Opinion Where do you draw the line on gun regulation?

When was the second amendment written?

charle.jpg

I've legit carried a gun damn near every day for the last 12 years. Whether at work, in Afghanistan with the Army or off duty.

I dont think felons should have guns, you commit gun crimes you get punished to the full extent possible and thats about it.

Commit a gang shooting, minimum 20 year sentence.

Almost agree with you. Unfortunately, felonies cover way too many things. You can get felonies for the smallest stuff, and it varies state by state. In California having a front grip on your AR-15 will get you a felony. In Idaho, having a little bit of weed on you is a felony. Those things shouldn't even be crimes. And there are plenty of other felonies that should be misdemeanors. Or heck, at least create something in between felony and misdemeanor. Smoking weed or driving an ATV into protected wilderness (violation of the Federal Wilderness Act) shouldn't be grouped under the same category as rape and murder.

Does that take into account the number of people who own rifles as opposed to handguns?

If handguns are incredibly prevalent it follows that they're used in more murders.

From my cold dead hands?

How about we start with not giving the Taliban surface to air missles...

That's where I draw the line. How about we don't supply the worlds terrorists with guns the taxpayers bought then tell me I need to give up mine...

A pack of vicious little fuckers armed with bricks, beer bottles, and knives they've pissed on will quickly make you wish they could have just shot you to death :D
Wouldn't even need a pack. 95% of humans would succumb to two attackers. But at least I'd have a chance to run or grab a weapon myself. Also most attacks only involve one on one situations. So the odds would still be boosted in my favor.

So criminals are the LAST people that should have their guns taken away?
huuuuh? hmmmm Not sure why I made it sound like that. But obviously criminals would be the last to turn them in. Am I right?

Which will only be relevant in 1 on 1 situations.
True. % odds would still be raised in my favor though. No answer in perfect in these hypothetical situation.

You can take the toughest guy in prison able to beat anyone 1 on 1 and he's going to get fucked up when they send 3 or 4 guys at him at once.
well... yeah true. And I'll take your word for it about prisons. I've never been to one myself.

Almost agree with you. Unfortunately, felonies cover way too many things. You can get felonies for the smallest stuff, and it varies state by state. In California having a front grip on your AR-15 will get you a felony. In Idaho, having a little bit of weed on you is a felony. Those things shouldn't even be crimes. And there are plenty of other felonies that should be misdemeanors. Or heck, at least create something in between felony and misdemeanor. Smoking weed or driving an ATV into protected wilderness (violation of the Federal Wilderness Act) shouldn't be grouped under the same category as rape and murder.
you are wasting your time, cops dont understand nuance.

Glad it isn't up to you . . .
uuuummm ok. Just saying gun deaths would go down astronomically. But lets keep things how it is. Apparently you're cool with how things are going now. As right-wind as I am... I am not as NRA friendly as you are.
and what do you mean by "non-registered"? Who should be registering what and why?
When cops find the murder weapon at the scene of the crime and can't match the serial numbers up to anyone since it was never registered to anyone. Or the person it was registered to died 20 years prior.

some 5'4" manlet would still be able to kill you if he was good with a sword or battle axe if guns were gone. some 5'5" mexican ganster killed a 6'2 guy here because he stabbed him with 3.5" gas station knife he didn't even need the gun.
Never said death due to attack is no longer possible. Just saying the % chance of dying due to random attacks would greatly decrease for me and... actually everyone. The examples you mentioned are pretty rare and would be more able to avoid if on foot. The average person can outrun a person with a battle axe but not a bullet.

Last edited:
Does that take into account the number of people who own rifles as opposed to handguns?

If handguns are incredibly prevalent it follows that they're used in more murders.
Can’t have it both ways, Mr Private Discord.

True. % odds would still be raised in my favor though. No answer in perfect in these hypothetical situation.

well... yeah true. And I'll take your word for it about prisons. I've never been to one myself.
Neither have 1. But I watch a lot of documentaries and first hand accounts. Lots of "fresh out" of prison type podcasts and youtube channels these days.

uuuummm ok. Just saying gun deaths would go down astronomically. But lets keep things how it is.

You're blaming the gun instead of the criminals . . . maybe read this article for a better perspective.

Apparently you're cool with how things are going now.

I don't relish people dying due to firearms, but I'm not willing to give mine up to make you feel better . . .

As right-wind as I am... I am not as NRA friendly as you are.

Not sure what that has to do with anything . . . I might be an NRA life member, but they're on their way out when it comes to leading charge for gun rights. Several other organizations are much better off and provide more benefits.

When cops find the murder weapon at the scene of the crime and can't match the serial numbers up to anyone since it was never registered to anyone. Or the person it was registered to died 20 years prior.

We don't register guns in the US. Buyers complete a 4473 with the gun model and serial number that LEOs can request a trace to determine who was the original buyer.

Personally, I'm good with most of the current rules and regs on guns.

I'm good with fully automatic weapons being regulated as they are now.

The NFA is such a worthless piece of legislation . . . needing to go through the red tape to complete the purchase of a suppressor and how they view a rifle with an 11" barrel as a much more deadlier weapon than a rifle with a 16" barrel is ridiculous.

I do wish there was a national permit to carry obtainable by qualified citizens.

I wish the 2A would be viewed as that across the board.

I do wish Federal Tax Stamps for suppressors could be amended to add additional suppressors to the record without having to start the entire process over again.

See NFA comments above. :)

I think the un-serialized 80% gun market is a bit nebulous and unnecessary, and that bump stocks are a cheap gimmick but that's just me.

What's not to like about having the ability to build your own firearms? I'm not a fan of bump stocks, but if folks want to own one that's up to them.

I wished people cared more about the fundamentals of marksmanship and revered discipline of weapons rather than how cool they think the things looks and how they can post a video like some dickhead.

Yep. Same here.

huuuuh? hmmmm Not sure why I made it sound like that. But obviously criminals would be the last to turn them in. Am I right?
Haha I know you didn't mean it. I was just giving you shit because it sounded funny the way you worded it.

Yeah i see what you mean for sure.
I'll be more specific then. Violent felony ie ADW, Felony DV, rape, murder, etc.

Reactions: MT7
You're blaming the gun instead of the criminals . . . maybe read this article for a better perspective.
OH I blame the criminals first and foremost. I'd rather deal with a criminal that doesn't have lead projectiles zipping towards me faster than I can move.

I don't relish people dying due to firearms, but I'm not willing to give mine up to make you feel better . . .
Forget about me. What about all the other folks out there that have died due to firearms? What about them?

Not sure what that has to do with anything . . . I might be an NRA life member, but they're on their way out when it comes to leading charge for gun rights. Several other organizations are much better off and provide more benefits.
There's other gun rights orgs out there? ok cool.

We don't register guns in the US. Buyers complete a 4473 with the gun model and serial number that LEOs can request a trace to determine who was the original buyer.
Register, enter into a system, complete a 4473 etc etc etc. Whatever you call it. Either way, you know what I meant.

Back