Where does Conor rank on all time goat lists?

Top 20. The never defend thing def hurt him.

Whichever way you look at it, he's #1.

If you're talking business and the effect he's had on the sport, it's a no-brainer. He's the most famous fighter, made the most money, brought in most new fans, and been most entertaining.

If you're talking titles, rankings, and records, it's more debatable, but a case could be made that he's #1. First ever champ-champ. Stellar list of names. 20 out of 22 wins by finish.

If you're talking simply being GOAT fighter, then Conor is likely #1. He's the best lightweigtht of all time, and lightweight is the best division. By far the best striker in MMA history, with the best precision striking, knockout power, a great chin, great TDD, very good on the ground, and can fight going forwards or backwards. Cardio is pretty much the only negative.

↑↑↑
jW-nVhp8eVD6Gj02kRhCGfP-ucIyTaR9K-u2cEyR-Wv8qlf-xBK1JfURDcCV68TXoNstSVLo10k0kiA29Cn51imMJGxoCXJUWXXXmAAWZhS7q4kgGwsve52Z0GAqvQfNJrsVKIF73ndww-9x4K7bPTsIpricqLjkFv1m
Your post is full of fake news Conor was built on Smoke & Mirrors red carpeted to his success under UFC wizardry. Any chump can win a belt but only a true Champ can defend one Cage Warrior LW belt never defended, UFC FW/LW belt never defended any GOAT status earned falls under popular people and modern media categories under actual GOAT fighting not in sight...

When I say he's the best lightweight of all time, I'm referring to skills and styles, not records. He does the best against the rest of the division, of all fighters.

Got up repeatedly against Mendes, escaped guillotine, swept Diaz, sub loss was due to cardio and complacency on the feet, and he contained Khabib better than most on the ground.
At the end of the day, we’re fans; so if you like his style I’m cool with that. I do too. Conor is an aggressive, very good striker who goes for the kill.
But when you say he’s very good on the ground, we should be able to list fighters he out-grappled. But there aren’t any. Every loss he’s ever had is on the ground. Shinya Aoiki, B.J. Penn, and Nate Diaz are LWs who are good on the ground. Conor is not particularly good.
“Most precise striker” is a statistic that’s actually measured. And whether you meant most precise ever, most precise in the UFC, or most precise LW ever, Conor isn’t at the top of that list.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, we’re fans; so if you like his style I’m cool with that. I do too. Conor is an aggressive, very good striker who goes for the kill.
But when you say he’s very good on the ground, we should be able to list fighters he out-grappled. But there aren’t any. Every loss he’s ever had is on the ground. Shinya Aoiki, B.J. Penn, and Nate Diaz are LWs who ate good on the ground. Conor is not particularly good.
“Most precise striker” is a statistic that’s actually measured. And whether you meant most precise ever, most precise in the UFC, or most precise LW ever, Conor isn’t at the top of that list.
He's clearly skilled on the ground. I'm not saying he's of the level of Aoki, Penn, or Diaz. But the stuff I listed is evidence of his skill.

In saying he's the most precise, I'm not just referring to strikes landed, but how/where strikes land. He's very good at targeting the spots that hurt opponents.

Conor is the GOAT because he made the most bank?

<{cruzshake}>

wtf is this, the money channel?

If you're talking business and the effect he's had on the sport, it's a no-brainer. He's the most famous fighter, made the most money, brought in most new fans, and been most entertaining.

If you're talking titles, rankings, and records, it's more debatable, but a case could be made that he's #1. First ever champ-champ. Stellar list of names. 20 out of 22 wins by finish.

If you're talking simply being GOAT fighter, then Conor is likely #1. He's the best lightweigtht of all time, and lightweight is the best division. By far the best striker in MMA history, with the best precision striking, knockout power, a great chin, great TDD, very good on the ground, and can fight going forwards or backwards. Cardio is pretty much the only negative.

That’s a load of shit

Maybe top 25. If he beat Gaethje, Ferg, and somehow beat Khabib, he’d be much higher.

Top 5 for sure. If he beats Gaethje this summer and beats khabob in a rematch, #1. He made not one but two champs look like amateurs.

I’m thinking 20 or so.

You have to put a GIANT asterisk next to everything after the Aldo fight because of the severe special treatment he got.

There are quite a few fighters who would have been able to be “champ champ” if the UFC had given them the opportunity Conor got to skip the line and retain his FW belt for over a year without defending, and do so without giving FW goat and 9 year boss Aldo a rematch.

And let’s be honest, Eddie Alvarez was one of the weakest LW champs in recent times.

Conor and GSP picked off weaker champs without earning their title shots.

If Anderson or Aldo had been given the opportunity to fight the weakest champ above during their reign, they would have been the first “champ champ.” Look at how dominant they were over Forest and Frankie fighting them immediately after their championship reigns.

So the whole “going up and winning a title is > defending” is bullshit if it was done by taking cherrypicked opponent’s instead of fighting the most dangerous opponent, which is what the #1 contender should be ( or close to it).

....because he has held belts in different weight classes in the UFC that puts him on very short list.

It's a short list because wining two belts used to be nearly impossible as you actually had to earn another title shot. Now though the UFC will just gift people a title shot in another division while letting him not defend his own belt.

Literally any champ in history could have won a second belt if the UFC had treated them the same way as Conor. Shit, look at how many people have done it in the past couple years. It's nothing special.

Posts like this are why Conor fans are universally considered mentally unhinged.

Best LW of all time?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

It's a short list because wining two belts used to be nearly impossible as you actually had to earn another title shot. Now though the UFC will just gift people a title shot in another division while letting him not defend his own belt.

Literally any champ in history could have won a second belt if the UFC had treated them the same way as Conor. Shit, look at how many people have done it in the past couple years. It's nothing special.
We disagree, I think that Jones may actually be the Goat but I am not sure he takes the next belt up (he might, but I need to see it first.) if he has not their is no reason to think anybody else can . If they have they are HOF bound.

Top terrorist in the UFC.

Back