

Statistically “assault weapons” (which is a laughable term) are rarely used in crime, so why regulate them anymore than they already are?

When we’re taking about the so called “epidemic” of gun violence and suicides we’re talking about handguns here.

Mass shootings aside, we already know and have a very good treatment for gun violence and that is to punish criminals and have vigilant policing. Unfortunately this is not palatable to liberals, even though the very harsh, conservative approach to crime has won out the argument easily. We’re hitting levels of safety we haven’t seen in forever and yet liberals want to tell us that actually abortions decreased crime (because of all those black babies they killed) LOL among other excuses.

And to be clear, some of these explanations like removing lead from the environment while not the main explanation, have elements of truth to them.

Wanting a gun is a mental illness.

Availability of guns is part of what makes people trash in the first place.

Every dickless dweeb knows he doesn't have to back his mouth up with his fists so he acts the asshole off the power rush.

Having so many guns is what makes USA such a fear based society. It's the same vibe in parts of Africa. You know life is cheap and every person you meet can kill you.

Wanting a gun is a mental illness.

Availability of guns is part of what makes people trash in the first place.

Every dickless dweeb knows he doesn't have to back his mouth up with his fists so he acts the asshole off the power rush.

Having so many guns is what makes USA such a fear based society. It's the same vibe in parts of Africa. You know life is cheap and every person you meet can kill you.

whats your position on government and police having guns?

Russia has a good policy. Can get shotgun age 18 and stun guns, muzzleloaders, lever actions all at age 18. Prove yourself and then you can get rifles at like age 22

Cant get handguns easily at all

Back