Where does Conor rank on all time goat lists?

Hes a guy who was in the right place at the right time and is milking his celebrity for all its worth. Can't fault the guy for making a good living but as an elite fighter he's more middle of the road

He doesn't. He's a good fighter no doubt. But talking your way into undeserved title fights, then never even attempting to defend them..........

His was also a gift. He didn’t deserve a shot another title in a diff weight clsss at all. He had great performances against Aldo and Alvarez, no doubt. But he didn’t deserve a shot at the 155 belt.

He beat the champ in both divisions, gifting a title shot means nothing if you cant beat the man.

There arent many 2 division champs in ufc history. He achieved greatness.
I wish kabib and jones would go up also.

He doesn't.

I45 list is only one he's relevant in.

He beat the champ in both divisions, gifting a title shot means nothing if you cant beat the man.

There arent many 2 division champs in ufc history. He achieved greatness.
I wish kabib and jones would go up also.
It’s definitely a great achievement. But when we’re talking about GOAT lists or GOAT achievements, the context matters. Aldo essentially cleaned out the FW division and Dana wouldn’t let him fight for another belt. Cormier defended the LHW belt several times, won the HW belt and defended that too. GSP defended the WW belt for years. Conor defended the FW belt 0 times, won the LW belt and defended it 0 times.
Would Conor have been in a position to get that shot if he’d had to defend the FW belt 4-5 times first? We’ll never know, but I suspect not,

Im surprised slot of people don’t respect his FW run. Maybe it’s hindsight but those names are crazy asfuck

Yes, he is most definitely an all time top 10 fighter.

It’s definitely a great achievement. But when we’re talking about GOAT lists or GOAT achievements, the context matters. Aldo essentially cleaned out the FW division and Dana wouldn’t let him fight for another belt. Cormier defended the LHW belt several times, won the HW belt and defended that too. GSP defended the WW belt for years. Conor defended the FW belt 0 times, won the LW belt and defended it 0 times.
Would Conor have been in a position to get that shot if he’d had to defend the FW belt 4-5 times first? We’ll never know, but I suspect not,

Afaik he never called out the 155 champion, now if you can post a link quoting him it will change my mind.

Gsps unwillingness to fight anderson was a flaw in his greatness. However since he did go up and beat the man who knocked out rockhold, i put him higher than connor.

I put dc in the champ champ list also, along with cejudo.

Connor did something very few people in the ufc did. He was champ champ, simple as that.

Gsp, cormier, cejudo are greater champ champs, but conner is in that exclusive club.

Last edited:
Afaik he never called out the 155 champion, now if you can post a link quoting him it will change my mind.

Gsps unwillingness to fight anderson was a flaw in his greatness. However since he did go up and beat the man who knocked out rockhold, i put him higher than connor.

I put dc in the champ champ list also, along with cejudo.

Connor did something very few people in the ufc did. He was champ champ, simple as that.

Gsp, cormier, cejudo are greater champ champs, but conner is in that exclusive club.
I’m at work so if I had time I could probably find a better link than this one
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mm...ana-white-not-afraid-fight-anthony-pettis-mma
My recollection is that José wanted to fight for the 155 belt and Dana shot it down, saying there were still contenders to fight at FW despite José having already defended a shitload of times.

Very much agreed on all points...

Thing is, lots of people shit on gsp's mw belt. But the fact is that bisping had enough power to knock out rockhold. He definitely could have done the same to GSP.

Dana actually told Aldo he would need to drop the FW belt in order to fight Pettis who was the LW champ.

F*king Dana...
giphy.webp
:mad:

Last edited:
Back