Where does Kurt Angle stand among the greats?

Dude really can do any type of character (any combination of comedy/badass and heel/face) and wrestle anyone in any style of match.

Top 5 easily.

Dude can probably switch personas better than anyone in the game..Foley may be the only other one.

Overall I put him above HBK, and his ring work is damn near Hart level, and mic work is Damn Good...

I was sure they were trying to bury him with some of the comedy stuff, but he embraced it and stayed over.

Last edited:
If there was a wrestling pyramid I'd put him on the second level just below the top.

That would be my list as well. All are 10/10 performers in their primes, it's just a matter of personal taste.

The fact he could carry Shane through a hardcore match one month, put on a technical clinic with Benoit on another, then do a moonsault off the top of a cage some other time (I can't remember the order)....

Crazy his ability to work any style.

He doesnt
FKSp814.png

Inspired from this thread

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/where-does-the-rock-stand-in-the-hall-of-greats.4182047/

I’d put Kurt Angle on the next tier just below legendary. One of my personal favorites as a heel, but corny as a baby face.

the “you suck” sung along to the melody of his entrance music always made me smile.

I think Kurt should be up there with anyone because of his versatility. He was a pro wrestling savant. He was a 10/10 worker who could wrestle anyone in any style. He could cut great promos. He could do the serious ass kicking shooter character, he could play the goofy straight-laced athlete guy, he could play the chickenshit heel. He had amazing comedy chops. He went from beginner to elite performer faster than anyone in the history of the business.

The only flaw you could even point to was his size and look. He was under 6 foot and probably 210lbs. He wasn't a muscle guy, and he didn't look intimidating. If Kurt was 6 inches taller and 30-40lbs heavier he would have been perfect.

Back